What's new

I hate geniuses!

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

You need to meet me.

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Facebook friend comments:

abcxyz0000,

sorry to hear that geniuses are boring, i've never met any so i wouldn't know. My friends are for the most part dummies which is why i must be having such a good time ;)

I guess the moral of this story is, don't count on others, geniuses or not, to make you feel thrilled, riveted or anything else. In fact, reality is often not what we imagined or were told it was. This applies to many things.

Only members of opposite sex can give you pleasure.

Life is not about finding positives. It is about avoiding and minimizing negatives.

You will have no time left in your life if you do that.

You live only once, make it count.

Kahani mein twist: There maybe no such thing as genius. There may only be phenomenal memory and unusual hardwork. This concept of genius may be another of those myths created by Western blizzard of hype.

To find a genius interesting, you have to have a modicum of brains and knowledge yourself.

No point giving an encyclopedia to a toddler or throwing pearls to swine.

I probably should not answer this thread but you made 2 mistakes
that I can help correct.

First, the list you provided does not equate with genius. Here is an
I.Q. distribution, a generic Bell curve :
iq-bell-curve.gif

Genius level would start by 145 at lowest, ideally 160 as the text implies.
Most of the jobs you mentioned are done quite well by folks 115 to 140
although they are not technically geniuses.

It is more than likely that you never met a genius level person or didn't know
even if it was the case.

Second and that may be the most important point, being very very bright ...
does not equate with being nice or personable or transfer of information.
It is sadly actually more often than not quite the contrary.

In order to understand why, let's use analogies.
If you wanted to improve your 100m dash, assuming that you are average
in sprint / overall physical abilities, you'd be better off with a standard running
coach than Usain Bolt.
To the coach, getting you to meliorate yourself is what he knows how to do.
To the champ, you're just not able enough compared to his prowess & feats.
How could he explain running faster when his slow gear is twice your max?
He runs that fast by natural design!

The same thing is true of being intellectually gifted. In fact, to a real genius,
other bright people are a bit slow and normal folks are incredibly stupid.
For them to hold a normal conversation with a regular john is like for an F1
driver with his race car to be stuck in normal traffic : everyone is too slow!

For those reasons, a genius is rarely the best teacher save to someone in the
top 2% of intelligence and even then not always. In real life, even most of those
in the high IQ range 115+ find it difficult to interact with normal people and the
said normal folks often dislike the bright ones or feel uneasy around them.

More often than not, geniuses and brilliant minds are thus somewhat isolated.
They are actually renowned for disruptive social interaction, psychology says.
Chances are that if you had met one, he/she would have been uninterested or
squarely unable to discuss things out with you.

Just forget about this and live a happy life. Geniuses are essential to humanity
but they don't have to be essential to each and every individual for that to work.

Have the best possible day, Tay.

Kahani mein twist: There maybe no such thing as genius. There may only be phenomenal memory and unusual hardwork. This concept of genius may be another of those myths created by Western blizzard of hype.
There is this guy who is probably a Bengali. He is affiliated to national as well as international institutions of research of formidable repute. As he has such a high profile I expected his techniques to be something radical. His ideas turned out to be only tad better than my methods. KLPD.

^^^

Quoting and answering yourself, matey? Really?

Strange, Tay.

avd.gif

Do you have any comment on this?

@friendly_troll96

Back
Top Bottom