What's new

Hunger in South Asia at levels of Ethiopia and Chad

Please back to topic: Hunger in South Asia at levels of Ethiopia and Chad

Actually the fact that India objects to 'every bullet sold to Pakistan' pretty much invalidates your assertion that India is 'not reacting' to Pakistan. Pakistan's reactions to India are essentially along the same line - we object to military sales and strategic agreements that potentially bolster India's military. SO i fail to see how you can claim the India is not reacting but Pakistan is.

Last I checked it was India stooping low enough to lobby against Pakistani weapons sales to Vietnam - thats essentially lobbying against economic deals, since Vietnam poses no regional issues like Sri Lanka does. Nope, India is still reacting to pakistan - whether it stops now, as might be indicated by the announcement of not objecting to a 'Pakistani nuclear deal', we shall have to wait and see.

True, but the point is that countering Pakistan's threat is not the only thing that India is doing.

And that's the point. India is doing more.

True, but the point is that countering Pakistan's threat is not the only thing that India is doing.

And that's the point. India is doing more.

But so is Pakistan ...

Again, the comparisons work favorably and unfavorably on both sides.

OK, back to topic after this - like India's statement of 'no objection to a nuclear deal for Pakistan', Pakistan's statement of 'India never posed a threat to Pakistan' can also be interpreted as a similar move to move beyond India.

In fact it is quite likely that the positive statements from Zardari, de-linking Pakistan from India, are what may have led to that statement from India as a quid pro quo.

But so is Pakistan ...

Again, the comparisons work favorably and unfavorably on both sides.

You simply cannot argue that Pakistan is doing more in the fields of international relations and diplomacy than India is, or even close to what India is doing.

Pakistan's foreign office still expends most of its energy on India (if we take WoT out of the equation for the moment).

You simply cannot argue that Pakistan is doing more in the fields of international relations and diplomacy than India is, or even close to what India is doing.

Pakistan's foreign office still expends most of its energy on India (if we take WoT out of the equation for the moment).

That is a flawed standard for comparison, since every nation has its priorities based on the challenges it faces, and those priorities determine the role it wants to play in global affairs based on its resources and clout.

India has the human resources, economic clout, and the strategic clout WRT China, to be able to play that role in global politics - that does not mean that Pakistan, or any other nation, has to equal India in those fields to show that it is moving beyond India or XYZ neighbor.

Apart from the usual corruption and mismanagement, the reasons for malnutrition are the result of ham-handed policies that measure hunger in terms of "staple grains" like wheat and rice.
As a result, wheat and rice are available, but little or no attention is given to the components of a balanced diet like fruits, vegetables, which tend to be region-specific and demand local solutions rather than centralized distribution.

Obviously, the centre cannot do everything, and ultimately, local communities have to come together to organize themselves better.

The root of the problem can be traced to a lack of community spirit among Indians, who tend to align along caste and tribal lines rather than village/town lines.
i.e., a marwari will in Gujarat will help a marwari in Punjab, but will not share his knowledge with the gujjar next door.
The similar explanation can be applied to Pakistan.

In countries like China, Japan, community spirit is the most important value, and expertise is shared and distributed rapidly among the population.
This attitude has its disadvantages of course, but currently, for a developing nation, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

Last edited:
p2prada, sir
i guss, u are not indian, because you dont know, the greatest hindu leader, BALL SHAHIB THAKRAEY?
by the way, plz go and meet him , i surly hope, he can tell you a lot of stories, about hindus victories over muslims & christians in recent history of BHARAT?
he, also got a very nice theory, in which he describes all of indian muslims are & were triators, so they dont have any rights & they can live in india any more, and they should be sent back to pakistan, i guss he is trying to make india a very rich hindus state, simply by elliminating muslims , christains, and lower class hindus cause there is no other way left because in crunnt circumstanses, no indian govt has shown any plans , & they doesnt have a courge to declare india as a secular state, delete the hindu caste system, thus no indian govt can delete poverty from india in comming 100 years.;):D
you dont know BALL JEE , it realy doesnt make any sense, to me & i am sure i would not make any sense to other indian genttle mans.:tsk::lol::lol:

I dont know idiots. I know of one called Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
He once said, " SWARAJ IS MY BIRTHRIGHT, AND I WILL HAVE IT."

I say,"SWARAJ IS MY BIRTHRIGHT, AND I HAVE IT."

He is a better icon of hindu nationalism that some half c**t **** *** * ** ** * ** * * * ** ***** * ** * ** ** * * * *** * * * ******** ** ** ******** *** ** * * *****.:guns::devil:
Sorry for my language.

Actually the fact that India objects to 'every bullet sold to Pakistan' pretty much invalidates your assertion that India is 'not reacting' to Pakistan. Pakistan's reactions to India are essentially along the same line - we object to military sales and strategic agreements that potentially bolster India's military. SO i fail to see how you can claim the India is not reacting but Pakistan is.

Last I checked it was India stooping low enough to lobby against Pakistani weapons sales to Vietnam - thats essentially lobbying against economic deals, since Vietnam poses no regional issues like Sri Lanka does. Nope, India is still reacting to pakistan - whether it stops now, as might be indicated by the announcement of not objecting to a 'Pakistani nuclear deal', we shall have to wait and see.

Military sales are as much militarily inclined as they are economic. Weapon sales to Vietnam affect malayasia and singapore. Our friends.

Military sales are as much militarily inclined as they are economic. Weapon sales to Vietnam affect malayasia and singapore. Our friends.

well, in that case malaysia should have protested. Pakistan has very friendly relations with Malaysia, and they certainly did not raise this issue in any way, shape or form.

Stop clutching at straws.

I'm not a shrink nor have I studied Freud to tell the difference between obsession on level 1, 2 or 3.
To tell you the truth I couldn't care less if India is obsessed or not because it won't affect Pakistan. We've always countered every threat effectively, I'm damn sure we'll manage to do the same in future.

Similarly, india is not affected by pak.

Good for India! :tup:
Please explain me why India is blocking Pakistan's entry into ASEAN. Why did India push with the Chahbahar project in Iran when we started to build Gwadar? Why did India try to block FMS to Pakistan from USA, France, Sweden and Switzerland when your military is already 3 times bigger and stronger? Why did you try to block Pakistani FMS to Vietnam?
Not Pakistan centric? Ya right!

Military issues will always be touchy. We are not going to stop you from economic deals like Iran pak gas line or a pakistan-china nuke deal. Our foreign minister recently told that india will not mind a china-pak nuclear deal.

War on Terror is brought on us because former Cold War players didn't clean up their mess in Afghanistan and we're stuck with the fall out. Its become a matter of national security, even more since one of our neighbor is involved in clandestine affairs in Afghanistan. So yes, our current foreign policy is partly designed to counter this threat. Whats wrong with that? To tell you in your words "We interfere whenever national security is jeopardized". :enjoy:

True, But it does not prove our obsession with pak.

And China's growing military presence in the region.
What growing "military presence." There is not a shred of chinese naval activities in the indian ocean.

No taken but driven to backseat because UNSC and the P5 aren't going to agree on the Veto issues.

These are the exact reasons the UNSC seat has taken a backseat. Only US and China have objected to an Indian seat with VETO, with France as the primary supporter of an indian seat. It will take a few years of diplomacy to convince them.

I agree but India is not alone in this fight.
True, we have friends, even in pakistan with regard to this issue. But, india is also "spearheading" the fight with china and brazil.

P.prada...stop dissecting well thought posts, with a range of points made, with your one line troll-posts.

i've not yet seen a post from you, arguing a point in a comprehensive and efficient manner.

well, in that case malaysia should have protested. Pakistan has very friendly relations with Malaysia, and they certainly did not raise this issue in any way, shape or form.

Stop clutching at straws.

Then vietnam threatens singapore. Happy!!!!

Malaysia may have raised the issue on an official level with pakistan instead of making make public announcements. Plus, they know india will object anything related to pak military.

Singapore have very good relations with Vietnam these days and are in fact the biggest investor in that country. Do you have any knowledge of any current geo-political issues?

SINGAPORE-VIETNAM RELATIONS

Singapore and Vietnam have developed excellent and wide-ranging relations, built-up up over the years through exchanges of visits at the highest level. President Tran Duc Luong visited Singapore in March 1998, and in turn, President S R Nathan became the first Head of State from Singapore to visit Vietnam when he made a State Visit in February 2001. The expansion of trade and business contacts between Singapore and Vietnam over the years has also been a significant factor in forging strong bilateral ties. As an indication of the strength of this relationship, Singapore remains the largest investor in Vietnam, having made cumulative investment of US$7.26 billion by end 2001. Singapore also ranks consistently as one of Vietnam's most important trading partners. The Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park and the Vietnam-Singapore Technical Training Centre in Binh Duong province and the Vietnam-Singapore Training Centre in Hanoi are concrete symbols of the close cooperation between the two countries. Other than working closely together in ASEAN, Vietnam and Singapore also cooperate closely in other fora such as ASEM, APEC and FEALAC.

Singapore is also honoured to play a role in Vietnam's human resource development. Since 1992, more than 2500 Vietnamese have received training in Singapore under the Singapore Cooperation Programme in areas such as healthcare, environment, finance and trade, productivity, public administration and English language training. In February 2002, Singapore formally established the Vietnam-Singapore Training Centre in Hanoi, with a focus on capacity building for Vietnamese officials. Singapore has also been providing scholarships to Vietnamese students to pursue academic courses including, among others, the ASEAN Secondary Three Scholarships, the Singapore Scholarship (undergraduate studies) and the NUS' Master in Public Management and Master in Public Policy Programmes (post-graduate studies).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom