What's new

Huawei, ZTE ready to give source codes to India

In India it's because of IBM's network of sales and services and the brand image IBM carries...not aware of other countries.

Keep deluding yourself. Lenovo is launching more low-end to mid-range smartphones in India in the coming years, just don't cry IBM when they dominated the Indian's smartphone market share.

Chinese companies just put much trust into Indias incompetence : )) By the time they manage to copy it and produce it on their own, we might be selling augmented reality shades with multi petaflop cores on our Mars colony to tourists

its hard not to believe that in India there is a serious brainwashing campaigns going on```as every single new Indian members joined in PDF and were very ignorant and deluded...

they just cannot accept the fact that world major international professional institutions (economy, social development and science) labeld India as primitive and backward, yet they still somehow believe India can do this and that```

this joke country has to import almost every quality industrial and commercial products from other countries

here is the World Bank annual databass of every country's High tech products exports

High-technology exports (current US$) | Data | Table

China: over 400 billion
India: just over 10billion (mostly pharmaceutical and outsourced softare)

now with all those facts please tell me how can India manufacture anything that is high tech ?

^ a chinese complaining of brain washing... :lol: thanks for the chuckles :tup:

poor chinese companies seem desperate to access the indian market. they are welcome here though, more competition is better for indian consumers.

This is a good decision. Huawei is showing lots of confidence in letting governments around the world reviewing its source code. If the Indian government can't find any real evidence, then it will run out of these patriotic steam to stop Huawei.

Realistically I don't think India can exclude Huawei, a company that offers superior products at lower price. On top of that, India has no indigenous telecommunication equipment company in the competition, so by denying Huawei, it has to turn to other western companies for more expensive options. Lastly, Huawei is a major invesstor in India employing tons of people. Shutting Huawei out means many Indians will lose their jobs.

This is a good decision. Huawei is showing lots of confidence in letting governments around the world reviewing its source code. If the Indian government can't find any real evidence, then it will run out of these patriotic steam to stop Huawei.

Realistically I don't think India can exclude Huawei, a company that offers superior products at lower price. On top of that, India has no indigenous telecommunication equipment company in the competition, so by denying Huawei, it has to turn to other western companies for more expensive options. Lastly, Huawei is a major invesstor in India employing tons of people. Shutting Huawei out means many Indians will lose their jobs.
fully agreed here.

Indians are more interested in companies that hire/train and develop local talent. be it designing or manufacturing.
these companies will win major brownie points if they can show local investments. good luck to both firms.

Keep deluding yourself. Lenovo is launching more low-end to mid-range smartphones in India in the coming years, just don't cry IBM when they dominated the Indian's smartphone market share.

Not going to happen. No one in market for the higher and mid-range category will ever buy a Huawei or a ZTE. Those in the lower end will stick to Nokia and Samsung which have presence in that category or Indian brands like Micromax.

Best of luck competing with the likes of Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Micromax.

Good work on part of Huawei.

However, lot more needs to be done. Considering the origins of Huawei.

For instance, a person told me when he the Huawei India R&D centre , the top floors R&D floors no Indians are allowed. Only Chinese personel entry. This naturally makes one suspect, as it unlike R&D centre of any other foreign company.

Of course, the above is an anecdote, not sure if true.

Fair point,

Huawei's products has been improving since I first saw them many years ago in the UK (USB dongles)

If what you mention about the R&D floors being secret then it is a pity (if true), credit goes where its due and Indian talent have proven to be natural at coding which I am sure will benefit the firm immensely where ideas shared. (The coding talent bit was mentioned by my China cousin working in SG as a programmer)

Not going to happen. No one in market for the higher and mid-range category will ever buy a Huawei or a ZTE. Those in the lower end will stick to Nokia and Samsung which have presence in that category or Indian brands like Micromax.

Best of luck competing with the likes of Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Micromax.

No one ever expected Huawei and ZTE gears to top India's market share too :lol:

How ZTE, Huawei are hitting European rivals hard in India

That's in telecom equipment segment, my reply was to the guy talking about competing in mobile smart phone segment.

High IQ Indian, my point was meant that the very same impression of Huawei/ZTE gears are not going to succeed in India was existed too.

And you, sir, and JackdawG and many others, have the exact same impression.

Does it matter? No.

High IQ Indian, my point was meant that the very same impression of Huawei/ZTE gears are not going to succeed in India was existed too.

And you, sir, and JackdawG and many others, have the exact same impression.

Does it matter? No.

How many Telecom equipment manufacturers we have in India excluding Chinese? Two or three. And Chinese equipments aren't superior from the likes of Ericsson or Siemens, they're cheap. The sole reason they are being selected by telecom contractors.

And for smartphone, we have more than 12 brands operating at every niche' of market segment. Here pricing strategy won't work because you aren't introducing anything new to this segment. And specially, the term 'Chinese' irks every cell phone buyer in India.

And for the High IQ part, shove it up your rear, would you?

How many Telecom equipment manufacturers we have in India excluding Chinese? Two or three. And Chinese equipments aren't superior from the likes of Ericsson or Siemens,

No, there are 5 at the very least. Huawei, ZTE, Nokia Siemens, Ericsson, and Alcatel Lucent.

they're cheap. The sole reason they are being selected by telecom contractors.

Cheap, reliable and has quality. Indians wouldn't just want cheap but no quality and reliability right? Many Indians can back me up on this one :rofl:

And for smartphone, we have more than 12 brands operating at every niche' of market segment. Here pricing strategy won't work because you aren't introducing anything new to this segment. And specially, the term 'Chinese' irks every cell phone buyer in India.

Then I guess this Indian must be very special.

Heck, they should have the same irks when it comes to laptops so Lenovo won't be be all over India :lol:

And for the High IQ part, shove it up your rear, would you?

Not happening when it's coming from an Indian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom