What's new

Huawei, ZTE ready to give source codes to India

I should've used "national treasury" instead :lol:

This is exactly what I would say when my country is failing to catch up.

Don't get mad just because some of our brands are sitting on the top of your market share, and the crappy Aakash has a "made in china" label on it :rofl:

LOL - I am not mad at you. I am happy the Aakash is "made in china" - it makes sense. I am fine with any brand - Chinese or Jamaican having a majority market share.

And for crying out loud - "national treasure" not "national treasury".

And if you think I would buy an Indian product instead of a Chinese product - you are mistaken. I think as lowly of Indian firms as I think of Chinese firms. And I think both civilizations have not made any innovative, globally accepted product in centuries.

LOL - I am not mad at you. I am happy the Aakash is "made in china" - it makes sense. I am fine with any brand - Chinese or Jamaican having a majority market share.

Well you have no control over that anyways.

And for crying out loud - "national treasure" not "national treasury".

Thanks for correcting again, lurking on this forum is a way to improve my English at least :lol:

And if you think I would buy an Indian product instead of a Chinese product - you are mistaken. I think as lowly of Indian firms as I think of Chinese firms. And I think both civilizations have not made any innovative, globally accepted product in centuries.

That is true to a certain extent, and China has made a lot more progress in many different areas compared to India. And the only excuse from India is that we can only "copy".

You need to understand the fact that a 5 years old kid wouldn't be able to build a PC, even if you give him all the instruction manuals it requires for putting together a PC, and we're that 5 years old kid.

You need to understand the fact that a 5 years old kid wouldn't be able to build a PC, even if you give him all the instruction manuals it requires for putting together a PC, and we're that 5 years old kid.
it still remains laughable when the kid tries to be macho n lecture others. one only comes off as a tool and erode the little respect they should have gotten for their efforts

Well you have no control over that anyways.

Thanks for correcting again, lurking on this forum is a way to improve my English at least :lol:

That is true to a certain extent, and China has made a lot more progress in many different areas compared to India. And the only excuse from India is that we can only "copy".

You need to understand the fact that a 5 years old kid wouldn't be able to build a PC, even if you give him all the instructions it requires for putting together a PC, and we're that 5 years old kid.

Progress in getting more citizens out of poverty. Yes. Progress in infrastructure - yes. Progress in civic liberties- no. Models are different. China is doing well. We all know that.

Progress in getting more citizens out of poverty. Yes. Progress in infrastructure - yes. Progress in civic liberties- no. Models are different. China is doing well. We all know that.

Not sure what you're after, if you're trying to create something like a revolution, then yes. In some case, that can be true.

But the real life China is a lot more free than what your medias told you, believe it or not.

Check out this guys channel, and you'll see how simple lives are in China, and how different than what the Western media has portrayed it to be. ( This guy is a Westerner )

Here's an example

Last edited by a moderator:
JD's point was globally accepted chinese/indian innovation. PC is still western invention.
he was right, we do have to spell it out for the chinese to understand

Actually, invention is not innovation.

In your case, we've invented the compass, gun powder, paper, ect...

Innovation is more like improving the original invention and make it better, improvise new ways of using the invention ect ect... So in our case, Lenovo has done a great job for making reliable laptops, and the current best rated Windows 8 laptop goes to the Lenovo Yoga.

And as to Huawei, they have some of the worlds fastest telecom gears, and storage systems.

Here's an example

Storage upstart Huawei snatches NFS filer crown

It's not something that we're proud of or anything, but at least it's something from China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, invention is not innovation.

In your case, we've invented the compass, gun powder, paper, ect...

Innovation is more like improving the original invention and make it better, improvise new ways of using the invention ect ect... So in our case, Lenovo has done a great job for making reliable laptops, and the current best rated Windows 8 laptop goes to the Lenovo Yoga.

And as to Huawei, they have some of the worlds fastest telecom gears, and storage systems.

Here's an example

Storage upstart Huawei snatches NFS filer crown

It's not something that we're proud of or anything, but at least it's something from China.

i'm not discounting achievements by chinese firms. i feel huawei is an innovation based company, not lenovo. PC makers are system integrators not exactly innovators. intel, broadcom, hynix, amd, cisco and many others are innovators in my book.
just my 2 cents

This move is required to stay in market as Indian government alredy announce for domestic telecom equpments all compnies know that first target will be chinese firms just like they were banned in past so without such action they cant survive in India

it still remains laughable when the kid tries to be macho n lecture others. one only comes off as a tool and erode the little respect they should have gotten for their efforts

now you know why the world takes indian as some sort of cheap jokes``because its like a 5 years old clueless kid runing everywhere trying to be machoman```you know your country and your people are jokes

We're not lecturing others, we're learning. It's the Indian members here that doesn't seem so happy that we're gaining so much knowledge, and grew so quick, in a such short period of time.

i'm not discounting achievements by chinese firms. i feel huawei is an innovation based company, not lenovo. PC makers are system integrators not exactly innovators. intel, broadcom, hynix, amd, cisco and many others are innovators in my book.
just my 2 cents

Well, you win.

^you'll find an equal number of indians who appreciate and admire chinese achievements. infact thanks to east asian advancements in general, a historic number of people have had easy access to technological advancements.

please be confident and thick skinned enough to take a few pot shots( it is the nature of the forum).

It's the Indian members here that doesn't seem so happy that we're gaining so much knowledge, and grew so quick, in a such short period of time.

That's exactly right. :tup:

When Lenovo becomes the number 1 PC maker in India and then in the world, the Indians laugh and say that it is "cheap crap".

Even though a mid-to-high end Lenovo laptop will cost around $1000! They are just mocking the majority their own people who could never afford it.

Back
Top Bottom