What's new

How Tough is China’s Mission to Fight Terrorism

<You articulated quite well, except the last paragraph.> You called that articulation? I say that being ******* stupid!!!

Relax friend. Mr. Sub-zero thrives on "living on the edge" - even if just for a moment in cyberspace. Truthfully, I simply validated his sentiment and some of the logic behind it. But I hardly endorse his view in totality.

Clearly, if you know how many off-spring of the CCP upper echelon are/have been abroad, and consequently hold foreign passports, you'll know that there are reasons behind certain outrage.

After all, it won't be a blessing for anyone if the PRC were to be run by "NRCs" just as India is arguably puppet-mastered to a considerable extent by "NRIs" whose wettest dream is to out-neo-con the neo-cons, India the tool be d@mned.

Anyways, ethnic sympathies for the diaspora and vice versa will always exist. However, proper nation states today do not function primarily based on ethnic sympathies - shared cultural/language/religious identities within a framework of objective definition of merit can work just as well.

But that's a digression.

Finally, I have no problem with "thinking like the white men" if I happen to agree with the particular thinking of a particular man. Cutting off the nose to spite the face is not a measure of confidence.

And it is quite unlikely that Mr. Sub-zero himself would have learned serviceable English language from a black man or a brown man - in a statistical sense (though not impossible) ...

Maybe the PRC should use the Kurdish (PKK) to rise against the Turks.
To make trouble for the nation of Turkey will pay China no dividend and frankly as someone said, this is not a game the PRC even knew how to play. It's not worth learning now. Aping Uncle will not prosper.

To combat transnational grey wolfline trouble-making, PRC has a very limited role to play under present circumstances. Iran, Russia, (as well as Armenia and Greece) will do all the lifting.

But if something like the "Bernard Lewis" project ever succeeds, then a good chunk of the bets are off.

Last edited:
ottomans never even touched iran, much less china. they need to wake up and learn that turkey is a small insignificant but highly militarized country with almost no industrial base. worse than north korea.

My albeit very limited understanding of this is that the current brand of "strategic-depth-seeking" "neo-Ottomanism" displays more of a pro-arab, iran-appeasing, and mildly pan-islamic bend than naked pan-turkic ethno-national aspirations.

The distinction seems subtle, and it could merely be a means to an end. But nevertheless I reckon it's there.

I am not familiar with Turkey's industrial base - why don't you let the Turks educate you on that instead of spewing your own speculations?

However, I do get the sense that Turkey is somewhat hamstrung. Being "housed" in NATO is as much a blessing as it is a handicap presently.

In some ways I'm glad we have the himalayans to the south west, Deserts and mountains to the north west. And no major empires to the east and south or north.

This did not prevent clash with normads but it prevents clash of empires which have tired out and replaced many civilizations in the past. At present they are only their former shells? (Can greece do once again what alexander does? Maybe nothing short after WW 3 can make it happen)

You may not agree but china has an advantageous geographic layout which allows it to develop virtually unmolested for long periouds of time and have its distinctive characteristics, for its existence to cement, for its population to grow.

How much tradition did greece keep? How much tradition did egyptians keep? Where is rome? In fact we are so comfortable that we are forced to open up.

p.s. China occupies a similar range of latitudes as the US.

The Geopolitics Of China - John Mauldin's Outside the Box - InvestorsInsight.com | Financial Intelligence, Advice & Research / Investment Strategies & Planning for Individual Investors.

There are only two big states inside hot temperate zone (most suitable for people to live) - China and USA (Similar area, but China has 4.5 times population as USA.)

That is why USA always want to split China!

Relax friend. Mr. Sub-zero thrives on "living on the edge" - even if just for a moment in cyberspace. Truthfully, I simply validated his sentiment and some of the logic behind it. But I hardly endorse his view in totality.

Clearly, if you know how many off-spring of the CCP upper echelon are/have been abroad, and consequently hold foreign passports, you'll know that there are reasons behind certain outrage.

After all, it won't be a blessing for anyone if the PRC were to be run by "NRCs" just as India is arguably puppet-mastered to a considerable extent by "NRIs" whose wettest dream is to out-neo-con the neo-cons, India the tool be d@mned.

Anyways, ethnic sympathies for the diaspora and vice versa will always exist. However, proper nation states today do not function primarily based on ethnic sympathies - shared cultural/language/religious identities within a framework of objective definition of merit can work just as well.

But that's a digression.

Finally, I have no problem with "thinking like the white men" if I happen to agree with the particular thinking of a particular man. Cutting off the nose to spite the face is not a measure of confidence.

And it is quite unlikely that Mr. Sub-zero himself would have learned serviceable English language from a black man or a brown man - in a statistical sense (though not impossible) ...

To make trouble for the nation of Turkey will pay China no dividend and frankly as someone said, this is not a game the PRC even knew how to play. It's not worth learning now. Aping Uncle will not prosper.

To combat transnational grey wolfline trouble-making, PRC has a very limited role to play under present circumstances. Iran, Russia, (as well as Armenia and Greece) will do all the lifting.

But if something like the "Bernard Lewis" project ever succeeds, then a good chunk of the bets are off.

i don't think i was being stupid, its the idea of a modern nation state. ethnicity doesn't really matter, citizenship matters. if someone takes up another nationality, then they are not chinese citizens anymore and the government doesn't have to take care of them. after all they swore loyalty to a new government right?

I ain't saying you were stupid, my man! I said you got a point and a good one at that ... with caveats.

<i don't think i was being stupid, its the idea of a modern nation state. ethnicity doesn't really matter, citizenship matters. if someone takes up another nationality, then they are not chinese citizens anymore and the government doesn't have to take care of them. after all they swore loyalty to a new government right?>

If you believe in this then I have a beachfront property that I would sell it to you cheap.

Don't get hang up on the nationality thing. We're not talking about nationalities we're talking about ethnicities.

It's absolutely unacceptable and irresponsible for China to close its eyes while Chinese ethnics are being killed, raped, etc. in a country that they happen to live in.

If ethnic Russians were killed or raped in a country that they happen to live in I am willing to bet that the Russian government would do something about it.

China is a powerful country economically and militarily so don't give me **** about nationality ****. If China were weak I could understand.

<That is why USA always want to split China!> Good luck!!

China got split many times in the past temporarily (from internal fighting and foreign invasions) but miraculously China did not get broken up into many countries. I think there was a professor from UCLA who studied this phenomenon.

So, not to worry about foreigners splitting China. For thousands of years China has proven that it cannot be split.

<To make trouble for the nation of Turkey will pay China no dividend and frankly as someone said, this is not a game the PRC even knew how to play. It's not worth learning now. Aping Uncle will not prosper.
>

What kind of logic is this? China is much more powerful and bigger than Turkey. So if Turkey fucks China China should not **** Turkey?

Some old pictures of Xinjiang cavalry training. Horses are taught to lie down on cue and maintain low observability

<i don't think i was being stupid, its the idea of a modern nation state. ethnicity doesn't really matter, citizenship matters. if someone takes up another nationality, then they are not chinese citizens anymore and the government doesn't have to take care of them. after all they swore loyalty to a new government right?>

If you believe in this then I have a beachfront property that I would sell it to you cheap.

Don't get hang up on the nationality thing. We're not talking about nationalities we're talking about ethnicities.

It's absolutely unacceptable and irresponsible for China to close its eyes while Chinese ethnics are being killed, raped, etc. in a country that they happen to live in.

If ethnic Russians were killed or raped in a country that they happen to live in I am willing to bet that the Russian government would do something about it.

China is a powerful country economically and militarily so don't give me **** about nationality ****. If China were weak I could understand.

<That is why USA always want to split China!> Good luck!!

China got split many times in the past temporarily (from internal fighting and foreign invasions) but miraculously China did not get broken up into many countries. I think there was a professor from UCLA who studied this phenomenon.

So, not to worry about foreigners splitting China. For thousands of years China has proven that it cannot be split.

<To make trouble for the nation of Turkey will pay China no dividend and frankly as someone said, this is not a game the PRC even knew how to play. It's not worth learning now. Aping Uncle will not prosper.
>

What kind of logic is this? China is much more powerful and bigger than Turkey. So if Turkey fucks China China should not **** Turkey?

I really think that you have to think about what ethnic chinese outside China are doing. In some countries like Japan and Malaysia, they really support us and in Japan alot still have Chinese citizenships. But in places like Singapore and Indonesia (even before 1998) they are at the forefront of anti-Chinese sentiment.

Of course if Turkey wants to play, we can play. Turkey's armed forces are large, but their level of industrialization is stuck in the 1960's. It's shameful to even compare ourselves to a country as weak as Turkey. Turkey can't even compare to India.

Of course if Turkey wants to play, we can play. Turkey's armed forces are large, but their level of industrialization is stuck in the 1960's. It's shameful to even compare ourselves to a country as weak as Turkey. Turkey can't even compare to India.

This IMO shows a naked "Uncle" mentality, and will be good for neither your health nor your morals over the long run. Standing up for yourself is necessary - but &#20506;&#24378;&#20940;&#24369; (or the appearance of which) will not get you far. People do not have to fight injustices symmetrically in a military/industrial sense - I for one believe eventually what goes around comes around.

OTOH, if the Turkish political honcho class think it is befitting their agenda to run their mouths irresponsibly at the expense of other nations each and every time to score cheap nationalistic/West-pleasing/"Ummah-inciting" points, then payback will come to them one way or another - empty and pompous threats from China or anyone else are not necessary and in fact may achieve the opposite effect.

Here is a question in the real world: one of the following countries has not hosted one Ms. Rebiya Kadeer, who propped up fake photos on CNN during the riot (with the excuse later that she didn't have time to "vet") - which one is it (despite rhetoric)?

A) US
B) UK
C) Germany
C) Australia
D) Turkey

As I said before - Turkey has certain interesting Eurasian "sensitivities" in their historical/cultural/ethno-religious self-definition. Working with them with an eye on the "long view" seems to me preferable to hysteria.

We will find out.

Last edited:
Frankly speaking, Turkey is no a cup of tea of China.

We can support Kurdistan independence and Unity of Cyprus, admit Armenian Genocide!

<I really think that you have to think about what ethnic chinese outside China are doing. In some countries like Japan and Malaysia, they really support us and in Japan alot still have Chinese citizenships. But in places like Singapore and Indonesia (even before 1998) they are at the forefront of anti-Chinese sentiment.>

Do you know Sing and Indon well? LKY promotes Chinese culture. In Indon some ethnic Chinese support KMT and some support CCP.

Dude, you've got the wrong or distorted mentality or attitude when it comes into ethnicity. You can change nationality but you cannot change your ethnicity (you're pretty much branded until you die).

<Turkey has certain interesting Eurasian "sensitivities"> They are fucked, Europeans don't want them and they don't wanna be called Asians.

<We can support Kurdistan independence and Unity of Cyprus, admit Armenian Genocide!> Now you're talking, China's got some **** to play with.

BTW, the Turkish side of Cyprus is fucked up.

Lee also said that chinese culture is vengeful and that the US should work at all costs to counter our rise, so him promoting chinese culture seems not so friendly anymore.

people of other countries swear loyalty to their countries, including people of chinese ethnicity, i don't know whats the problem here. they swear loyalty to whatever their government is, even if its made up of whites. thats fine, but don't expect a foreign government (the PRC) to help citizens of another country. the government doesn't do enough for CHINESE CITIZENS and you expect them to help NON CITIZENS?

i don't think i was being stupid, its the idea of a modern nation state. ethnicity doesn't really matter, citizenship matters. if someone takes up another nationality, then they are not chinese citizens anymore and the government doesn't have to take care of them. after all they swore loyalty to a new government right?

The person you are talking to will not understand that. Because he belongs to a Turkish speaking ethnic minority of Xinjiang .... I am not naming the community's name but hope you understand. These separatists hate Chinese (because of racism) and thats natural. If they start loving Chinese, I will say thats abnormal, unnatural and of course alarming.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom