What's new

How to deal with growing Sindhi Nationalism?

Army and Govt has to treat the problem with velvet gloves... Don't rush to use iron ✊...

All the best

Provincial divisions does not divide sindhi identity. At the end of the day ur still a sindhi. A southern sindhi and a. Northern sindhi.
Frankly I think u guys dont want to deal with ur own people. The nationalist card serves u to make deals with establishment like u folks did in past. So dont sound so naive.
Wrong every sindhi is not a nationalist. A big section is actually fundamentally religious

If you want to play this game then you should know karachi was never sindhi but baloch. Even south Punjab(where hardly any sindhi speaking people exist) nobody wants ur wadera shahi bs. So stay where u are and dont transgress. Use ur words wisely.

Wrong, virtually all of us are nationalists in our own way. I live and breath in Sindh every day. Being Muslim has nothing to do with our nationalist tendencies. When push comes to shove we'll always chose Sindh over Pakistan. Much as Bengalis did.

There is no question about Sindh's division. That is plane unacceptable to us. No matter what rationale you can conjure up.

We don't want wadera shahi bs either. But that's our problem to handle. Ironically, the nationalists most of you are trying to target are pro-soliciams, anti-PPP and anti-wadera groups.

I have used my words wisely and I have not transgressed. I speak for my land and my people. No outsider has any rights in this regard.

I agree, but not only Punjab and Balochistan, all provinces should be divided into more provinces. All provinces in the country are based on language, parties like PPP, PML N, MQM and etc get votes on language racism.

All religious parties should be Banned.

Its better to be a Pakistani, than a Muslim, there are Christians, Hindus, Mirzaye in the country too.
Religion in Pakistan is Cancer, More than 80k killed in the name of Islam, All mullah considers each other Infidel/Kafir.

All parties are military product, Don't be Hypocrite,
PPP and PML N are also military product. Ayob and Zia brought them.

So, Do't criticize military for some parties, All politicians have none of reputation, so they got back of some generals, better to criticize these stupid, hypocrite and immature politicians.
its funny you say that , I'm distantly related to this guy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogendra_Nath_Mandal. My ancestors were lower caste Hindus and they supported Pakistan, unfortunately the racist Pak Army Generals wanted to wipe my family off the map, this is how you lose friends and alienate people, Pakistan needs to reform.

Quite unfortunate that the lone voice from Rural Sindh here differs from other perspectives.

To me, the most immediate root cause of all problems is the PPP governance and corruption. If a mainstream alternative doesn't emerge than its only a matter of time before an Awami League type party representing the non-feudal class emerges fron the other side.

Approaching the problem like it is just a piece of land will not solve the problem. Top down approaches while we sit in the north hasn't worked in the past nor will work in the future.

I just got a like from an Indian on one of my comments. Generally I like the "likes." But Indians, keep out. What goes inside Pakistan and between Pakistanis is our own business.

Transfer governance to grass roots level through local bodies. Make more provinces--start with Punjab and carve at least three provinces out of it. Sindh needs to be split in to three. Balochistan in to two at least.

When exactly will it dawn upon you guys that Pakistan exists because of its provinces and provinces do not exist because of Pakistan? But then again if you did not learn in 1971 why would you learn now?

You can chose Sindh over Pakistan all you want to. No surprises there

But you are no East Pakistan either

You occupy all the government positions in the province. You occupy all the government jobs. And even after that you want to go sindhu desh then remember millions of urdu speaking mohajirs, Punjabis and pashtuns living in Sindh are not going to support you in this racist cause

Bengalis never had such a huge population belonging to other ethnic groups in their largest cities. Sindh has. Be careful what you do. It won't be pretty and easy like Bengalis

A BIG BAD ROTTEN PROBLEM FOR WHOLE SINDH.

Urdu walas have NO reason to FIGHT Sindhis and in same sense SINDHIS should have no reason to fight us

SINDH IS OUR HOME - ONLY HOME.

Urdu Walas and Sindhis were made to fight each other. Both gain nothing as who would want to disturb home.

May be Someone from NORTH has created a DIVIDE.

That will solve a lot of issues. Some sort of Leadership emerging acceptable to all folks.

You occupy all the government positions in the province. You occupy all the government jobs. And even after that you want to go sindhu desh then remember millions of urdu speaking mohajirs, Punjabis and pashtuns are not going to support you in this racist cause

Bengalis never had such a huge population belonging to other ethnic groups in their largest cities. Sindh has. Be careful what you do. It won't be pretty and easy like Bengalis

Separatism even if we look outside the Pakistani perspective is not possible. Too much has changed and too many inter-dependencies. Everything has to work out within the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

A BIG BAD ROTTEN PROBLEM FOR WHOLE SINDH.

Urdu walas have NO reason to FIGHT Sindhis and in same sense SINDHIS should have no reason to fight us

SINDH IS OUR HOME - ONLY HOME.

Urdu Walas and Sindhis were made to fight each other. Both gain nothing as who would want to disturb home.

May be Someone from NORTH has created a DIVIDE.

Cut the bullshit

Our home is Pakistan. Not one province

My ancestors didn't leave their perfectly well settled homes in India to settle in Sindh. They left them for Pakistan

If Sindh is our home then why we have quota system only in Sindh? Why no muhajir can become Chief Minister of Sindh?

We had army chiefs who were born in India but never a chief minister who was born in Karachi

Instead of pleasing those who hate us question their racism

Sindhi racism needs to be called out
Separatism even if we look outside the Pakistani perspective is not possible. Too much has changed and too many inter-dependencies. Everything has to work out within the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Agreed

But apparently Sindhi nationalists are not aware of these facts. I hope they realize this soon

Last edited:
Educate them improve the literacy rate
Make better infrastructure
Give them jobs

Improve their living standards

Above all end PPP From Sindh

Pakistan needs a provincial system similar to Afghanistan that's based on administrative efficiency rather than ethnic groups. Ever wonder why Hazaras, Tajiks, Uzbeks, etc never want their own country? Because they're all split into different provinces, different cities, etc.

its funny you say that , I'm distantly related to this guy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogendra_Nath_Mandal. My ancestors were lower caste Hindus and they supported Pakistan, unfortunately the racist Pak Army Generals wanted to wipe my family off the map, this is how you lose friends and alienate people, Pakistan needs to reform.

Problem is most of Wikipedia pages related to Pakistan and China, mostly Hijacked by Indians. They add their sh*t and add source from Indian media or their propaganda sites, which claim to be from Asia or Europe.
You can check Pakistan-India, and China-India wars related articles, all will be showing Indian victory and Pakistan and China as brutal murderer, genocide and linked source will be from India.

Jinnah was secular and he dreamed for a secular state for Muslims, Christians, Qadiyanis, and Hindu lower casts like Dalit. But unluckily he got death due to illness and Pakistan was Hijacked by Mullahs. As for Islamization, Zia was behind this, not other generals.

Wrong, virtually all of us are nationalists in our own way. I live and breath in Sindh every day. Being Muslim has nothing to do with our nationalist tendencies. When push comes to shove we'll always chose Sindh over Pakistan. Much as Bengalis did.

There is no question about Sindh's division. That is plane unacceptable to us. No matter what rationale you can conjure up.

We don't want wadera shahi bs either. But that's our problem to handle. Ironically, the nationalists most of you are trying to target are pro-soliciams, anti-PPP and anti-wadera groups.

I have used my words wisely and I have not transgressed. I speak for my land and my people. No outsider has any rights in this regard.
Hot air. What push..dont compare urself with bangladesh. Bangladesh and Pakistan were in an abnormal setup and mother nature adjusted it . Sindh is an indispensable part of territory around it as it has a river flowing through that originates way up in north....all this sindhi nationalism was probably sleeping during 90 year Bombay presidency until the WW2 swept Brits.fun part even likes of shahnawaz bhutto initially took side of bombay.
Current Sindhi nationalism revolves largely around the history culture and language or around few secessionists and less around well being of sindhis and governance.... This is not 1960s and we also live here .. today a common sindhi is aware what is worth of a seaport and who draws away extra water in upper sindh with blame on dams. You are also sleeping on how politically divided sindhi is today and how political vacuum is developing as the new ppp chairman is not a bhutto by lineage.

You occupy all the government positions in the province. You occupy all the government jobs. And even after that you want to go sindhu desh then remember millions of urdu speaking mohajirs, Punjabis and pashtuns living in Sindh are not going to support you in this racist cause

Sindhi nationalists don't realise how stupid they sound when they equate east Pakistan thousands miles, and even then they needed help of India army who outnumbered Pakistanis 15-1. India couldn't defeat west Pakistan even back in 1971. Good luck now with nuclear weapons in hand even if large local population turn hostile. We didn't give up FATA after decade of war and that was not even merged with Pakistan back then. While no one even remember Sindh terrorism in 80's.

Karachi isn't becoming Sindhi majority, they should forgot about it. It will expand further and eventually Karachi alone may have more population then rest of Sindh combined if proper census is held. Then they will have to accept CM from Karachi or let Karachi become province. Live with peace with this fact in mind. Karachi was already made hindu majority by British and we all know what would have happened to it under Bombay province. This is why ancestors of Sindhis were first one to support Pakistan resolution in parliament. It was muslim league aka ancestors of muhajirs that made sure Sindh became separate province from Bombay in 1936. Now modern Sindhis cannot chose Sindh over Pakistan, no sir thats not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom