Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What a fascinating website :rofl:
http://suparco.gov.pk/webroot/index.asp
Take a look at ISRO http://www.isro.gov.in/
Its sad to see a once leading space agency on the frontiers of space exploration become what it has,Can't even design a website properly,With a reputation globally similar to a Car-mechanic.
Its record of its once glorious past still stand though.
In 1962 Pakistan was the third country in Asia and the tenth in the world to conduct successful spaceflight (Rehbar-I meaning teller of the way) by launching a research rocket.

This was how Indians were doing it in 1980
main-qimg-05207feacea3fb4316cdd67904cfbf16

This is where they've come
48347273.cms

ISRO.jpg

I don't think its fund's but a whole lot is wrong with our Space agency ,Might as well learn from our Neighboring country regardless of the :taz: bunch,IF not we can always learn from Iran too:cheers:
1018848425.png

Although news like this is great http://www.dawn.com/news/1290894
We need to get SUPARCO and make it more relevant,Not just use it on CPEC syndrome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Pakistan space program will come with due time , it is not high priority right now we already have too many issues to resolve first

a) Hospital (Priority)
b) Power (Priority)
c) Trade (Priority)
d) Population size control (Reduction from 180 Million to 92 Million Range)
e) Medicine and Long term care
f) Water and Recycling in cities

At best I would prefer our Space program faced more on Combined Aprentice status with China or Turkey or friendly nations. Collaboration at scientific level with also Europe and other friendly nations.

Long Term Space travel Beyond Moon is not good for Human Physiology

a) Bone density is lost causing fractures and other health problems
b) Life expectency reduction due to Cosmic rays in space between Earth - Mars distance travel
c) Impact of Radiation on production system in Humans
d) Irreverseble eye damage to eye sight by prolonged stay in space

China will build first Moon base and best we can do is have scientist work in collaboration to observe the mission and process to learn from friendly nation

None Human Launches to Space / Deep space mission (I don't mind as the Space Technology for Rocket is similar to our Missile tech we already have just larger Rockets)

Projects that can be incorporated into Pakistani Yearly Budget

(Short Term Goal)

1) National Space Observatory (1-4) full fledged Observatory on mountain
2) Project similar to Hubble , where Scientist can observe the Space Year to Year basis
3) Budget to promote Sciences related to Astronomy limited National Seats gurenteed Jobs
in Government sector

Last edited:
Well Pakistan space program will come with due time , it is not high priority right now we already have too many issues to resolve first

a) Hospital
b) Power
c) Trade
d) Population size control
:rofl:
Sir I think we're losing billions in corruption in the hundreds in provinces like sindh,Move the funds to SUPARCO.
Damned Leaders,Such shame.
*Hangs my head down

Long Term Space travel Beyond Moon is not good for Human Physiology

a) Bone density is lost causing fractures and other health problems
b) Life expectency reduction due to Cosmic rays in space between Earth - Mars distance travel
c) Impact of Radiation on production system in Humans
d) Irreverseble eye damage to eye sight by prolonged stay in space

China will build first Moon base and best we can do is have scientist work in collaboration to observe the mission and process to learn from friendly nation
There's a thing called ISS ,Ever heard of it?
Here's what it looks like
space-station-fulllbleed.jpg

Unfortunately I am a quite Pro Space travel person but the limitation of Human Bodies are such great that Humans with present technology just cannot travel in Space more then few months.

It is quite well explained item in Scientific community.

The International Space station observers tend to "Rotate the crew" on regular basis so people are exposed to prelonged durations to Space Radiation (Coming from Stars) all over the Universe.

Presently there are 3 main Items that I to my understanding and research that make me conclude Human Travel is not possible in 100-600 Years time. This won't happen in my life

1- Radiation Threat once we go outide of the Magnetic field of protection of Earth , our own Solar radation do us harm as soon as we travel outside of our planet's orbit

2- Bone Density Loss (Can be recoverable with changed diet once back on earth) / Eye sight loss (permenent loss)

3- Effect of Gravity or lack fo it on the fluid Dynamics in our bodies perfected by Evolution over Thousands of years
The fluids do not work normally in space (i.e The blood flow changes once we are in space)

Plus there are quite a few challenges to concieving in space as well

However we can Enjoy Space from Earth

a) Construction of Space Observatories on Mountain Peaks
b) Science Jobs for Scientist to work in these Observatories to grow knowledge in sector
c) Project Similar to Hubble as we have so much to observe and research (Must Have)
d) Rockets for Sattelite & Travel to Moon distance are reasonable goals with Existing Missile
Technology we have

4941025.jpg

The Earth's Megnetic field is the reason life exists on planet earth as much of radiation is deflected back into space , this level of protection does not exist for people who dare to travel out of this sphere of Protection by All mighty

Last edited:
checked both the sites.
SUPARCO seems stuck in internet 1.0 with the hovers and the design.
ISRO is only slightly better. still a 90's or early 2000's design. check out any page on ISRO, there is a misplaced "Home" link (thats under the top nav bar). (there is a css load error too).

@AZADPAKISTAN2009 a space agency does not need to target human space travel. you can being with short, reasonable and profitable goals - like resource management (satellite tracking of resources like water, vegetation etc), weather tracking, communication

Yes 100% True but our status presently is people don't have water , hospital or enough food and inflation is to the roof so really about Priority

• If I had a 3 billion USD to spend , I would likely be spending 100 Million on Space Observatories nation Wide
  • 2.8 Billion would be spent on Hospitals

Completely agree Space Settelite Development and release is a Experience worth having, not a must presently nice to have

• But having project like Hubble & Space Observatories would be ideal for Pakistan for 10-15 years, if needed buy one from NASA
  • May be development of Rocket for Space Outreach is nice to have

Priority should be on Trade , Economy , Hospitals and Recycling plants

Achiveable goals:
> Radio Observatories just few in country
> Space Observatories must have professional quality 10 Nation Wide
> A Hubble Like Project for Observing Space, allow Scientist to Enhance their knowledge
> Collaboration with International Partners

hubble_earth_sp01.jpg

Something like this can be developed in Pakistan and then launched with Partner Space Agencies and can keep the scientific community in Pakistan Engaged

Last but not least , while it is depressing that we can't travel in Space in space ships for next 500-600 years but it is kinda nice to know that our planet earth & its solar system as a whole travels across the space as a unit and Earth is our Spaceship on which we have every Thing we need , so in essence we are already travelling in our best spaceship ever crafted by nature

Last edited:
  • If I had a 3 billion USD to spend , I would likely be spending 100 Million on Space Observatories nation Wide
100 Millions kha jata ? hisaab dow baki 100 Millions ka, Sub ki Tarah tum bhi ham awam ko chona lagata wo tho shukar hay k mene rangay hathon pakar lia

100 Millions kha jata ? hisaab dow baki 100 Millions ka, Sub ki Tarah tum bhi ham awam ko chona lagata wo tho shukar hay k mene rangay hathon pakar lia

I propose a Sales Tax increase for Awam specially the low Tax paying regions of Pakistan

checked both the sites.
SUPARCO seems stuck in internet 1.0 with the hovers and the design.
ISRO is only slightly better. still a 90's or early 2000's design. check out any page on ISRO, there is a misplaced "Home" link (thats under the top nav bar). (there is a css load error too).

@AZADPAKISTAN2009 a space agency does not need to target human space travel. you can being with short, reasonable and profitable goals - like resource management (satellite tracking of resources like water, vegetation etc), weather tracking, communication
The home button is purposely put there under the NAV bar in the pages, so as to maintain the consistency of the link in the nav bar. Not all website designers put HOME in nav bar, its a cliche. Can you point me to the specific CSS error that you're are getting?

I think the first move should be made is giving autonomy to SUPARCO. Disconnect it from Pak Army. Funding is not really the issue for suparco. It's the leadership. It should be headed by a Scientist who has atleast a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering or Scientist with doctoral in Space science and Technology. Good luck!

isro website is not that great... its like any govt website..

Yes 100% True but our status presently is people don't have water , hospital or enough food and inflation is to the roof so really about Priority

It appears 100 million went into your pocket.

I think the first move should be made is giving autonomy to SUPARCO. Disconnect it from Pak Army. Funding is not really the issue for suparco. It's the leadership. It should be headed by a Scientist who has atleast a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering or Scientist with doctoral in Space science and Technology. Good luck!
Administrators of SUPARCO[edit]
Number Name Term Started Term Ended Alma Mater Field(s) Educational Background
1 Dr Abdus Salam 1961 1967 Imperial College Theoretical Physics Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
2 Air Commodore Dr Władysław Turowicz 1967 1979 Warsaw University of Technology Aeronautical Engineering Ph.D
3 Air Commodore K. M. Ahmad 1979 1980 Pakistan Air Force Academy Flight Instructor Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI)
4 Dr Salim Mehmud 1980 1989 Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Educationand Oak Ridge National Laboratory Nuclear Engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Electronics engineering Ph.D
5 Dr M. Shafi Ahmad 1989 1990 University of London Astronomy Ph.D
6 Engr. Sikandar Zaman 1990 1997 University of Leeds Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
7 Dr Abdul Majid 1997 2001 University of Wales Astrophysics Ph.D
8 Major General Raza Hussain 2001 2010 Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Electrical Engineering B.S.
9 Major General Ahmed Bilal 2010 Present Pakistan Army Corps of Signals Engineering Computer Engineering Master of Science(M.S)

the real problem is priority
we dont need a very adanced space programme
what we have is fine and we are developing it
why re-invent the wheel and do things people have already done
perhaps when we will have more show off money

Wrong Comparison .

India is a big nation with a huge population. If we hadnt developed our space capabilities , we would have been spending billions. Yes Billions to import services from others. For communication , for GPS , for Navigation, for weather (monsoon) forecasting, mapping, education services to villages , etc etc etc

Pakistan does not has that compulsion. It should better concentrate its resources on education and Power sector at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom