What's new

How PTI vs Doraemon made us Lose faith in Pak Politics

The Hindi movies we watched growing up and the current ones were always a mixture of hindi and Urdu, Urdu always being used considerably more as they also targeted Pakistani audiences(For example pakistan also did the same while making Waar). These cartoons,anime dubs and indian dramas contain much more hindi as they arent meant to target pakistani audiences, which leaves our kids stupid.

The doraemon cartoon has mostly URDU and only one or two words of Sanskrit nothing wrong here. and NO even Pakistani kids are watching Indian Hindi movies and listening to Hindi songs.

Yes please do go back, i have been mentioning the word Sundar from my very first post(ofcourse i am no regular with these cartoons otherwise i would have given more solid examples) and despite that you chose to nitpick and make a flawed stance. Going back to my very first post i also mentioned that "If you want your kids learning these words" so be it but most Pakistani parents wont allow that and that is exactly why PEMRA had banned a lot of Hindi dubbed programs including an entire channel Cartoon Network. If you don't have any issues with this kind of language then that is your personal choice but the majority thinks otherwise.

I am watching cartoon network just now while typing and the Indian cartoon Arjun is being shown right now so why PTI clown did not ask for banning Indian cartoons and only went after a Japanese Cartoon?

And oh BTW you are nitpicking not me. What is wrong with word sundar? and how can you say most parents wont allow Doraemon?

and oh please just watch Cartoon network they are now showing two semi nude young girls in an Indian kids' show.

Yes please do go back, i have been mentioning the word Sundar from my very first post(ofcourse i am no regular with these cartoons otherwise i would have given more solid examples) and despite that you chose to nitpick and make a flawed stance. Going back to my very first post i also mentioned that "If you want your kids learning these words" so be it but most Pakistani parents wont allow that and that is exactly why PEMRA had banned a lot of Hindi dubbed programs including an entire channel Cartoon Network. If you don't have any issues with this kind of language then that is your personal choice but the majority thinks otherwise.

oh wait you posted this earlier please read

So you want your children to say--------Pita jee kahan hain, Maan tu kia kehti hay, ajj kia sundari chookri dekhi may nay, Uski chumi lenay ko dil kur raha tha(As Jhnony Bravo used to say:Chuma tu deti ja Sundari), 2005 may bhookum aya tha, Pakistan kay pass paramano bumb hay lol [USER=171410]@The Sandman[/USER] Your views please.

Chinese cartoon's ? Ugly characters? :lol:
Maybe the sod has never heard about Mogli which was dubbed in Hindi and aired on DD National.
Chaddi pahan k phool khila hain :P------
Imo its a commendable step taken by pti--- btw which kid in his right mind would like to watch this ridiculously boring doremon-----
in our time we the lucky ones had the opportunity to experience tomcat tom n Jerry superman pope eye the spinach man :D and after every episode we used to learn some thing productive----

So you want your children to say--------Pita jee kahan hain, Maan tu kia kehti hay, ajj kia sundari chookri dekhi may nay, Uski chumi lenay ko dil kur raha tha(As Jhnony Bravo used to say:Chuma tu deti ja Sundari), 2005 may bhookum aya tha, Pakistan kay pass paramano bumb hay lol @The Sandman Your views please.
:rofl:

Edit: Have you ever watched the Punjabi dubbed superman :D

Damn poor kids,I grew up watching Cartoons like Megas XLR ,Samurai Jack.
If-you-Grew-Up-With-Samurai-Jack_o_105269.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about ..Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am watching cartoon network just now while typing and the Indian cartoon Arjun is being shown right now so why PTI clown did not ask for banning Indian cartoons and only went after a Japanese Cartoon?

And oh BTW you are nitpicking not me. What is wrong with word sundar? and how can you say most parents wont allow Doraemon?

and oh please just watch Cartoon network they are now showing two semi nude young girls in an Indian kids' show.

oh wait you posted this earlier please read
Yes if you cannot see the SUNDAR word in it then don't blame me. At first you blatantly denied that such words don't exist in Doremon and now you are taking a stand to defend these words when shown the proof. Wait here's how this went
He does not do so

BTW what hindi words your nephew uses now? and in my personal opinion nothing wrong in learning hindi also
To which my reply was.
He used the word Sundar, Supna, Pita jee and perhaps a few more which i don't recall. While learning one or two word isn't bad but its the expressions they use in Hindi which dont comport with our society like he developed the habit of saying "Abhey Oye Tu". He also watches one progame in which that lead character monkey talks and develops gadgets, it seems like an Indian attempt to copy Doremon and they use way more disgusting lingo/expressions in that show. I am of the opinion that ban all Hindi dubbed shows unless they follow certain parameters.
To which you said
All the words you have mentioned is not spoken in Doraemon even in dubbed one. So i would suggest that all these paranoid PTI MP and others should first find out which cartoon they want to ban on this pretext because Doraemon dose not contain this language.

And then i gave you a video proof and now you are trying to legitimatize the use of these words as fair and innocuous.
As far as me saying that "most people want this" then we have our very own defence. pk as a medium where your are the only one trying to justify hindi being taught to children.
Here are some links for you, but i know for a fact that you still wont be satisfied.
http://aaj.tv/2016/05/pemra-calls-for-ban-on-hindi-dubbed-cartoons/
http://tribune.com.pk/story/865683/language-issue-ajk-district-bans-channels-dubbed-in-hindi/
http://www.newspakistan.tv/no-hindi-dubbed-cartoons-pakistan-pemra/
http://trending.pk/2016/05/no-more-hindi-dubbed-cartoons-pemra-takes-action/

BTW Doremon is still not as bad as others i did say this before and yes they need to ban all other Hindi content before banning Doremon, targeting Doremon alone seems kind of lame, i don't live in KPK so i have no idea what the PTI ans are up-to but sometimes when people are high on an agenda they choke the reasoning out of their brains, especially if they are in politics.

Chaddi pahan k phool khila hain :P------
Imo its a commendable step taken by pti--- btw which kid in his right mind would like to watch this ridiculously boring doremon-----
in our time we the lucky ones had the opportunity to experience tomcat tom n Jerry superman pope eye the spinach man :D and after every episode we used to learn some thing productive----

:rofl:

Edit: Have you ever watched the Punjabi dubbed superman :D
Nah if you have a link do share.

Last edited:
Sundar, Supna, Pita jee,Bhookum, Sundar, Shaant, Soorakshat

What are the Urdu equivalents to these words??

Language of Mughals was Urdu .. makes so much sense
no languge fo mughals was persian .............. it was their army who first used urdu because it had turkish speakers, persian speakers, and many many other and mixing them resulted into Urdu

To all who quote me!
What I learn to read all replies the main point is language use in it, I only watched Doraemon in Japanese and never find any object able word in it may be few slangs which kids used in any culture or language. It's more like dubbing issue to me watching in Pakistan, can't understand why they using Hindi words instead of Urdu language. Here is few tips for a kid to learn from this cartoon.

One of the world’s most enduring cartoon heroes, Doraemon has graced television screens on and off since 1973 and is still loved by audiences today. Some parents are probably more familiar with the story than their children are and will know that despite being very entertaining, Doraemon also has many lessons which children can learn. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane and remember some of the life lessons we learned from Doraemon which hopefully can be carried on by our children.

1. Value friendship

Who wouldn’t want to be friends with Doraemon? This cute and friendly robotic cat from the future with his magical pouch of gadgets is always ready to help his best friend Nobita and gang whenever they are in need. Often the gadgets Doraemon gives Nobita are misused, which causes Nobita to get into more trouble, but Doraemon is always ready to bail his best friend out of strife, with some advice to make sure he has learned his lesson.

2. Discipline is the key to success

Nobita, Doraemon’s owner, is a child who is known to be lazy and doesn’t perform well at school. Because of this, he is often taunted by his friends, Suneo and Giant (Genta). When Doraemon enters Nobita’s life and teaches Nobita how to use his magical gadgets, Nobita becomes even lazier than before. But this isn’t long lived because in the end, Nobita learns that there is no easy way or special gadget to success, it all comes down to self discipline.

3. How to overcome personal challenges

In every episode, Doraemon’s friends learn more about themselves and become better people. Often the reason Doraemon’s friends are being mean to others is to mask something that is upsetting for them. Giant is characterised as being a bully, always using his strength and big stature to intimidate people, but what he realises is that really he is afraid of his mother. Giant’s wingman on the other hand, the spoiled Suneo, goes out of his way to ensure Nobita is jealous of his cool toys. We find later that beneath the nasty exterior, Suneo is timid and frightened, always hiding behind Giant’s strength. When watching the movie with your child, ask them to discuss the different characters of Nobita’s friends, and tell them which are acceptable and which are not.

4. Never stop dreaming

Doraemon pulls many fantastic gadgets out of his magical pouch, and their function tends to not make very much sense, but they serve to inspire imagination. Doraemon’s creator Fujiko F. Fujio once stated that his stories are meant to expand a child’s imagination. Many of Doraemon’s adventures are based around dreams and imagination, which will inspire you to dream big too.

5. Learn about other cultures

As the story is set in one of Japan’s outer city suburbs, we are able to learn about a new culture which is different to ours. We learn the polite way in which Japanese people must remove their shoes when entering the house. A typical Japanese home rarely has a couch or sofa and Japanese people traditionally prefer to relax by sitting on a mat on the floor. Thanks to Doraemon’s penchant for eating it, the traditional Japanese cake Dorayaki has made its way into many cake shops in Indonesia.

Doraemon has a special place in everyone’s heart, and many Japanese critics are saying that this movie is a realtear jerker and brings back old memories. So stock up on some tissues when you buy the popcorn and enjoy “Stand by Me Doraemon” at a Cinemaxx Theater near you.

even if you were quick to jump to keyboard before making the reply you should have read at least the first two lines of the article which clearly stated the cartoons are japanese. you wouldn't have even needed to put "?" mark after that

more over even the links even said nothing about china.its just a usual brain fart from your side
Jeez!
Z07aDp.png

2UeBdkB.png

3yL3m02.png

Help yourself with this beauty!

:omghaha:
it was brought by Mughals who were central Asians

Urdu, like Hindi, is a form of Hindustani.[13] It evolved from the medieval (6th to 13th century) Apabhraṃśa register of the preceding Shauraseni language, a Middle Indo-Aryan language that is also the ancestor of other modern languages, including the Punjabi dialects. Urdu developed under the influence of the Persian and Arabic languages, both of which have contributed a significant amount of vocabulary to formal speech.[14][15][16][17][18][19] Around 99% of Urdu verbs have their roots in Sanskrit and Prakrit.[20]

View attachment 322984

LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf on Wednesday submitted a resolution in the Punjab Assembly calling for a ban on popular Japanese manga and anime series Doraemon.

The resolution urges Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) to ban cartoon channels in general, and Doraemon in particular. Submitted by PTI lawmaker Malik Taimoor, the resolution also suggests limiting the hours of cartoon channels.

It is not clear from the resolution what PTI's beef with Doraemon is, but it said channels exclusive to cartoons were having a harmful impact on children.

"Cartoon channels on 24 hours are having a negative impact on the educational and physical well-being of children," read the resolution, which is likely to be discussed in the next assembly session.

Without giving any details, the resolution said: "The language that is used in the cartoons is destroying our societal norms."

Soon after the passing of the resolution, #PTIvsDoraemon became the top trend on Twitter in Pakistan.

Doraemon's plot revolves around a robotic cat named Doraemon, who travels back in time from the 22nd century to aid a pre-teen boy named Nobita.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1275117/pti-wants-japanese-cartoon-series-doraemon-banned
-------------------
:hitwall: nothing else but :hitwall:
Their is one major problem with Doremon that is dubbed by Indians so mainly has Indian culture in mind.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom