What's new

How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

FaujHistorian said: ↑
IN Pakistan we have Karachi as a prime example where primary and secondary education + College is pretty high.
FIne, Than extend that to all part of Pakistan. If you do not visualize results today, you will definitely realize it tomorrow. DO not disappoint.
And Chinese education is no where near India. That is why international community do not see Chinese professional with such a hig

For prosperous economy in a large country, really a lot of things have to work well. HariPrasad talked about Primary education, which is very important and makes great sense but there are large number of other factors which also have to be considered when we think about an optimal plan towards development of any large country. Some of these things are extremely important, if they go wrong, other factors really may not work. And good primary and higher education, as HariPrasad suggested is one of those things that must not go wrong. Otherwise, every other right thing may not work.

For prosperous economy in a large country, really a lot of things have to work well. HariPrasad talked about Primary education, which is very important and makes great sense but there are large number of other factors which also have to be considered when we think about an optimal plan towards development of any large country.

Pl read my post once again. I said If I can do only one thing than I will improve primary and secondary education. You rightly said that Other things are also very important.

I listen to Hamid Gul, Your Ex ISI chief and General Kiyani.

Unfortunately both do not know anything about economic policies.
Hamid Gul was relevant in Afghan war when Pakistan was under severe threat from USSR. I think ISI became too euphoric and started thinking they can defeat anyone anywhere. When you plan an operation against any country, two things must be considered.
1. Is it right and in the broader interest of your country to start covert operation like this? Answer to this question requires real wisdom because there are ramifications to such things, we can always fail to see. This question is usually best answered by following norms of good human behavior.
2. Can you even possibly win? If this second question has a negative answer, you are going to commit suicide.

Both this questions have to be very carefully asked and analyzed. Our emotions have a tendency to affect our decisions and this is where everything goes wrong.

I got his angle right about China. You need not worry too much. Rest of the things he mentioned are actually right.

To Clarify something to most Pakistanis here. He talked about secularism which I did not bother to remove. As far as religious minorities are concerned, in Pakistan, we must never impose Muslim laws on them and treat them with great respect. This is the message of both Islam and secularism.

For the rest, since we are Muslims, I have no problems with a ceremonial state religion. But we should not let religion interfere with workings of people or impose it on them in any way. My stance.
Thats not practical if our religion was just a religion like their Hinduism then we could be that but Islam is called System a complete way of life who has better or practical economic/social and judicial system in an entire package of Islam besides Roza, Namaz etc.

Pl read my post once again. I said If I can do only one thing than I will improve primary and secondary education. You rightly said that Other things are also very

I agree, at least everyone will be able to make right decisions through rest of their lives.

Pakistani society is divided into two extremes on this matter (like many other issues). One side hates the West unreasonably, while the other is unreasonably sycophantic.

We need to develop a healthy attitude towards the West: the West is neither diabolical, nor angelic, and western society has its (many) virtues as well as its faults. The West presents a huge source of revenue and technical help, but we should never compromise our national interests.

Both China and India have good relations with the West, but both countries stand firm when their national interests are involved. Look at the ongoing Indian reaction to the NYPD incident; the whole country is solidly united, as they were in the Italian marines' affair.
That reason doesnt fly.

We are whatever you say in your last paragraph.

Yet we are no economic force/tiger in the region. Yes, we have done better than Pakistan. But in absloute terms we are barely managing by(considering population growth as well).

So..what gives?

Last edited:
I really suggest Pakistani and Indian Army should have regular/weekly tea meetings/parties of soldiers deployed on both sides of the border. They will get to know/respect each other and there will be far less chances of skirmishes and exchange of fire.
Let me summerize u in three words.....Joint Military Exercises.

I agree, at least everyone will be able to make right decisions through rest of their lives.

It has lots of other positive impacts. It will bring in batter understanding between people and make co existance easy. You will get respect from international community. It will increase the soft power of your country. Your economy will improve and disposable income of people will increase. Once the economy improves, automatically fundamentalism gets weak and the list goes on and on and on.....

Pakistani society is divided into two extremes on this matter (like many other issues). One side hates the West unreasonably, while the other is unreasonably sycophantic.

We need to develop a healthy attitude towards the West: the West is neither diabolical, nor angelic, and western society has its (many) virtues as well as its faults. The West presents a huge source of revenue and technical help, but we should never compromise our national interests.

Both China and India have good relations with the West, but both countries stand firm when their national interests are involved. Look at the ongoing Indian reaction to the NYPD incident; the whole country is solidly united, as they were in the Italian marines' affair.

Please give your estimate in terms of street power and numbers of one extreme

and see if the other extreme has the same $hit up the whole nation.

you gotta be fair and balanced (Fox TV style :lol:)

Let me summerize u in three words.....Joint Military Exercises.
There is no sense in any joint Military Exercises in near future, as I see. You must not reveal any military strategy to the other party. But please show your humanity to them. Killing some soldiers in exchange of fire does not help anyone at all. It does not help Pakistan, or India. It just shows that soldiers across LOC are truly charged against each other and like to fire randomly. There really has to be no fight at all, unless there is a fair and just purpose for it.

Last edited:
List is Huge, but i would highlight Top three problems which Pakistan needs to get rid of;

1) Corruption
2) Security issue
3) Remove Social Separations, and Unite under one banner

Top Three Steps to Improve things.

1) Work on becoming independent from foreign support, be it imports or AID, Like Sweden & Denmark are working on, this may including steps in industry, green energy for local use, and so o on..
2) Improve Education System, by bringing up Education reforms, kicking out old British System and adopt new Education Practices, which concentrate on Knowledge rather then Information & Scoring.
3) Make some brilliant Master Pieces which force others to start taking Pakistani Seriously. Like Motorway linking Kashghar-Gawadar-Karachi-Quetta-Turkimanistan, Gas/Petrol Pipelines, May be Space Tower, Next Generation Cities..

You want to say a model like Turkey? or in other words secular state?
I think using word 'Islamism' is bit vague and stereotypical.

secularim is a curse word for many Pakistanis who do not understand what it really means.

I don't care if you use the terms like secularism or UN-secularism to say that we the Pakistanis must be nice to each other and be good global citizens, and not be emotional wrecks when it comes to Islam.

Islam will stay forever. It is Allah's promise

We don't need to kill non-Muslims, Shias, Ahmadis in our country just to say we are helping Islam.

We are not.

There is no sense in any joint Military Exercises in near future, as I see. You must not reveal any military strategy to the other party. But please show your humanity to them. Killing some soldiers in exchange of fire does not help anyone at all. It does not help Pakistan, or India. It just shows that soldiers across LOC are truly charged against each other and like to fire randomly. There really has to be no fight at all, unless there is a fair and just purpose for it.
Actually Most of our tactics and Strategies r known to the Indian Army and we know theirs......Indians have JMEs with Chinese Army on regular basis. So we can have on the lower levels.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom