What's new

How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

Could you please also enlighten how many people are coming out of poverty in India? Mr. Haq, your inability to state all statistics for the case are numbing. Also, your not differentiating social and economic issues and linking both to a political solution is interesting, but unfortunately not a viable solution. The bottom line is sound economic policies backed by social empowerment works. Whether it is authoritarian or democracy or communism.

As for your concern on 'human cost' in a democracy vis a vis authoritarian regimes? Just go through the figures and you will realise the cost. The numbers you state are being worked on. Post 1990 how many people have come out of the trap. Care to enlighten this audience. It will be almost equal to the entire population of your country. So please spare me the lecture on world's largest.

As China's share of the world's extreme poor (living below $1.25 per day per person level) has dramatically declined, India's share has significantly increased. India now contributes 33% (up from 22 % in 1981). While the extreme poor in Sub-Saharan Africa represented only 11 percent of the world’s total in 1981, they now account for 34% of the world’s extreme poor, and China comes next contributing 13 percent (down from 43 percent in 1981), according to the World Bank report titled State of the Poor.

World+Share+of+Poverty.jpg

Haq's Musings: India's Share of World's Poorest Jumped From 22% to 33% in 30 Years!

may be at post secondary level.

Early education should kick out Mullahs and their narrow view of the world.

Decency, and morality as to how to treat fellow human being, how to keep your street and your home clean is something we can teach and train without ever mentioning a single sect or a single religion.

It is time we go Chinese

It is time we kick out religious mumbo jumbo from our culture

Religious mumbo jumbo that is tearing our society apart.

Religion is now a deadly poison for Pakistan

But as a poison junky, as a heroin addict

We keep on asking for more poison, more religion, more heroin

no wonder we go deeper and deeper into $hit, death and destruction.

no forking wonder.

why not leave if you are dissatisfied?, have you done a referendum to find out what people want?, judging by the mood of the people they want shariah.

@RiazHaq bhai

It is kind $tupid to play "could have would have games".

Why not talk about will be and can be scenarios. you have enough knowledge and stats to support that kind of thinking.

Thank you

p.s. I opened this thread to avoid the negative discussions about the past when in reality we should learn from the past and talk about the future.
Pakistan Could Have Become an Asian Tiger By Now

Pakistan can become an economic force, but it requires political stability and not a single bomb blast. Even if a single bomb blasts happens, Investors will go out of Pakistan.
1) As we know, God has given Pakistan geographically strategic location between West Asia, Central Asia and South Asia. If Pakistan utilises, only its strategic location, by building a world class Gwadar Port and by convincing China to use Gwadar Port for Chinese Exports & Imports through Karakorum Highway, this only will make sure that Pakistani Economy grows by atleast 5%-6%.
2) If Paksitan succeeds in generating atleast 10,000 MW of Electricity using its Thar Coal, and if there is no load shedding of Gas & Electricity in Pakistan, Pakistani exports will increase very quickly and the GDP growth can touch 7%-8%.
3) Education, Education and Education. Skill Development of Youth, after completing their Education is necessary.100% Literacy or atleast 90% Literacy Rate is must.
4) Strong Anti Corruption Laws should be made so that Corrupt Officials do not dare to indulge in Corruption. All the government Procedures should be done in "Fast & Transparent" manner.
5) For the above Plans & Projects, Law & Order Situation must be favourable.....i.e., Not a single bomb blast should be allowed to happen.
Terrorists are getting money from Saudi , to spread their Wahabi Ideology in Pakistan. After getting
money, getting machine guns, RPGs etc., is not a problem for Wahabi Terrorists... So , Any Money from any Gulf Country should not reach the hands of Terrorists.

6) Every foreign investor first of all, sees this, before investing his money in a foreign country.
Whether the domestic Investors of that country are investing their money in that particular country or not ??? If domestic investors only, are afraid from investing in their own country, and even the domestic investors are not investing in their own country, then any foreign investor will never invest in that country. This is the same situation with Pakistan....

Pakistani businessmen are not ready to invest in Pakistan, they themselves are going out of Pakistan and investing in Bangladesh, Srilanka, etc.. Then, How & Why Chinese Investors, who are atleast clever than Pakistani businessmen, will invest in Pakistan ??? First Domestic Investors have to start investing in Pakistan. Unless and Until, 24-hour Uninterrupted Gas Supply is not provided, 24-hour Uninterrupted Electricity Supply is not provided, and Daily Bomb Blasts are not stopped Completely, Till then , No foreign Investor, and not even Chinese Investor will come in Pakistan... Even if , Chinese are the friends of Pakistan, Chinese Investers will not come & invest in Pakistan, when their lives are in Risk & Danger....

Also, If Pakistan government does not get any transit fees for transport of Chinese goods, then Gwadar to Kashgar Economic Corridor is a waste for Pakistan. Like Pakistan allowed transport of Nato Containers from Karachi to Chaman ( or Khyber Pass ) Corridor, without charging any transit fees from US, Pakistan got nothing for allowing the transport of Nato Containers. If Pakistan allows China also, to transport its goods from Gwadar to Kashgar Economic Corridor without taking any transit fees, in the name of all weather friendship, then , Gwadar to Kashgar Economic Corridor will also be a waste.

Last edited:
its simple..put all the looters, smugglesrs and coorks aka politicians, bureaucrats and geenrals in aboat and sink it in the middle of the indian ocean....

Easier said than done.

Altaf Mota chor got caught with his pants down and 400, forking, thousands British pounds cash.

How many in my city of Karachi are clamoring to hang him?

how many?

why not leave if you are dissatisfied?, have you done a referendum to find out what people want?, judging by the mood of the people they want shariah.

If there are 1000 people doing durgs in the name of Islam
killing while high
suicide boming

Calling terrorists as shaheed in the name of Sharia

Then I should run away from the Mullahs.

Is that what you say my dear dear dear gilli?

Is that what you would do if someone is trying to burn down your country in the hame of of Wahabi Sharia or Ayatullah Sharia

Would you run away with tails in the hind quarters?

Please enlighten me

Thank you

As China's share of the world's extreme poor (living below $1.25 per day per person level) has dramatically declined, India's share has significantly increased. India now contributes 33% (up from 22 % in 1981). While the extreme poor in Sub-Saharan Africa represented only 11 percent of the world’s total in 1981, they now account for 34% of the world’s extreme poor, and China comes next contributing 13 percent (down from 43 percent in 1981), according to the World Bank report titled State of the Poor.

World+Share+of+Poverty.jpg

Haq's Musings: India's Share of World's Poorest Jumped From 22% to 33% in 30 Years!

Like I said, inability to share all statistics. Total number of poor rising up in India. 100 MN+. Its called development, unfortunately something you have no idea of how it works :)

Easier said than done.

Altaf Mota chor got caught with his pants down and 400, forking, thousands British pounds cash.

How many in my city of Karachi are clamoring to hang him?

how many?

If there are 1000 people doing durgs in the name of Islam
killing while high
suicide boming

Calling terrorists as shaheed in the name of Sharia

Then I should run away from the Mullahs.

Is that what you say my dear dear dear gilli?

Is that what you would do if someone is trying to burn down your country in the hame of of Wahabi Sharia or Ayatullah Sharia

Would you run away with tails in the hind quarters?

Please enlighten me

Thank you

I was just merely pointing out that it is the choice of the majority public what they want be secularism or Islam.

I pointed out to you that majority of the peoples demand is shariah system, if 75 percent want that then be it, if they want to burn the nation and are clear cut majority then it is their nation to burn.

Those in minority who don't agree with the views of majority should either put up,Shutup or walk away, simple as that.

I am not your Gilli, if you wish to address me then you can do that by addressing me as Ghilzai Sahib.

Because that will bring peace in your country which is a precondition of prosperity.

If secularism could bring peace in a country then india would have become champion of peace long time ago. Malaysia and Indonesia are religious states yet they rank among the top most peacefull countries. Saudi Arabia is another example as people also term them as extremists in their beliefs yet their economy is as good as it can get and their country is as peaceful as it can be. No offense but your theories are full of holes.

I was just merely pointing out that it is the choice of the majority public what they want be secularism or Islam.

I pointed out to you that majority of the peoples demand is shariah system, if 75 percent want that then be it, if they want to burn the nation and are clear cut majority then it is their nation to burn.

Those in minority who don't agree with the views of majority should either put up,Shutup or walk away, simple as that.

I am not your Gilli, if you wish to address me then you can do that by addressing me as Ghilzai Sahib.

hahahah

10 seats for Islamist parties with 75% fundoos.

hahahahaha

I knew Islamist throw lies at will, I mean huge lies, patheitc lies.

But 75%

hahahahah

And then you say you need to called as SIr.

Quit supporting terrorists and Islamists and you will earn respect.

Thank you

Saudi Arabia is another example as people also term them as extremists in their beliefs yet their economy is as good as it can get and t.

"Saudi ARabia belief system" minus oil = Yemen, Afghanistan or Somalia.

Please think it through before giving strange and weird examples.

Thank you

hahahah

10 seats for Islamist parties with 75% fundoos.

hahahahaha

I knew Islamist throw lies at will, I mean huge lies, patheitc lies.

But 75%

hahahahah

And then you say you need to called as SIr.

Quit supporting terrorists and Islamists and you will earn respect.

Thank you

"Saudi ARabia belief system" minus oil = Yemen, Afghanistan or Somalia.

Please think it through before giving strange and weird examples.

Thank you
I said if, read my post again.

I said if, read my post again.

Your "if" means different there.

But if you are unsure then

I can tell you Pakistanis do not want Religious mafiosos to come rule us

Thus no Islamism.

No wonder Religious parties are now resorting to terrorism as they know they cannot win in election.

Your "if" means different there.

But if you are unsure then

I can tell you Pakistanis do not want Religious mafiosos to come rule us

Thus no Islamism.

No wonder Religious parties are now resorting to terrorism as they know they cannot win in election.

Read below that should tell you what people think.

More Pakistani youth would prefer Islamic law or military rule than democracy, a survey suggests.

More than half of 5,000 18-29 year-old Pakistanis polled said democracy had not been good for them or the country.

Some 94% said Pakistan was going in the wrong direction, up from 50% in 2007, the British Council survey found.

Almost a third of registered voters in Pakistan are under 30 years old, and are expected to play a big part in a general election due in May.

When asked to pick the best political system, both Sharia and military rule were favoured over democracy.

The survey points towards a pessimistic generation, disenchanted with democracy after five years of civilian rule, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.

Most of those surveyed had more faith in the army than any other institution.

Approval ratings for the military were about 70% compared with just 13% for the government.

A quarter of respondents said they had been directly affected by violence, or had witnessed a serious violent event.

That figure rose to more than 60% in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.

The greatest concern for most was rising prices, not terrorism: Almost 70% said they were worse off now than five years ago.

While many young people are registered to vote, less than half of those surveyed said they were certain they would do so.
BBC News - Pakistani youth 'cool on democracy'

Read below that should tell you what people think.

More Pakistani youth would prefer Islamic law or military rule than democracy, a survey suggests.

More than half of 5,000 18-29 year-old Pakistanis polled said democracy had not been good for them or the country.

Some 94% said Pakistan was going in the wrong direction, up from 50% in 2007, the British Council survey found.

Almost a third of registered voters in Pakistan are under 30 years old, and are expected to play a big part in a general election due in May.

When asked to pick the best political system, both Sharia and military rule were favoured over democracy.

The survey points towards a pessimistic generation, disenchanted with democracy after five years of civilian rule, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.

Most of those surveyed had more faith in the army than any other institution.

Approval ratings for the military were about 70% compared with just 13% for the government.

A quarter of respondents said they had been directly affected by violence, or had witnessed a serious violent event.

That figure rose to more than 60% in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.

The greatest concern for most was rising prices, not terrorism: Almost 70% said they were worse off now than five years ago.

While many young people are registered to vote, less than half of those surveyed said they were certain they would do so.
BBC News - Pakistani youth 'cool on democracy'

surveys are good, polls are interesting.

How about this.

We can wait for the next election and see if Islamists win the votes.

Fair?

surveys are good, polls are interesting.

How about this.

We can wait for the next election and see if Islamists win the votes.

Fair?

Brother having a just system or asking for a just system doesn't make you an Islamist.

Just system is not what TTP can offer or for that matter anyone else who has blood on their hands, but that doesn't mean we can't have a tolerant sharia system implemented by the public rather then some group.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom