What's new

How much money is enough for you?

dollar pai jaan
hahaha better omani rial
By saving enough money to buy two 1 kanal plots, each worth 30-40 lac. Those plots will one day be worth at least 1.5 crore each. When that happens sell one of them and build a 1 kanal house on the other. It takes at least 1.5 crore to build a somewhat decent 1 kanal house.

My father bought 1 kanal files in DHA for 6-8 lac each and Masallah now they are all worth more than 2 crore.

Congrats on buying that 16 marla house. May Allah bless you and your family with more.
hmmm we are doing good with property
but not in pakistan
my dad just hate buying plots i don’t know why

All i claim is to know less than you
“I have same opinion about you”

Elsidd ,My bad english,
In reality I wanted to convey this,

“Looks like you want to combined the laskhar of Fir’oun and Qaroon at PDF so that we may identify them”
*Rephrased

$ 1 million is sufficient for my next 40 years. Use half of the amount to establish passive income sources. And start moving around the world with the remaining half. When the second half ends (will hopefull take atleast 10 years to end) by that time I will have lots of Passive income stored for past 10 years. I will start using that for my adventures.

Whenever I decide to settle down. I can. And I won't have to worry about income for expenses because (even though I have no hard cash on me anymore but) I still have passive income sources (like markets, shopping plaza, shops, houses put on rent etc).

I don't think so. $ 1 million is only £730 K. You cannot buy a decent house in this money in the Suburbs of London.
Paper money is worthless.

True, look for gold.

The kind found by your bosses in PMLN. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

So the conclusion is having $20K per month in Pakistan can be enough to make me happy and give me financial freedom.

I want RTX 3090 :argh:

A friend of mine managed to get his hands on one. It’s one hell of a beefy card.

Basically the Count Vlad Țepeș Dracula of GPU’s

8CD298D3-5D08-4EFB-AC07-075A2FB307F8.jpeg

It all depends on what one wants out of life. If it is a family with kids then be prepared for lot of expenses and a family-oriented life. Many in my Goray social circle in America never chose kids and, without exception, there is not ONE family of those who have kids are not in one way or another 'broken': Kids from multiple marriages, kids themselves single parents, kids who are 'running around' ruining their parents' lives, kids who have become lifelong headaches/leeches...

Luckily for me and my Gori wife, we chose not to have kids. Don't be harsh on me! It would be irresponsible to have them without having solid finances in place and for that kind of money we would have to really kill a lot of fun out of life.

As for the money we need-- we combined make about 5 times our needs. No kids. No debts. We live frugally: A modest small house in 'the country'. My vehicle is 12 year old; hers is 13 year old. But they are well maintained, reliable Toyotas. Actually, both are Toyota Yaris and both are the same color! Twins! Speaking of frugally, we try not to spend more than $100-120/night on hotels, we go cruises pretty cheaply, we never eat 'fancy food', we mostly eat at home or share food when out, we don't buy expensive clothes... But we have helped relatives from both sides a lot to our own financial detriment. We tip to the wait staff and cruise/hotel staff very generously. We think, having with blessed by our situation, it is good to 'spread the wealth around' a bit.

In short, we live a modest life. It is not perfect because my greatest dream was to be able to travel the world but seems like a pipedream for now, for personal reasons. But, if we stay healthy and modest in our lifestyle, it should be considered a good life.

To specifically answer the OP question: We could live off only $25,000/year income in our circumstances. America is quite cheap in rural areas! We earn several times more than that but we invest and we (modestly) party.

I make 1200 USD per month... Living in a decent house in Delhi, ride an electric scooter for daily commute as my office is just 3km away and well connected by metro as well.
USD 50 for charity per month...
Have no credit cards or bank loans at all.
Working since 2015 and quite satisfied with the life so far.

In Pakistan you can buy a decent 2-3 story house in $125,000.. A farm house in $150,000.

Which area of Pakistan!!
In Karachi's decent areas, a 500 sq yards house is as high as 10-15 Crores.
That is close to $605 K to 907K.
If you want I can show you plenty of houses in that range in Defence and Clifton in Karachi.

I had a 400 sq yard house in North Nazimabad Block H ages ago. I left my documents in Pakistan with someone. It was sold without my permission.

I cannot buy a house in Karachi now, it is too expensive.
I can buy a house in suburb of London easier than in Pakistan.
Not to say, I am already $ or £ millionaire. I own properties roughly worth more than £ 1.7 million.
I have also build a small but beautiful house near Jehlum in Pakistan, which I have not seen yet. lolz

It alone costed me more than $125 K to build.

Back
Top Bottom