What's new

How much money is enough for you?

5K USD per month for a content life style wherein all necessities and basic luxuries are fulfilled. Said by my post grad supervisor a long time back, held true in 5 countries!

The feeling of something being enough has seldom to do with the "thing" but rather ones own desires and greed and how one perceives life. Some people living in rural areas find a cycle enough, some bike enough and some aren't content even with private jets.

There is never any upper limit!

When will GPU prices decrease? :cray:

They were supposed to already start decreasing, but it’s not happening As forcasted unfortunately. At least here in the states.

That’s why some people who normally build their own rigs are buying pre-built machines.

They were supposed to already start decreasing, but it’s not happening As forcasted unfortunately. At least here in the states.

That’s why some people who normally build their own rigs are buying pre-built machines.
I am also thinking about buying a $1000 laptop with 1660 super or 1660 ti.

The pursuit of wealth is endless, as we all know we need to pay our bills but at the same time, we are spending way too much time and resources on our daily jobs. In all this, we forget to spend the best time of our lives (Youth) just simply pursuing wealth (career).

I'd wanted to know how much money if you had, you'd quit your day job and go out for months on camping to explore the world or at least try to work for yourself?

How much money would be enough for you to enjoy your life? Kindly only mention the amount in the United States Dollar $ as a benchmark.
sky is the limit

@HttpError money is simply a wastage of time. You can achieve many goals of life, if just ignore the fact that you have to be richer and richer. Until very recently, I was of the view that people can only be happy if they earn more. But this is not true. The more valued are family and friends.
Usually if you are living in a rented apartment, 1500/mo dollars should be suffient. For me, 40000/mo pkr is sufficient after rent and utilities.
All I want from life is the liberation of working at my projects.

Enough as in being content? In India say in metros, the average young software engineer(say 2-3 years exp) earns inr 6 lakhs per annum. That is enough if you are single and don't have much responsibilities. Once settled I believe one should aim for atleast inr 12+ lakhs per annum(especially if your wife is not working, which in this day and age is a big negative).
For me though since I'm kindof a gadget lover, gamer and invest heavily I need more towards the higher end beyond 12 even though I'm not married.

To be honest, I am not after money in my career. I am after perfection and completion of my goals. One of my goals is to make Pakistan a better and stronger country.

I think similar. Most of the money I desire would go towards arranging my political and technological goals ( meeting people over tea at tea houses and private clubs where influential people gather, funding company partnerships and technology creation etc ).

I think similar. Most of the money I desire would go towards arranging my political and technological goals ( meeting people over tea at tea houses and private clubs where influential people gather, funding company partnerships and technology creation etc ).
People gather money for children. I say, children will earn their own living. We don't need to think their share of part. Khud karaingy.

That’s a quality vid. I’m assuming the laptop res is 1080P?
Yes, I can't imagine getting a higher resolution display than 1080p in that price range. I am willing to wait for 6-8 months to see if the GPU prices will drop significantly or if I am able to buy a 2060 laptops for $1000.
Super is available for laptops? A rtx 3060 is the sweetspot for 1080p I believe.
I don't know if 1060 super is available in laptops but 1060 ti is for sure. 3060 laptops are too expensive right now. 3060 seems like an overkill for 1080p gaming. I don't think you should need anything beyond 2060 for 1080p gaming.

@HttpError money is simply a wastage of time. You can achieve many goals of life, if just ignore the fact that you have to be richer and richer. Until very recently, I was of the view that people can only be happy if they earn more. But this is not true. The more valued are family and friends.
Usually if you are living in a rented apartment, 1500/mo dollars should be suffient. For me, 40000/mo pkr is sufficient after rent and utilities.
All I want from life is the liberation of working at my projects.
As your pockets become deeper you can donate more to help people. As your pockets get deeper you can create businesses which will generate employment for people and this will result in you becoming the source of income for these people. With this you are creating more tax avenues for the state which will result in the prosperity of the state. If you earn halal money and this is how you utilize your wealth then God will surely be happy with you.

I don't know if 1060 super is available in laptops but 1060 ti is for sure. 3060 laptops are too expensive right now. 3060 seems like an overkill for 1080p gaming. I don't think you should need anything beyond 2060 for 1080p gaming.
Yes 2060 is definitely a good option. Here you would see most good 2060 laptops out of stock to sell the newer 3060 ones. Many are also going for 3050/3050ti as a more budget friendly option.

Yes, I can't imagine getting a higher resolution display than 1080p in that price range. I am willing to wait for 6-8 months to see if the GPU prices will drop significantly or if I am able to buy a 2060 laptops for $1000.

Yeah, that’s definitely a 1080P card. I have an MSI 2060, and that’s been the sweet spot for me. At least for the time being anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom