What's new

How many Indians here would support annexation of Katchatheevu island from Sri Lanka ?

Nope, first stage in improving is admission that mistakes were made.
Kashmir would been a part of Pakistan if Sardar Patel shared your happy go lucky attitude.

I am saying now there no point ....
I do not say that same should have been the response in 1948 or 1965 or 1974 ... when we could have taken back the occupied Kashmir .

No point in cribbing 'now'

Actually China is illegally ocupying other lands but the day is not far when China will pay for its hegemonic claims like Germany.
In China, Pakistan and the rest of South Asia we disagree. Its India that's the territory snatcher.

Sri Lanka is a small country, no need to annex anything from them....

Not worth it imho Nick buddy since the cons far outweigh the pros (if any).You want to safeguard the interests and lives of our Tamil brethren....then a more effective and drastic measure has to be taken but is our govt ready to take such pragmatic and outrageous measures??What do you think guys??

I am saying now there no point ....
I do not say that same should have been the response in 1948 or 1965 or 1974 ... when we could have taken back the occupied Kashmir .

No point in cribbing 'now'

The point is that we made a mistake that shouldn't be repeated again

1.15 sq km actually :P

I would also like to know what Indian members think of Azad Kashmir & Aksai Chin.

There is no compromise in Aksai Chin and Azad Kashmir.China and Pakistan are already against us ,so there is no return from the enmity
against that countries.But SriLanka is not like that.An Island country in a strategic location.They can attract US to China and EU to Pakistan towards them.And that will give a lot of headache to us.W just dont need that.

In China, Pakistan and the rest of South Asia we disagree. Its India that's the territory snatcher.
What do you mean by rest of South Asia??? Show me statements of other countries where they say that we have snatched there territories.
And China and Pakistan both being the territory snatcher will surely agree with each other.Pakistan paid the price partially in 1971 and China partially in 67 and 87 but that time is not far when China will face massive defeat like Germany faced after WW2.

Is relationship with Sri Lanka more important than the needs and desires of our Tamil people ?

Why do you have to be stupid to think this ? Elaborate kindly.
What needs and desires? Please elaborate...since I too am Tam...

My needs and desires are to improve my family's life. Supporting the Tamil cause in SL was a blunder. Allowing Indians to be used was the bigger blunder.

I repeat, good relations with SL. Secure the southern front.
1. Give to Bhutan, Nepal, and Maldives. Do not expect anything in return.
2. Provide all facilities to Bangladesh and SL, while improving relations continuously.
3. Engage positively with Afghanistan and Burma, provide humanitarian and trade assistance.
4. Increase trade with China and solve border issues. Live and let live.
5. Increase trade with Pakistan, keep talks cordial. Forget bhaichara...not going to happen.

Above are my desires. The SL Tamils, who support the LTTE do not deserve our support. They assassinated an Indian PM. They can be pounded by the SLA, for all I care. SL Tamils are Sri Lanka's problem. They mess up, its their internal issue.

This obsession with the 'Eelam' issue is a dead horse. Let it die.

Not worth it imho Nick buddy since the cons far outweigh the pros (if any).You want to safeguard the interests and lives of our Tamil brethren....then a more effective and drastic measure has to be taken but is our govt ready to take such pragmatic and outrageous measures??What do you think guys??

Effective and drastic measures such as ?

Since when does morality come into international diplomacy ?
Does morality stop Pakistan from sending over lunatics to India ?
There was a Roman saying

"The strong take what they can, the weak suffer what they must"
Yes. But applying proverbs without context can be highly misleading.

Does not having that island cause security or trade problems for India? If not, then you have your answer.

What needs and desires? Please elaborate...since I too am Tam...

My needs and desires are to improve my family's life. Supporting the Tamil cause in SL was a blunder. Allowing Indians to be used was the bigger blunder.

I repeat, good relations with SL. Secure the southern front.
1. Give to Bhutan, Nepal, and Maldives. Do not expect anything in return.
2. Provide all facilities to Bangladesh and SL, while improving relations continuously.
3. Engage positively with Afghanistan and Burma, provide humanitarian and trade assistance.
4. Increase trade with China and solve border issues. Live and let live.
5. Increase trade with Pakistan, keep talks cordial. Forget bhaichara...not going to happen.

Above are my desires. The SL Tamils, who support the LTTE do not deserve our support. They assassinated an Indian PM. They can be pounded by the SLA, for all I care. SL Tamils are Sri Lanka's problem. They mess up, its their internal issue.

This obsession with the 'Eelam' issue is a dead horse. Let it die.

good to hear from an Indian Tamil. Would like other Tamil's opinions as well. @Rajaraja Chola

Yes. But applying proverbs without context can be highly misleading.

Does not having that island cause security or trade problems for India? If not, then you have your answer.

I was talking about you advocating using morality as a pillar of our international diplomacy
No relation whatsoever to Katchathief island.

Back
Top Bottom