What's new

How many Indians here would support annexation of Katchatheevu island from Sri Lanka ?

@Rajaraja Chola you bring up the case of Kashmir. Wrong example. That's Indian territory. SL is not Indian territory. SL Tamils are not Indian Tamils. We got involved in Bangaldesh not out of humanitarian concern, but strategic imperative.

Do not compare this with SL. SL Tamils are not Indians. Not Indians, no care. And this bull$hit about humanitarian concern in SL is nothing but hogwash. The LTTE has done enough damage to Indian youth of the late 80s and 90s. I have mentioned earlier, have had friends who went to study in TN, especially Madurai and being brainwashed by this nonsense. Took years for them to get back to normal.

Pound the supporters of LTTE. Exterminate them.

Come on man. We both belong to dharmic religions and have similar cultures. Imagine how strong we could be together :D Our famous Ravana was from Sri Lanka.
Best thing to do now is to minimize conflicts in South Asia and focus on development. For Sri Lankan's entire history, it was separated from India and even during British rule Sri Lanla was administered separately. Sri Lanka has no military ambitions in the region and it is entirely focused on economical development. If it wasn't for the TN goons there is no reason at all for India to worry about Sri Lanka.

I am in favor of annexing the whole island of Sri Lanka. We should make it a part of Akhand Bharat. j/k

Best thing to do now is to minimize conflicts in South Asia and focus on development. For Sri Lankan's entire history, it was separated from India and even during British rule Sri Lanla was administered separately. Sri Lanka has no military ambitions in the region and it is entirely focused on economical development. If it wasn't for the TN goons there is no reason at all for India to worry about Sri Lanka.

Alright alright. But you need to treat your Tamils better. Please understand the sentiments of our Tamils. It's good that the LTTE is gone. :)

Alright alright. But you need to treat your Tamils better. Please understand the sentiments of our Tamils. It's good that the LTTE is gone. :)
haha why do you fall for this crap? They are not crying for humanitarian re
asons. They are crying because their wet dream of having a separate country in Sri Lanka is destroyed. Those same people are the ones who try to destroy Sri Lankan Tamil's livelihoods by intruding into their fishing waters. Same PDF Tamil warriors don't give it a second thought when it comes to justifying it.

@Rajaraja Chola .Dont care about words of some idiots.We malayalis are also South Indian.we also experience this.
'Unity in Diversity is in our blood'.So you can expect some regional problems here.In early times North Indians call all of South Indians are 'Madrasi'.
But the fact is other Southern people from Karnataka,Andhra and Kerala dont respond such provocation usually.Tamils dont tolerate provocation and they will resist strongly.Such a strong behaviour of Tamils cant digest by some northern people thats all.
I love Tamils because they love their Tamil language like a mother .They care and love their language, like their mother land India.
One of the best Army Chief of Indian Army General Sundharji is also from Tamil Nadu.
Not Tamils ,it is Indira Gandhi who creates LTTE for her own purpose.And some leaders also help her.

India should totally 'make a move' on Azad Kashmir. This is exactly what everyone needs right now. Just don't forget that India is not Russia, nor Pakistan is Ukraine. Keep this hegemonic Akhand Bharata 'BULL' lungi dance outside our borders or don't blame us if we incinerated you.

No one need a war and ultra nationalism.It doesnt serve any purpose.We already fought 4 wars and I think that is enough at any case.These 'incinerating' like mentality is not good for people.
Indian Govt already goes from that era.Now our main tool is economy both for prosperity and a strategic conflict.And it is enough

Last edited:
What calculations? Do you think by playing China card SL will threaten India? Is Indian Military that spineless to have its say in a Island barely 30km from Rameshwaram?

I dont support outright annexation. Fishermen killings were at a height during a time period of 2007-2011. Now diplomacy have given itself to less incidents , though shootings happened, had their nets teared, arrested, less murders were seen.
We arrive at a consensus with SL, to give fishing rights to local fishermen's without arrests , or provide back the Island by cancelling the 1974 agreement. If nothing comes out of diplomacy, yes, Annexation is the way.

It is not Indian military it is Indian leaders is the main problem here.Indian military will go at any extent to protect our mother land.They will not compromise our motherland security.But Indian politicians is spineless.Chinese leaders is too strong in ther decision.But Indian poltiicans is not like that.And comparatively more powerful than us .China may influence SL .So we dont need any flaming incident in that area.

Since most Indians (including me) on here supported Russia in it's move to annex Crimea, I would like to ask what do Indians feel India should do since we are in a very similar situation with the Katchatheevu island which the Indian government ceded to Sri Lanka in 1974. now some Tamil Indian politicians are talking about taking it back ?

I presume that Indians would support India's annexation of Katchatheevu to reclaim it from Lanka ? I have been thinking about it but couldn't reach a conclusion.

What are your views on this ? In fact do you think India should make a move on Pakistani Kashmir or what about against China in Aksai Chin (if we can) ?

@Star Wars @karan.1970 @OrionHunter @Joe Shearer @Rajaraja Chola @ranjeet @AUSTERLITZ @KRAIT @Indo-guy @IndoCarib @Ayush @kurup @Srinivas

No.
What would we gain? & How much we stand to lose.

@Rajaraja Chola .Dont care about words of some idiots.We malayalis are also South Indian.we also experience this.
'Unity in Diversity is in our blood'.So you can expect some regional problems here.In early times North Indians call all of South Indians are 'Madrasi'.
But the fact is other Southern people from Karnataka,Andhra and Kerala dont respond such provocation usually.Tamils dont tolerate provocation and they will resist strongly.Such a strong behaviour of Tamils cant digest by some northern people thats all.
I love Tamils because they love their Tamil language like a mother .They care and love their language, like their mother land India.
One of the best Army Chief of Indian Army General Sundharji is also from Tamil Nadu.
Not Tamils ,it is Indira Gandhi who creates LTTE for her own purpose.And some leaders also help her.

No one need a war and ultra nationalism.It doesnt serve any purpose.We already fought 4 wars and I think that is enough at any case.These 'incinerating' like mentality is not good for people.
Indian Govt already goes from that era.Now our main tool is economy both for prosperity and a strategic conflict.And it is enough

Very well said.
I am not Tamil but I do appreciate how Tamilian's respect & love their language & history
& Yes Ultra nationalism does not get us anything..... Lets focus on what we have & make it good..... Tis Akhand Bharat
talk makes me uncomfortable

But like asses we gave it to them didn't we? Thanks to the dirty politicians we lost an Island.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom