What's new

Sri Lanka seeks further $1.0b credit line from India to import essentials

But, industrialists in Pakistan can make also good use of this devalued Rupee. They can export cheaper than Bangladesh. However, things also depend upon the planning and actions taken by the govt bureaucracy and politicians.

Let us hope for the best in Pakistan. It should surmount the current problems.
But pakistan does not have any niche products/services which India, bangladesh can't produce/export. Lot of people in pakistan will round trip money to further devalue PKR. It will have spiral effect.

But pakistan does not have any niche products/services which India, bangladesh can't produce/export. Lot of people in pakistan will round trip money to further devalue PKR. It will have spiral effect.
Pakistan seems to have a thriving textile industry with good growth. You are overlooking this :coffee:

Pakistan seems to have a thriving textile industry with good growth. You are overlooking this :coffee:
Well Economic Complexity is limited in Pak, textiles have a limited market, and after PLI and MITRA rollout we’ll take over a significant chunk of the market, especially when we’’re signing free trade agreements with large economies.

Well Economic Complexity is limited in Pak, textiles have a limited market, and after PLI and MITRA rollout we’ll take over a significant chunk of the market, especially when we’’re signing free trade agreements with large economies.
You are making a lot of predictions for the future. Problem with predictions are that they reflect what you want to happen. The future is yet to be written, so let's wait for it.

As of now, the Pakistani textile industry is growing. This is a empirical fact, not an opinion. I do agree that Pakistani economy does not seem to have the diversity that you should expect from a country with more than 200 million in population. I think this criticism is applicable to Bangladesh and many Indian states as well. India (as a whole though) is relatively better off because of the extraordinary size of its domestic market. :coffee:

You are making a lot of predictions for the future. Problem with predictions are that they reflect what you want to happen. The future is yet to be written, so let's wait for it.

As of now, the Pakistani textile industry is growing. This is a empirical fact, not an opinion. I do agree that Pakistani economy does not seem to have the diversity that you should expect from a country with more than 200 million in population. I think this criticism is applicable to Bangladesh and many Indian states as well. India (as a whole though) is relatively better off because of the extraordinary size of its domestic market. :coffee:
we manufacture our own tanks from nut to bolt, have domestic electronics companies, and other such domestic industries so in domestic sector its not all crazy- but yes exports are not at all complex- I see mining and IT sector as maybe resolving some of the wows in coming years
but manufacturing will be more tricky imho- only thing I see is probably pharma and even here ill have to see proper work being done more than policy to see how it goes
need to work on that

1 United States Dollar equals
184.63 Pakistani Rupee

If the current drama continues for few more weeks, PKR will be ~300.
Listen what PMIK said
nice edit of the actual whole sentence from tropical IQ-ed people as expected- at least something yall are good at
search up the exchange range of every middle Eastern and east Asian country and see how exchange rates do not always represent what you are trying to say - or you know what actually NM
I have seen your posts they are usually very dumb

Last edited:
we manufacture our own tanks from nut to bolt, have domestic electronics companies, and couple other such industries so in domestic sector its not all crazy- but yes exports are not at all complex
need to work on that
This is not significant relative to your population size. What is the value addition done by Pakistani companies? Often people claim that x, y and z is manufactured when the key components are actually imported.

For example - Indian phone manufacturing for export has quadrupled in the last few years. While this is commendable, the actual value added in India's phone manufacturing is estimated to be a mere 12%. I don't know what the numbers are for Pakistan, but it is not a stretch to assume that Pakistan is in a similar boat.

It is not a prediction but a future thats pretty much sure is going to happen. India-UK FTA will be signed in a few months and production under PLI and MITRA will start soon. And you should see what PLI actually is before saying “I’m trying to predict future”. India never focussed on textiles and now we are.

It is not a prediction but a future thats pretty much sure is going to happen. India-UK FTA will be signed in a few months and production under PLI and MITRA will start soon. And you should see what PLI actually is before saying “I’m trying to predict future”. India never focussed on textiles and now we are.
I can never beat this conviction. :rolleyes1:

This is not significant relative to your population size. What is the value addition done by Pakistani companies? Often people claim that x, y and z is manufactured when the key components are actually imported.

For example - Indian phone manufacturing for export has quadrupled in the last few years. While this is commendable, the actual value added in India's phone manufacturing is estimated to be a mere 12%. I don't know what the numbers are for Pakistan, but it is not a stretch to assume that Pakistan is in a similar boat.
electronics is an assembly line basically, especially phones etc (home appliances domestic companies might be different as they have been around forever and have big factories, SME associated with it even though I am not sure but their situation should be different than phones, laptops etc), tractors, tanks, bikes etc have their SME in domestic so for them I am pretty sure majority of it is in the house also my family business is the production of providing auto parts for tractors, tanks parts etc so for this from personal experience I know that this is something SME is involved with

we manufacture our own tanks from nut to bolt, have domestic electronics companies, and other such domestic industries so in domestic sector its not all crazy- but yes exports are not at all complex- I see mining and IT sector as maybe resolving some of the wows in coming years
but manufacturing will be more tricky imho- only thing I see is probably pharma and even here ill have to see proper work being done more than policy to see how it goes
need to work on that

nice edit of the actual whole sentence from tropical IQ-ed people as expected- at least something yall are good at
search up the exchange range of every middle Eastern and east Asian country and see how exchange rates do not always represent what you are trying to say - or you know what actually NM
I have seen your posts they are usually very dumb
My posts are normally facts. not sugar coated like other members. Pakistan is not self sufficient in any sector. To import, You need $$.
Other middle eastern countries have natural resources. But pakistan has none. It is a fact. I am sorry, if this post looks dumb.

My posts are normally facts. not sugar coated like other members. Pakistan is not self sufficient in any sector. To import, You need $$.
Other middle eastern countries have natural resources. But pakistan has none. It is a fact. I am sorry, if this post looks dumb.
I don't know about this post but your posting history , in general, is extremely dumb
for other things ill probably discuss it with someone not as ignoramus as you

Darn!

Pakistan must help friendly nation Sri Lanka in these times.

Send them some wheat, rice and other essentials at least.
Pakistan itself suffers from debt crisis. WhT are you on about?

A srilankan friend of mine says they asked for a billion dollar line of credit from Bangladesh during BIMSTEC. There’s huge protest going on there

Back
Top Bottom