What's new

How is the F-16 when compared to JF-17s ?

Sir Murad already said that Pilots who flew F-16s and then JF-17 for comparison purposes love the aircraft. Better and more refined. But that was Blk 15 F-16s.

It would be good to know now how JF-17 compares to F-16 BLK52+. I guess that will take some time.

I am sure the blk 52 is alot more advanced then thunders.

Blk 52s are definitively more advanced than CURRENT jf-17 but not in every domain. One system is not present on blk 52s and its there in jf-17s (it is also on rafale, f-22 and eurofighter). It is called "Missile launch detector". This system displays information on HUD, MFD, calculates exact time to impact, activates appropriate counter measures and provides vital assistance to pilot in critical times. This system is absent on any F 16 variant till today.

Blk 52s are definitively more advanced than CURRENT jf-17 but not in every domain. One system is not present on blk 52s and its there in jf-17s (it is also on rafale, f-22 and eurofighter). It is called "Missile launch detector". This system displays information on HUD, MFD, calculates exact time to impact, activates appropriate counter measures and provides vital assistance to pilot in critical times. This system is absent on any F 16 variant till today.

MAWS is present in JF 17 ? Thats great? What version or i mean any specific make ?

Chinese do not have a habit of putting fancy names to their avionics like the Americans, French or Israelis but this does not reduce their effectiveness a single bit. F 16s are formidable to say the least but they do lack the missile launch detector. The ACES 2 and later made ASPIS 2 ecm suites both lack this feature (former is on Israeli Soufas and latter is on Polish and Pakistani blk 52s). These work in a typical fashion having RWR coupled with jammer and CFD dispensers. In case of Thunder, it is Missile launch detector that detects incoming missile as soon as it is launched, presents complete data including Time To Impact of missile on HUD and MFD, activates automatic jamming, CFD dispension, suggest suitable measures through MFD as well as acoustic warnings. This was added specifically on PAFs request as they wanted its ecm particularly strong because it will have to face a lethal adversary.

Well F16 A/B was comparable to what India is flying something called Mirage 2000

And Pakistan Airforce pilots have flown the Thunder JF17 , and they openly stated look we want to be flying the Thunder JF17 because it has potent Missiles on it wings and also its has newer avionics on board.

The best part is that we are also commencing work on advance classified upgrades to the avionics , there is already work being done to integrate the JF17 thunder with the chinese awacs.

The biggest plus is the HUD and avionics on the JF17 thunder fighters

We will have 100+ fighters in 1.5 years no questions asked just plain old made in Pakistan

Now when we compare the Thunder to the Block C/D f16 , I think the F16 C/D have some advance jammers & some zooming and scanners on board for better view of ground and we can use BVR missiles.

So it adds a different dynamic

Is it better then JF17 thunders well marginally perhaps but not by long shot ...

Lets not forget the JF17 thunder will get a UPGRADE on its avionics and capabilities in next 3-4 years so we will have a good mix of planes to build our defence needs on

Really the real purpose of the JF17 thunder is to upgrade the Mirage level planes and old chinese planes we had and upgrade them to Block C/D level capable planes

:rolleyes: Unbelievable...As if 'Vigorous Dragon' is an American name. Can your sucking up be any more obvious?

They actually named j10 vigorous dragon...just dragon would have been fine , but vigorous .....:D...its sort of like superman calling himself 'super'...

Anyways ^^ its gonna hurt !! I am out before this turns into a flame war.

Back
Top Bottom