What's new

How is the F-16 when compared to JF-17s ?

Correct a lock will trigger the RWR, recall the F-16 shot down in Serbia the SA-6 operator turned on his radar 5 seconds before impact any sooner and the launcher may have been detected and neutralized. Once the missile is in the air it can be detected by the APG-68 radar in RWS-SAM mode within a 120 deg in front of the aircraft's nose. In RWS-SAM (Range While Search – Situational Awareness Mode) the APG-68 will detect all targets as quickly as possible, the pilot can then switch to RWR-SAM mode, this will add a line to the yellow contact square indicating the heading of the contact while displaying closing speed and distance. The AN/ALR-56M on the wing tips and fin detects RF signals and serves to warn the pilot of threats attempting a track or lock.

Well that was standard, but 120 deg in front of nose? What if SAM is locked from behind?

Well that was standard, but 120 deg in front of nose? What if SAM is locked from behind?

.. a lock (from behind) will trigger the AN/ALR-56M on the wing tips and fin I thought I mentioned that in my post? This is when AN/ALE-47 countermeasure system saves your behind..

Vigorous Dragon is actually the name added by the West. Just like NATO code names for the Soviet Aircraft and Missiles. In China it is called "Annihilator" or something, maybe our Chinese members can add up and clarify.
Not sure about that. We called the MIG-21 'Fishbed', the MIG-25 'Foxbat'. Care to guess who got labeled 'Fagot'?

If you don't have anything constructive to add, why do you have to spam and be sarcastic?
Neither does sucking up to the Chinese in implying somehow they are more 'matured' than US by not naming their gear. Give me a break.

They were discussing the missile launch warning system, maybe you could help and add to it.
Yes I could. But usually I wait until someone make an assertion that violate known laws of physics. Or at least tread close to it.

Blk 52s are definitively more advanced than CURRENT jf-17 but not in every domain. One system is not present on blk 52s and its there in jf-17s (it is also on rafale, f-22 and eurofighter). It is called "Missile launch detector". This system displays information on HUD, MFD, calculates exact time to impact, activates appropriate counter measures and provides vital assistance to pilot in critical times. This system is absent on any F 16 variant till today.
Utter BS. Care to explain the mechanisms of this system? Am willing to bet that by the time you laid them out, if you chose to support your argument, it would sound awfully like a standard radar warning receiver set standard since the F-16A/B block 1.

They should have named the JF-17 Pedro Alonso, that would strike fear in everyone.

I am sure the blk 52 is alot more advanced then thunders.

Salam, man im ur biggest fan cause ur post are quite right and effective. I think you are also a member on Pakistandefence.com, i have been reading your post since and i have really gain a good knowledge by reading your post. And want to ask you that if you could add me as a :cheers:friend in your friends:cheers: list and we could be good be good friends. So it will be fruit full for you as well as me to have some discussion on some issues as well.:pakistan:
I really wanted to ask from you a Question that has been asked by many members and even many times that PAFs actual requirement is of Jets like J-10 or F-16s rather than JF-17s which are quite small but they have joint this project to kick start their industry???? IS ti true, Please Elaborate.

Salam, man im ur biggest fan cause ur post are quite right and effective. I think you are also a member on Pakistandefence.com, i have been reading your post since and i have really gain a good knowledge by reading your post. And want to ask you that if you could add me as a :cheers:friend in your friends:cheers: list and we could be good be good friends. So it will be fruit full for you as well as me to have some discussion on some issues as well.:pakistan:
I really wanted to ask from you a Question that has been asked by many members and even many times that PAFs actual requirement is of Jets like J-10 or F-16s rather than JF-17s which are quite small but they have joint this project to kick start their industry???? IS ti true, Please Elaborate.

Nishan, plz go to the JF-17 thread, there you will find the answers to all of your questions and much more.

well you can't compare f-16 with JF-17...bcz Lockheed martin is a mature company and is manufacturing fighters since long...JF-17 is just a start, still PAF pilots love to fly thunder...han the time when PAC gets mature in building fighters, then it will be much better to compare with other fighters...

A fair comparison between the two aircrafts is not possible because the Thunder is still an SBP version of the aircraft with an externally mounted radar and an under performing engine. We can only compare the two after the Thunder is in full scale production. My cousin is an F-16 pilot though he says the Thunder will possess similar capabilities to the Falcon, BVR will be an added advantage but it's effectiveness will depend on the avionics and radar package Pakistan is successful in acquiring. So lets get back to this question two or three years later..................but it is worth mentioning that now we also have BVR capibilities through the induction of the Blk 52s.

A fair comparison between the two aircrafts is not possible because the Thunder is still an SBP version of the aircraft with an externally mounted radar and an under performing engine. We can only compare the two after the Thunder is in full scale production. My cousin is an F-16 pilot though he says the Thunder will possess similar capabilities to the Falcon, BVR will be an added advantage but it's effectiveness will depend on the avionics and radar package Pakistan is successful in acquiring. So lets get back to this question two or three years later..................but it is worth mentioning that now we also have BVR capibilities through the induction of the Blk 52s.

Externally mounted radar ?????

Hahah thats what i call that our nation is neither in camels nor in sheeps...They are what we call in urdu "Laye Lag (mean jis taraf laga dou wahin lag jatay hain)"

When nabil_05 praised jf-17 most of them were praising jf-17 but when gambit went against it now all are taking stance on opposite side lol

We dont have or cant hold anything for long in a stable manner ,We keep tilting from one way to another in all aspects

Many members (i dont want to mention their names) praises jf-17 in one thread or post and in another post they start heavily criticizing same aircraft

Atleast learn something from other party their aircraft is in pipeline for good 2 decades but they still praise it...Have you ever seen anyone of them going against it?

And if you have to take stance anyway for or against jf-17 than be firm and stick to your same point untill and unless some one justifies against it for you,And provide some solid facts and figures for being against or in favour of the aircraft

Stop guessing everything and saying i like it in one post and i dont like it in another post .Stop tilting from extreme optimist to extreme pessimist.

Grow up People

Last edited:
The IRST system to be more precise.

ohhhkkkkkk, but don't worry it will be incorporated in the future variants.

It will be an added plus point, not much of today's aircraft have such IRST. Russians and Chinese are not using it on their Flankers regularly, hope JF-17 becomes one of them.

Time to impact is clearly visible on HUD in the video on previous page. It is a MAWS system with complete 360 deg coverage and is more than just a standard RWR system as stated by Mr. Professional. RWR is not just a standard fit on American fighters but a common fit for almost all the aircrafts in modern inventory. The base of jf-17s vertical tail has two sensors clearly visible on both sides and these are MAWS or MLDs that i talked about. By the way, i have never seen an RWR that calculates exact time to impact and suggest how to evade incoming threats. Maybe in F 22s but certainly not in the F 16s.

Here is the sensor image and info.

SE-2 Airborne Missile Approach Warning System - SinoDefence.com

26400vm.jpg

Time to impact is clearly visible on HUD in the video on previous page. It is a MAWS system with complete 360 deg coverage and is more than just a standard RWR system as stated by Mr. Professional. RWR is not just a standard fit on American fighters but a common fit for almost all the aircrafts in modern inventory. The base of jf-17s vertical tail has two sensors clearly visible on both sides and these are MAWS or MLDs that i talked about. By the way, i have never seen an RWR that calculates exact time to impact and suggest how to evade incoming threats. Maybe in F 22s but certainly not in the F 16s.

Here is the sensor image and info.

SE-2 Airborne Missile Approach Warning System - SinoDefence.com

26400vm.jpg

nabil thanks for the info .
People just got so disappointed with JF17 , i dont know wht is there problem ,Y dont they think it is just a baby and with the passage of time Im 110 percent confident that it will grow up to becum a beast.
PAF guys they are doing there best and I salute these People .

Paf cannot make everything abt JF17 public there must have many surprises in this small baby for our enemies.

One more thing comparing it with F16 is not justified.coz F16 is very matured machine and JF17 is a new machine which needs time to mature .

Long Live :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom