What's new

How fear of Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa forced Pashtuns to start wearing salwar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Indian Punjabi dress is actually dhoti.

^

Ruby, you are truly a jack ***. Being a Punjabi, even I know that the ethnic dress for Punjabis is dhoti, not shalwar kameez.

I havs started to doubt your claim of being a punjabi when you say Punjabi ethnic dress is Dhoti.Dhoti has never been ethnic dress of Punjab.period.

and what the sh$t are you talking about when you say Indian punjab's ethnic dress ?? Do you mean after Indian and Pakistani punjab got seperated,Indian Punjabis chose different clothing style for themselves and chose dhoti ?? stop your BS there.

Of course, they don't dare to compare themselves to the real Rajputs you know, after many were made examples by the traditional people.

However, here is a list of muslims claiming to be rajputs in Pakistan, make sure to ask them why they gave away their women next time you meet one of them there.

Chaudhary
Mirza
Malik
Mian
Sultan
Muslim Rajputs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and etc etc.

Thanks.

Im sure it was the hindu rajput who married their women to mughal king "jodha bai"..... while a muslim rajput Dullah bhatti who wa fighting the same akbar whom the hindu rajput king made his jega? or brother in law... do google abt our muslim rajputs.As for the stupid thread i LOLeD....
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vhsAEGioElovgh3VQ&sig2=QpTMuvX3wVoUeoBUykTg0g

pukhtoons were wearing shalwar kameez long before we even sikhism was born....also even sikh men wear it?
95q5gg.jpg

149110i.jpg

rmtc34.jpg

2h6vzvk.jpg

@Mirza Jatt,formerly known as indian jatt.. do u know mirza saheeba,heer ranjha etc were all muslims n not sikhs or hindus?

@Mirza Jatt,formerly known as indian jatt.. do u know mirza saheeba,heer ranjha etc were all muslims n not sikhs or hindus?

They were all Punjabis...and they were jatts...atleast that time they were not Pakistanis.period.

yes they were Mulsims but its very hard for me to make you understand (more because you are not a punjabi) that these Hindu- Muslim-sikh complications were not there at that time...sikhs still take that story as their own..and its is deep in our culture. no one even bothers wether they were sikhs or muslims. sikhs followed their own relgion and at the same time resepcted (and we still do) and praised Muslims saints.BTW there was no sikhism or Muslim in Punjab..both came later..although based on the area they were all jatts.

as far as these romance storie are concerned..not in all cases they were Muslims..although majority were Muslims...these strroies are from sindh area which was the main Muslim majority area. Infact Soni and sassi were not muslims.

BTW in case you ever get a chance to go outside Punjab and see how jatts live together (irrespective of religion), then you would never say this again....because Punjabis are very much attached and fond of their culture.

and i suppose a DHOTI is not an underwear? i am sorry but for pakistanis DHOTI is an underwear worn by indians!

Im sure it was the hindu rajput who married their women to mughal king "jodha bai"..... while a muslim rajput Dullah bhatti who wa fighting the same akbar whom the hindu rajput king made his jega? or brother in law... do google abt our muslim rajputs.As for the stupid thread i LOLeD....
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vhsAEGioElovgh3VQ&sig2=QpTMuvX3wVoUeoBUykTg0g

pukhtoons were wearing shalwar kameez long before we even sikhism was born....also even sikh men wear it?
95q5gg.jpg

149110i.jpg

rmtc34.jpg

2h6vzvk.jpg

lol according to the thread starter only women wear shalwar or for indians SALWAR so i guess all these SIKH men are cross dressers????

95q5gg.jpg

The actual story is other way around..
Nalwa forced them to wear shalwar kameez from the fear of Pukhtoons... :lol:

They were all Punjabis...and they were jatts...atleast that time they were not Pakistanis.period.

yes they were Mulsims but its very hard for me to make you understand (more because you are not a punjabi) that these Hindu- Muslim-sikh complications were not there at that time...sikhs still take that story as their own..and its is deep in our culture. no one even bothers wether they were sikhs or muslims. sikhs followed their own relgion and at the same time resepcted (and we still do) and praised Muslims saints.BTW there was no sikhism or Muslim in Punjab..both came later..although based on the area they were all jatts.

as far as these romance storie are concerned..not in all cases they were Muslims..although majority were Muslims...these strroies are from sindh area which was the main Muslim majority area. Infact Soni and sassi were not muslims.

BTW in case you ever get a chance to go outside Punjab and see how jatts live together (irrespective of religion), then you would never say this again....because Punjabis are very much attached and fond of their culture.
You also hear pakistani songs about jagga jatt who was a sikh.In my village we have a pir shrine and every thursday its packed

Are you slow or something?

Don't tell me you haven't met a Muslim with a Rajput surname, they are the ones whose forefathers sold off.
Maybe you should ask them why they need to still hold on to their Rajput surnames rather than Muslim names.

Its a fact they are just wannabes who want to claim Rajput heritage since there is no parallel for that in Islamic history. I hear they still are respected as fearsome by other timid castes.

Maybe you should ask your fellow Pakistanis why they gave away women or whatever crude term you apply to them, they can answer better :)

i guess that can be said about SKARUKH KHAN,SALMAN KHAN & IRFAN PATHANS!! none of them can speak pashto and have NO REMOTE even history of being a pathan but keep pathan names! TRUE WANNABES! wonder why???

and i suppose a DHOTI is not an underwear? i am sorry but for pakistanis DHOTI is an underwear worn by indians!

lol according to the thread starter only women wear shalwar or for indians SALWAR so i guess all these SIKH men are cross dressers????

I think the opening post has been taken as insult by you thats why you are trying to use these derogatory words.
anyways..dhoti is not an underwear and the sikh men in picture are wearing kurta and not salwar. there is a huge difference between them. hope that next time you will trya little research before jumping on to post an insulting comment just because its someone else relgion and not your ISLAM. :pop:

Diagnosis:

The OP and his/her thread strongly indicates a perfect case of severe (CPD) COW PEE DEPLETION along with a disintegration of the cranial vault, the cause of which hint at Continuous Brain Farts due to over stimulation of Pea (or rather PEE) Brain Cells by fantasizing non-existent acts of grandeur.

Treatment:

Just DIE

Prognosis:

World Peace.

- Doctor KHAN

http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/116002-topics-banned-pdf.html

Suggest the link to banned topics be visited.

Hari Singh Nalwa ― Champion of the Khalsaji, How Pashtuns came to wear the Pathani suite a feminine apparel of the Punjabi women folk

Hari_Singh_Nalwa

Hari Singh Nalwa was the Commander-in-chief at the most turbulent North West Frontier of Ranjit Singh's kingdom. He took the frontier of the Sarkar Khalsaji to the very mouth of the Khyber Pass. For the past eight centuries, marauders, who had indulged in looting, plunder, rape, and forcible conversions to Islam had used this route into the subcontinent. In his lifetime, Hari Singh became a terror to the ferocious tribes inhabiting these regions. He successfully thwarted the last foreign invasion into the subcontinent through the Khyber Pass at Jamrud, permanently blocking this route of the invaders. Even in his death, Hari Singh Nalwa's formidable reputation ensured victory for the Sikhs against an Afghan force five times as numerous.

In accordance with the teaching of their Guru, the Sikhs did not attack the defenceless or the weak. This included children, women, mendicants and the elderly. Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa advised the Pathans that one way they could escape the wrath of an infuriated Sikh was to dress as a woman. In the Punjab, the shalwar kameez is feminine apparel.

The shalwar was a loose trouser with a stiff border at the ankle, while the kameez was a loose shirt falling to the knees. This dress came to popularly be known as the ‘Punjabi suit’ in India. In Pakistan and Afghanistan, men still wear its variant — the ‘Pathan suit’.

Milkha Singh of Gurdwara Darshani Deohri Amritsar, first narrated this story to the author. Many others corroborated it since.

(Source: Nalwa, V. 2009. Hari Singh Nalwa - The Champion of Khalsaji New Delhi: Manohar, p. 264)

The twenty-first century, the Wali of Swat confirmed that the above was indeed a fact:

The following is the gist of an open letter written by Miangul Aurangzeb, the present Wali of Swat, to the Taliban when the Taliban were preaching and enforcing strict dress and conduct codes for the women in the areas that fell under their control.

"At the outset I want to record that you all must love me very much as you have decided not to take over my property in Swat unlike those you have taken over of other landed families. I am therefore emboldened to believe that I have the privilege of sharing some historical facts for you to know about and I urge you to absorb the same before you continue your campaign of moral policing, especially when it comes to the manner of dressing and code of conduct for women.

The Sikh army of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, under the leadership of Hari Singh Nalwa came to the Frontier in the 1820's and swiftly conquered our ancestors. It is the only time in recorded history that our people were ruled over by foreigners. The locals were so utterly terrified of the Sikh army that they used to hide every time the Sikhs came into view. Those that decided to resist were met with ruthlessness. During this time, the word was spread around that the Sikhs did not harm elderly people, women and children and that the local men who did not wish to earn wrath of the Sikhs should wear the garb of Punjabi women, which was the Salwar-Kameez. At that time in our history both men and women alike, wore only a single-robe garment (similar to that worn by the Arabs) and the Sikhs would not harm any man either when wearing the Salwar-Kameez.

So you see, our men happily adopted the garb of Punjabi women since they were too terrified to stand up and they have adopted the garb as being theirs' ever since. I am very intrigued to see that you are following in the footsteps of your ancestors by wearing the adopted Punjabi women's garb as your own, but now go around preaching and coercing our women as to how they should be living their lives! I suggest that take a deep look inside yourselves, given this historical perspective."

Sincerely,

Miangul Aurangzeb, Wali of Swat

(Source: Nishaan, Swat: Sanctuary for the Sikhs, III/2009, New Delhi: Nagaara Trust, p. 45)
-------------------------------

Ouch ! This will really hurt if you are a Pashtun but sorry - this is how it is !

**** you u evil **** sucking asshole, screw you and your low life trolls, sta kwana wagem, sta ghin sta pa kwani ki darkam, dalla kunni begarata, murdar bachia ******, go and shove the ''womens dress'' up your ***, what happened when men in ''women dress'' fucked the entire indian union using just a few bayonets at best, **** you and yor ''trusted information sources'' suck my muther ******* dick, you asshole should know that these ''women dressed'' men having been ******* you Indian assholes since they came here somewhere from west asia, they needed tp pump some bitches *** and the Indians fit the bill, and hell nothing like waking up in the morning knowing you gonna beat the living **** out of some **** bags, but i dont blame you u r in a delusional state and just like when you try to get an erection (but fail cuz u got no balls) you are fantasizing......if this were true i wouild not be here speaking my mind because all my Pathan ancestors would have fought till the end and died ******* as much of you assholes as they could along the way, spi zwiya.......

**** u... self ******* dickhead, sta kwana wagem, sta ghin sta pa kwani ki dar kam, dalla kunni ******, where the **** was this great ruler or the singhs when we the Pathans were ******* the **** out of u assholes......u can report me but thats the best u can do we know imma **** u if you say this **** to my face that is if you had the nuts.....

I think the opening post has been taken as insult by you thats why you are trying to use these derogatory words.
anyways..dhoti is not an underwear and the sikh men in picture are wearing kurta and not salwar. there is a huge difference between them. hope that next time you will trya little research before jumping on to post an insulting comment just because its someone else relgion and not your ISLAM. :pop:

so wait a second what they are wearing under the kurta is not a shalwar? then what is it? and i am sorry but the syrians wear it too!

and even jeans is a form of 2 legged dress so all are different in what way??? and DHOTI i am sorry is the UNDERWEAR worn by SAUDIS & ALL OF GCC.

so i am not insulting but stating facts here

Hari Singh Nalwa ― Champion of the Khalsaji, How Pashtuns came to wear the Pathani suite a feminine apparel of the Punjabi women folk

Hari_Singh_Nalwa

Hari Singh Nalwa was the Commander-in-chief at the most turbulent North West Frontier of Ranjit Singh's kingdom. He took the frontier of the Sarkar Khalsaji to the very mouth of the Khyber Pass. For the past eight centuries, marauders, who had indulged in looting, plunder, rape, and forcible conversions to Islam had used this route into the subcontinent. In his lifetime, Hari Singh became a terror to the ferocious tribes inhabiting these regions. He successfully thwarted the last foreign invasion into the subcontinent through the Khyber Pass at Jamrud, permanently blocking this route of the invaders. Even in his death, Hari Singh Nalwa's formidable reputation ensured victory for the Sikhs against an Afghan force five times as numerous.

In accordance with the teaching of their Guru, the Sikhs did not attack the defenceless or the weak. This included children, women, mendicants and the elderly. Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa advised the Pathans that one way they could escape the wrath of an infuriated Sikh was to dress as a woman. In the Punjab, the shalwar kameez is feminine apparel.

The shalwar was a loose trouser with a stiff border at the ankle, while the kameez was a loose shirt falling to the knees. This dress came to popularly be known as the ‘Punjabi suit’ in India. In Pakistan and Afghanistan, men still wear its variant — the ‘Pathan suit’.

Milkha Singh of Gurdwara Darshani Deohri Amritsar, first narrated this story to the author. Many others corroborated it since.

(Source: Nalwa, V. 2009. Hari Singh Nalwa - The Champion of Khalsaji New Delhi: Manohar, p. 264)

The twenty-first century, the Wali of Swat confirmed that the above was indeed a fact:

The following is the gist of an open letter written by Miangul Aurangzeb, the present Wali of Swat, to the Taliban when the Taliban were preaching and enforcing strict dress and conduct codes for the women in the areas that fell under their control.

"At the outset I want to record that you all must love me very much as you have decided not to take over my property in Swat unlike those you have taken over of other landed families. I am therefore emboldened to believe that I have the privilege of sharing some historical facts for you to know about and I urge you to absorb the same before you continue your campaign of moral policing, especially when it comes to the manner of dressing and code of conduct for women.

The Sikh army of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, under the leadership of Hari Singh Nalwa came to the Frontier in the 1820's and swiftly conquered our ancestors. It is the only time in recorded history that our people were ruled over by foreigners. The locals were so utterly terrified of the Sikh army that they used to hide every time the Sikhs came into view. Those that decided to resist were met with ruthlessness. During this time, the word was spread around that the Sikhs did not harm elderly people, women and children and that the local men who did not wish to earn wrath of the Sikhs should wear the garb of Punjabi women, which was the Salwar-Kameez. At that time in our history both men and women alike, wore only a single-robe garment (similar to that worn by the Arabs) and the Sikhs would not harm any man either when wearing the Salwar-Kameez.

So you see, our men happily adopted the garb of Punjabi women since they were too terrified to stand up and they have adopted the garb as being theirs' ever since. I am very intrigued to see that you are following in the footsteps of your ancestors by wearing the adopted Punjabi women's garb as your own, but now go around preaching and coercing our women as to how they should be living their lives! I suggest that take a deep look inside yourselves, given this historical perspective."

Sincerely,

Miangul Aurangzeb, Wali of Swat

(Source: Nishaan, Swat: Sanctuary for the Sikhs, III/2009, New Delhi: Nagaara Trust, p. 45)
-------------------------------

Ouch ! This will really hurt if you are a Pashtun but sorry - this is how it is !

**** u... self ******* dickhead, sta kwana wagem, sta ghin sta pa kwani ki dar kam, dalla kunni ******, where the **** was this great ruler or the singhs when we the Pathans were ******* the **** out of u assholes......u can report me but thats the best u can do we know imma **** u if you say this **** to my face that is if you had the nuts.....and i just showed you the reason why this **** is false......quit trying to search you dick that u shoved up ur *** and forgt about and think about what i just asid.....

**** you u evil **** sucking asshole, screw you and your low life trolls, sta kwana wagem, sta ghin sta pa kwani ki darkam, dalla kunni begarata, murdar bachia ******, go and shove the ''womens dress'' up your ***, what happened when men in ''women dress'' fucked the entire indian union using just a few bayonets at best, **** you and yor ''trusted information sources'' suck my muther ******* dick, you asshole should know that these ''women dressed'' men having been ******* you Indian assholes since they came here somewhere from west asia, they needed tp pump some bitches *** and the Indians fit the bill, and hell nothing like waking up in the morning knowing you gonna beat the living **** out of some **** bags, but i dont blame you u r in a delusional state and just like when you try to get an erection (but fail cuz u got no balls) you are fantasizing......if this were true i wouild not be here speaking my mind because all my Pathan ancestors would have fought till the end and died ******* as much of you assholes as they could along the way, spi zwiya.......

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Reported.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Reported.
i would rather act like an idiot on any given day than doing nothing against any bullshit against a Pathan, Muslim or anyone for that matter, the way i see it you report me the mods get to take a look at the article and see its infuriating the users (or some of them) and maybe close the thread or something, we aint what the sms and jokes say about us, this out burst is a calculated stupidity....

& MODS are asleep!! ban this waste of a thread that is just a verbal diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom