What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

1980s
1980s 2.jpg
\
1980s11.jpg

1990s
723672165124847333.jpg

1999 National Day
1999.jpg

After 2005
2449753_304856.jpg

after2005.jpg

Last edited:
my family have a close friend couple migrated to Canada but they are not 'young' nor do they keep doing their profession there. generally speaking they've always been the world citizen type and was tired of the fast pace of life in South China seeking for more peaceful lifestyle.

the education part is also true though, it's much much easier to get into top-ranked Western universities if you grow up there than say... apply from China as an international student.

most of my friends who are graduating in the States are coming back to China with some staying for relationships or for the 'once in a life time' kind job opportunity.

humm... the couple i mentioned can fit into this category.

Big money over here in the USA. One thing I like about living here is how much one can earn. Potential to rise up the ranks is there. And there is less "restrictive" work culture here than say in Japan.

China's equipment winning fame abroad
April 15, 2015

FOREIGN201504151514000112509229277.jpg

The train of the Addis Ababa light railway is in operation, Feb 1, 2015. Photo by Ni Tao/Peopel's Daily

China is currently carrying out technical cooperation and transfer with many countries.This is the result of the country's economic development in the past 30 years, the manifestation of recent improvements in manufacturing and industrial technology, and an important indicator of China's strengthening economic and trade relations with other countries.

Hydropower Technology - Achievement of Pakistan's "Three Gorges Project"

Located in the northern part of Pakistan, the Neelum–Jhelum Hydropower Plant has atotal installed capacity of 969 MW. Its annual generating capacity will reach 515 MW,accounting for 12 percent of the country's total annual power generation. The plant is expected to bring 45 billion rupees per year in revenues for Pakistan (1 US dollar = 101 rupees). China's advanced technology has supported the plant.

Tao Jie, deputy general manager and chief accountant of the Gezhouba Group PakistanBranch, told People's Daily that the project, regarded as Pakistan's “Three Gorges Project”,is the largest international project under construction undertaken by Gezhouba Group.

To complete the project with high efficiency, the Gezhouba Group Pakistan Branch has applied advanced Chinese technology in many processes. The project also introduced a tunnel boring machine to Pakistan for the first time. The equipment uses high-tech solutions to guide and monitor all tasks, including electronics, information, telemetry and remote control, so that the tunneling process is always performed to the highest standards.

It is believed that the project is providing almost 3000 jobs for the region. More importantly, Pakistan has now joined the ranks of those countries with tunnel-boring machine expertize, and its hydro power and tunnel construction have reached the world's advanced level.

Transmission Technology - Ease the electricity shortage in northern Brazil

The State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) won the tender for Brazil's Belo Monte Hydropower ultra-high voltage (UHV) transmission project in 2014. Located in theAmazon region, this is the world's fourth largest hydropower plant. After construction, the project can transmit power over a distance in excess of 2000 kilometers, alleviating problems of electricity supply in heavily populated areas.

Brazilian President Rousseff expressed his congratulations when China won the bid. Thelocal mainstream media believe that the introduction and promotion of the HVDCtechnology will bring revolutionary changes to hydropower development in northernBrazil.

This is SGCC's first international UHV transmission project. Chang Zhongjiao, deputy general manager of SGCC Brazil Branch and chief executive officer of the Belo Monte project, pointed out that the project is of great significance in the process of China's technology, equipment and experience "going global", and in the win-win cooperation between the two countries. China is the world's only country to have put a UHVtransmission project into commercial operation.

According to the Brazilian government, the project is expected to create 58,000 jobs.

Light rail Technology- Help Ethiopia build first-class light railway

Contracted by the China Railway Group Limited, the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa's lightrailway is the first modern light city rail system in east Africa. The project is now in testoperation.

Zhang Qilin, an official at the Ethiopian light rail project department of China Railway Group Limited, said that the department has employed blasting construction in Addis Ababa. Local technical personnel have been taught the relevant technology on construction sites in the city.

To deal with various technical difficulties, the department also set up a laboratory qualified to the same level as China's domestic railway industry standards. According to laboratory director Wang Jiahong, the laboratory, whose role is to ensure construction quality, is equipped with the most complete and advanced functional facilities and testing equipment in Ethiopia.

In addition, the project has invited visits from a large number of students from Ethiopia's universities and colleges to study construction techniques. The students have become an outstanding engineering and technical resource for Ethiopia.

Workneh Gebeyehu, Ethiopian Minister of Transport observed after his visit to the construction site that Chinese builders possess advanced construction skills and work with great efficiency. The Ethiopian light railway has become a demonstration and benchmarking project.

Big money over here in the USA. One thing I like about living here is how much one can earn. Potential to rise up the ranks is there. And there is less "restrictive" work culture here than say in Japan.

It is also easier to fall into abject poverty even with graduate degrees.

China has got a long way to go。

China will accomplish more in the next 35 years than in the past 35 years。

Maybe but it has its own charm. Do most Chinese in China want their city to look like Shanghai? Skyscrapers are like cookie cutters, they look the same for the most part. Can the Chinese not build modern buildings with some Chinese architecture?

Three only in NanChang city :pop::D

1. “南昌之星 / NanChang Star” :smitten:
View attachment 211012
View attachment 211030

2. "秋水广场 / Music Fountain of QiuShui Square" :woot:
View attachment 211020
View attachment 211019
View attachment 211021
View attachment 211022

3. “滕王阁 / Pavilion of Prince Teng” :coffee:
View attachment 211025
View attachment 211040

3. “滕王阁 / Pavilion of Prince Teng” see the ying yang symbol, did Korea copy this with their flag?

:enjoy:

Maybe but it has its own charm. Do most Chinese in China want their city to look like Shanghai? Skyscrapers are like cookie cutters, they look the same for the most part. Can the Chinese not build modern buildings with some Chinese architecture?
Im afraid right now most China cities r building their own skyscrapers, for rest China cities ShangHai or ShenZhen is the developed city of benchmarking ... even NanChang development following ShangHai-mode. Now P.M Li's government promote to develop Tertiary Industry - Service Business inside China, there need more modern office buildings and plaza. Another reason is, our local governments still too depend on land trade ... selling & building lands.

3. “滕王阁 / Pavilion of Prince Teng” see the ying yang symbol, did Korea copy this with their flag?:enjoy:
It's the "Yin Yang" symbol of Chinese Taoism religion, different with ROK's flag. The Dragon&Tiger mountain of JiangXi province is birthland of Chinese Taoism, here in JiangXi u can see many "Yin Yang" symbols in everywhere.

Dragon&Tiger mountain, home of Chinese Taoism:
111.jpg

4100954734.jpg

liu_20071124000005.jpg

6B31D5FF516FBA11F3127E90A87DFECA.jpg

Last edited:
Urban area developed a lot,but the village need a long way to go(i mean inland..not east side..)I will send some photos this evening i took during the trip to the village of Hubei.

Post more pictures of Heilongjiang,bro.

Btw, there's a famous Northeastern song that's famous in Japan.

Its sung in the old Manchu dialect:

The name of the song is ; hargaxame wecere alin

:wub::wub:
Hello Mr/Ms Nipponese,

I registered this account because I thought I should say something here after seeing your post in a translated version of this thread on a Chinese racist website.

It's not suprising at all that this Manchu song is popular in Japan. The Japanese fond of the Manchu-Tungusic culture will seldomly be accepted by the Manchu-Tungusic peoples because this hobby originated from a group of ultranationalist (Net右翼) who classified peoples with their degree of closeness of Wa and love our Northeast hunter-gatherer cultures as a fork/primitive from of Wa culture. In such a perspective Ryukyuans are the best cousins and then comes Ainu, Karafuto islanders, Ebenki, Buriyatu, Nanai, Manshu and Chosen. Oops I forgot that the Chosens have been kicked out by your ultranationalists because they thought Chosen to be %^$^%#%&$*$%##& or whatever.

When finally this become an ethos and accepted by the vast majority innocent people such a fondness may seem harmless, but this is never true as the installers and maintainers of such favor are ill-intended. However, to their dispairness, the song Hargashame Wecere Alin is far from a well-established art eventhough people in such an ethos can hardly realize this. Akshan is a great forerunner to revive ulabun music but still that's just a start, an experiment. Another song of his, Shongkoro, is far better-established. Hargashame Wecere Alin became popular in Japan probably because they have seldomly heard any Manju-Tungusic songs, or, probably, because the ultranationalists chose it for its claim of a volcano on Sino-Korean border, which Korean nationalists also claims (as mentioned before, Chosen has been kicked out and the ultranationalists support Manshu).

The following song, sung by Ewengki singer Buyn probably in the Mongolian/Hamnigan language, may represent a more developed Northeast hunter-gather art.

triple double u dot kuwo dot cn slash yinyue slash 402238 (Newly registered users cannot post links)

Hello Mr/Ms Nipponese,

I registered this account because I thought I should say something here after seeing your post in a translated version of this thread on a Chinese racist website.

It's not suprising at all that this Manchu song is popular in Japan. The Japanese fond of the Manchu-Tungusic culture will seldomly be accepted by the Manchu-Tungusic peoples because this hobby originated from a group of ultranationalist (Net右翼) who classified peoples with their degree of closeness of Wa and love our Northeast hunter-gatherer cultures as a fork/primitive from of Wa culture. In such a perspective Ryukyuans are the best cousins and then comes Ainu, Karafuto islanders, Ebenki, Buriyatu, Nanai, Manshu and Chosen. Oops I forgot that the Chosens have been kicked out by your ultranationalists because they thought Chosen to be %^$^%#%&$*$%##& or whatever.

When finally this become an ethos and accepted by the vast majority innocent people such a fondness may seem harmless, but this is never true as the installers and maintainers of such favor are ill-intended. However, to their dispairness, the song Hargashame Wecere Alin is far from a well-established art eventhough people in such an ethos can hardly realize this. Akshan is a great forerunner to revive ulabun music but still that's just a start, an experiment. Another song of his, Shongkoro, is far better-established. Hargashame Wecere Alin became popular in Japan probably because they have seldomly heard any Manju-Tungusic songs, or, probably, because the ultranationalists chose it for its claim of a volcano on Sino-Korean border, which Korean nationalists also claims (as mentioned before, Chosen has been kicked out and the ultranationalists support Manshu).

The following song, sung by Ewengki singer Buyn probably in the Mongolian/Hamnigan language, may represent a more developed Northeast hunter-gather art.

triple double u dot kuwo dot cn slash yinyue slash 402238 (Newly registered users cannot post links)

Hello Sir / Ma'am,

I'm not so sure there is an affiliation between the popularity of the song to the appraisal by ultranationalists in Japan, the song mentioned is just an example of some Manchu songs that are popular in Japan. Well to be honest in Japan we have some Manchu people who migrated to Japan at the eve of the end of WWII. There where over 5 million Japanese who had colonized Manchukuo since 1931 and many native Manchurians were assimilated to the Japanese order and life, so when Japanese civilians left Manchurianfor Japan, several hundreds of thousands of Manchurians also left for Japan (as did several hundreds of thousands of Koreans who identified with Japanese than their own).

It is unknown how many Present day Japanese are of ethnic Manchu decent because many of the Manchukuojin adopted Japanese names when they came to Japan, however , they preserved their language and culture thus that's why some segments of Japanese society is fond of Manchu culture and songs.

Hello Mr/Ms Nipponese,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Twelve PRC's founders (in 1940s), but Deng XiaoPing not here :D

View attachment 215800
To the right of Mao Zhedong, is that a young Zhou Enlai?

:D

Hello Mr/Ms Nipponese,

殖民地态度有差,韩国厌恶日本,然而……满族的话……
想起来那句 宁与友邦勿与家奴 了 /w\ 简直就像某国网络右翼的逻辑……

印度不喜欢中国

去印度玩/印度很厉害,超过中国很容易(各种都出来了,简直让人目瞪口呆)
出现开始无视印度粪坑的状况,心里开心就好了。

英国人提醒日本历史观问题

这是中国五毛
明明都是捏造捏造捏造!
(某位南京受难者后裔成了中国小圈子网站的管理员,有一次翻译到日本否认南京屠杀的事义愤填膺。南京审判是说至少二十多万,中国三十万的数字有何?倒是给了日本人否认的借口了- -)
(外国史全是错的,反正就日本是对的对吧~怎么不想想,许多欧洲国家与日本无冤无仇甚至合作很好,也不会因体制不同而必须去说日本不是,为何不反思,是不是自己的欲盖弥彰太过分呢?不过美国的一位大官员的表亲被日本俘虏、杀掉,但是为了利益却不提历史了,欧洲倒是某感泛滥一点略吐槽了一下)

我觉得嘛。。日本人应该明白汉人(另外满还屠过回族屠过苗族)对满族情感微妙吧,为何挑出来说呢。
忽然又想起上次那个“guangdongguo”了,这个人真的很……有味呢,包装了的网络右翼吗……

At Second row, he is the 2nd person from right to left. That guy with pursed lips, is young Zhou EnLai.:P

Ah ! I see him now! I can always spot him in picture because of his eyebrows! Lol, kinda looks like my grandpa's eyebrows---- thick!

At Second row, he is the 2nd person from right to left. That guy with pursed lips, is young Zhou EnLai.:P

We can really tell how close he is to Mao , too. In the picture they are shoulder to shoulder!

殖民地态度有差,韩国厌恶日本,然而……满族的话……
想起来那句 宁与友邦勿与家奴 了 /w\ 简直就像某国网络右翼的逻辑……

印度不喜欢中国

去印度玩/印度很厉害,超过中国很容易(各种都出来了,简直让人目瞪口呆)
出现开始无视印度粪坑的状况,心里开心就好了。

英国人提醒日本历史观问题

这是中国五毛
明明都是捏造捏造捏造!
(某位南京受难者后裔成了中国小圈子网站的管理员,有一次翻译到日本否认南京屠杀的事义愤填膺。南京审判是说至少二十多万,中国三十万的数字有何?倒是给了日本人否认的借口了- -)
(外国史全是错的,反正就日本是对的对吧~怎么不想想,许多欧洲国家与日本无冤无仇甚至合作很好,也不会因体制不同而必须去说日本不是,为何不反思,是不是自己的欲盖弥彰太过分呢?不过美国的一位大官员的表亲被日本俘虏、杀掉,但是为了利益却不提历史了,欧洲倒是某感泛滥一点略吐槽了一下)

我觉得嘛。。日本人应该明白汉人(另外满还屠过回族屠过苗族)对满族情感微妙吧,为何挑出来说呢。
忽然又想起上次那个“guangdongguo”了,这个人真的很……有味呢,包装了的网络右翼吗……

Ne ga!

Please in English!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom