What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

The CCP's 1st military force born in NanChang city, a Heroes' Square to commemorate the history.

20081151331212049.jpg

南昌八一广场.jpg

Last edited:
China development is amazing indeed.
I'd like to ask though, why there are many young families that migrate to western countries?
I've some Chinese families as I would say my close friends, most of their answer is for the kids future (education especially)... and because of fierce competition in China workplace. Interestingly enough, most of them would like to spend their retirement in China (mainly because it's cheaper)
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
China development is amusing indeed.
I'd like to ask though, why there are many young families that migrate to western countries?
I've some Chinese families as I would say my close friends, most of their answer is for the kids future (education especially)... and because of fierce competition in China workplace. Interestingly enough, most of them would like to spend their retirement in China (mainly because it's cheaper)
What do you guys think?

I haven't seen any young families that migrated here as a family. I only know singles that came then got married. they're very different.

China development is amusing indeed.
What do you guys think?

Amusing? Amazing I thought it should be. Two kinds of people want to immigrate, corrupted officials, businessmen without background in China. Ok maybe the third group is students

Amusing? Amazing I thought it should be.

Sorry my bad, amazing!!!!!

Families that I've known is professional workers from big companies in China.

Two kinds of people want to immigrate, corrupted officials, businessmen or "losers" without background in China.

What do you mean without background in China?

Never seen those types. Maybe me and you have different definition of "young". My definition of "young" is under 30. I don't know of a single couple under 30 that migrated as a family overseas.

What do you mean without background in China?

I don't know how to describe. I call it strong social network based on interest exchange. If you don't have such network, you will feel it hard to work or do business.

还有一部分,是被好莱坞和精英们洗脑了,把国外描绘的跟天堂似的。

他们去国外呆呆就知道了,中国还是我们的归属。

China development is amazing indeed.
What do you guys think?
my family have a close friend couple migrated to Canada but they are not 'young' nor do they keep doing their profession there. generally speaking they've always been the world citizen type and was tired of the fast pace of life in South China seeking for more peaceful lifestyle.

the education part is also true though, it's much much easier to get into top-ranked Western universities if you grow up there than say... apply from China as an international student.

most of my friends who are graduating in the States are coming back to China with some staying for relationships or for the 'once in a life time' kind job opportunity.

I think of young families as a couple with little kid(s) up to primary school age
humm... the couple i mentioned can fit into this category.

I think of young families as a couple with little kid(s) up to primary school age

So they are actually mid 30's early 40's. That's not young. When I think of young, i think of just got married in mid or late 20's.

Forget the past 35 years. Just think about the rapid development the Chinese made in the Past 15 years alone! In 2001, most PLAAF aircraft flew j-6 and J-7 (derived from Mig-21) to defend much China's airspace. We all know about the Hinan island incident in 2001, where an US navy recon plane was surveying the coastal installations in S.China and was intercepted by an young PLAAF pilot who crashed in the US navy plane. Such an incident would not likely to happen today because the technological parity between China and the USA is closing every year. Just engineering an large lift aircraft like the Y-20 aircraft would have been impossible for Chinese developers just 20 years ago. But Chinese need to seriously improve their engine technology IMO!

Dark side after 35 years of development ...

China: Luxury cars wrecked in racing collision - CNN.com

Luxury cars wrecked in 'Fast and Furious' collision

Untitled16.png

Hong Kong (CNN)A Lamborghini was allegedly racing a Ferrari on the streets of Beijing when it lost control, plowing into a tunnel wall and a road divider. Miraculously, only one passenger was injured.

The crash happened late Saturday evening in Datun Road tunnel near the landmark "Bird's Nest" Olympic stadiumin the capital city, according to state media reports.

The Lamborghini driver, identified only by his last name, Tang, was trying to overtake the Ferrari when it lost control. The car veered to the side, tearing off chunks of wall paneling before ramming into a divider.

The Beijing Traffic Management Bureau posted on its official microblogging account, Weibo, saying that both drivers have been detained by police on suspicion of dangerous driving.

According to investigation reports, the drivers, who are both young and unemployed, were driving at 160 kilometers per hour.

They also confirmed that one passenger inside the Lamborghini was injured.

The collision left the front of the Lamborghini completely wrecked, while the Ferrari suffered damage to its side and rear.

The wreckage resembled what looked like scenes from the Hollywood blockbuster franchise "The Fast and the Furious," -- the latest installment premiered on Beijing cinema screens just hours after the crash.

Untitled17.png

Police investigate the wreckage of the totaled Lamborghini.

Police officers are still trying to reconstruct the incident at the scene, but so far the evidence has raised more questions than answers.

Both drivers were found to belong to the same automobile club, Xinhua news agency quoted the Beijing News as saying.

There were no skid marks indicating the drivers tried to brake, and witness accounts said a group of seven to eight young men were found at the scene of the crash "looking helpless" and trying to stop passersby from taking photos.

According to the South China Morning Post, locals have long complained about drivers gathering to hold races at night in the tunnel, which is in a mostly residential area.

Historic photos of 60-year changes in "August 1" Square of NanChang city

1950s
1950s.jpg

1959 National Day
1959_1.jpg

1959_2.jpg

1960s Cultural Revolution
1960s.jpg

1976 Before China economic reform
1976.jpg

1978 built the "August 1" monument
1978.jpg