What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

27 water conservation projects planned, half in western regions
By Chen Heying Source:Global Times Published: 2015-4-1

China plans to build 27 major water conservation projects in 2015, with about half concentrated in western regions, in an attempt to promote urbanization, water resources authorities said on Tuesday.

"The amount of investment in major water conservation projects will be further increased this year, compared with the 488 billion yuan ($79.74 billion) last year," Jiao Yong, deputy head of China's Ministry of Water Resources, told a press conference Tuesday.

"The water conservation projects will help expand China's domestic demand and support economic growth," Jiao noted.

They are part of China's plan for 172 water conservation projects.

Jiao said a batch of small and medium reservoirs is expected to be built in counties and small cities to ensure urbanization due to their surging populations.

2014 saw the launch of 17 projects, 10 of which were constructed in the west.

Jiao cited the Jiayan reservoir in Bijie county, Southwest China's Guizhou Province as an example. With an investment of 18.3 billion yuan, the project not only guarantees urban water supply but also alleviates the county's environmental concerns following soil erosions.

The government pledged to further increase land compensation and resettlement allowance to those who relocate over water conservation projects.

Meanwhile, Jia promised to carefully study the western route of the south-to-north water diversion project that feeds the thirsty Northwest and North China, including Gansu Province and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, "with water conservation as a priority."

Beijing has received more than 100 million cubic meters of water from the south since December 12, when water was diverted from Hubei Province to Beijing, Jiao said.

"It is too early to evaluate the effectiveness of the middle route of the mega project because it's only been four months since it began … I am confident that the project will play a dominant role in the economic development of northern China," Jiao said.

27 water conservation projects planned, half in western regions
By Chen Heying Source:Global Times Published: 2015-4-1

China plans to build 27 major water conservation projects in 2015, with about half concentrated in western regions, in an attempt to promote urbanization, water resources authorities said on Tuesday.

"The amount of investment in major water conservation projects will be further increased this year, compared with the 488 billion yuan ($79.74 billion) last year," Jiao Yong, deputy head of China's Ministry of Water Resources, told a press conference Tuesday.

"The water conservation projects will help expand China's domestic demand and support economic growth," Jiao noted.

They are part of China's plan for 172 water conservation projects.

Jiao said a batch of small and medium reservoirs is expected to be built in counties and small cities to ensure urbanization due to their surging populations.

2014 saw the launch of 17 projects, 10 of which were constructed in the west.

Jiao cited the Jiayan reservoir in Bijie county, Southwest China's Guizhou Province as an example. With an investment of 18.3 billion yuan, the project not only guarantees urban water supply but also alleviates the county's environmental concerns following soil erosions.

The government pledged to further increase land compensation and resettlement allowance to those who relocate over water conservation projects.

Meanwhile, Jia promised to carefully study the western route of the south-to-north water diversion project that feeds the thirsty Northwest and North China, including Gansu Province and Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, "with water conservation as a priority."

Beijing has received more than 100 million cubic meters of water from the south since December 12, when water was diverted from Hubei Province to Beijing, Jiao said.

"It is too early to evaluate the effectiveness of the middle route of the mega project because it's only been four months since it began … I am confident that the project will play a dominant role in the economic development of northern China," Jiao said.

Yes, most of the water preservation projects are in central-western China.

W020110813697585786707.jpg
1318123889400.jpg

Well ... i wanna talk about the Dark Side of China rapid development during past years. As far as my experiences ...

1. Unfair development between CPC family and normal Chinese family ... usually they have the Power & People Network to easily get more wealth ... "GuanXi / Relationship" is still the most important thing between officers and rich ppl when doing business in China.

2. Lack effective supervision system, more rapid development and more corruption found, especially senior CPC members. The only difference from other developing nations ... it's corrupted Chinese officers they taking money and doing jobs much more efficient, never delay any schedule in China & building quality also will affect their prospects. Right now they work very well but CCP still can't effectively get rid of CORRUPTION.

3. Property bubble, we(CHINA) r experiencing 1990s Japan Housing bubbles ... recent Six years China house price rise up more than double times, much higher than average earning of local Chinese family. In some 1st-tier big cities of China, the house more becoming the luxury with 1~3million RMB price, in 2nd-tier middle cities their selling price also near 10,000 RMB/m2 ... Currently property bubbles boost China rapid development but also kipnap whole China economy. If real property hard-landing, no doubt it will threat China economy development like end of 1990s Japan Housing bubbles. CPC government try to avoid our property price fall down quickly, but higher house price will hurt many normal Chinese families.

Well ... i wanna talk about the Dark Side of China rapid development during past years. As far as my experiences ...

1. Unfair development between CPC family and normal Chinese family ... usually they have the Power & People Network to easily get more wealth ... "GuanXi / Relationship" is still the most important thing between officers and rich ppl when doing business in China.

2. Lack effective supervision system, more rapid development and more corruption found, especially senior CPC members. The only difference from other developing nations ... it's corrupted Chinese officers they taking money and doing jobs much more efficient, never delay any schedule in China & building quality also will affect their prospects. Right now they work very well but CCP still can't effectively get rid of CORRUPTION.

3. Property bubble, we(CHINA) r experiencing 1990s Japan Housing bubbles ... recent Six years China house price rise up more than double times, much higher than average earning of local Chinese family. In some 1st-tier big cities of China, the house more becoming the luxury with 1~3million RMB price, in 2nd-tier middle cities their selling price also near 10,000 RMB/m2 ... Currently property bubbles boost China rapid development but also kipnap whole China economy. If real property hard-landing, no doubt it will threat China economy development like end of 1990s Japan Housing bubbles. CPC government try to avoid our property price fall down quickly, but higher house price will hurt many normal Chinese families.

1. The west is also corrupted in this sense. How it work is they hire the same group of people to do the work base on connection. Ie. Where I live the city infrastructure unioninzed companies are primarily run by Italian Canadians. They always win the bid and you will be hard pressed to find a Chinese working in city infrastructure.

2. In Canada, the supervision is really a joke. the bulk of the corruption stems from the government hiring "consultants" to do feasibility analysis and environomental studies to see if the its feasible. The fees paid to these connected consultants are exuberant and the studies last a long time because in here we call it "milking the cow" until she has no milk. Afterwards, the supervisors in charge of the project are overpaid and the project always exceed the cost of the bid and always delay. It's fxxking bull shit. At least you guys get the job done on time and on budget.

3. Cannot compare to Vancouver or Toronto. An average detached house is $1m CAD (7m RMB) in Toronto.

1. The west is also corrupted in this sense. How it work is they hire the same group of people to do the work base on connection. Ie. Where I live the city infrastructure unioninzed companies are primarily run by Italian Canadians. They always win the bid and you will be hard pressed to find a Chinese working in city infrastructure.

2. In Canada, the supervision is really a joke. the bulk of the corruption stems from the government hiring "consultants" to do feasibility analysis and environomental studies to see if the its feasible. The fees paid to these connected consultants are exuberant and the studies last a long time because in here we call it "milking the cow" until she has no milk. Afterwards, the supervisors in charge of the project are overpaid and the project always exceed the cost of the bid and always delay. It's fxxking bull shit. At least you guys get the job done on time and on budget.

3. Cannot compare to Vancouver or Toronto. An average detached house is $1m CAD (7m RMB) in Toronto.
Maybe we have the same problem ... i just wish future China can solve the three problems well, and let us develop further.
China as the 1st biggest developing nation, we have no reason to duplicate what we have here ... facing internal issues, need new reforms from the inside out to improve system & make China stronger.

Our economy need development, our system also need improvement ... both all good for China & Chinese family.
W020130803623520972104.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is full of communist propaganda.

Better not to visit again next time.

I think I get an headache, may be I should take a rest a bit.

Chinese energy firm launches solar innovation competition
April 02, 2015

FOREIGN201504020924000291251982480.jpg

(GT/Chen Xia)

MILAN, April 1 -- Gao Peng, chief technology officer at Hanergy Holding Group, used to bean industrial designer 10 years ago before he showed a strong interest into the solar industry.

"With the development of solar technology we can do a lot of things," Gao said, adding his interest had made him a successful professional in the solar industry.

To inspire more young people to be engaged in the industry, the company has launched the"thin film solar product global innovation competition" in several categories including construction and transportation products, home and outdoors, and solar powered vehicles.

Winners will receive prize money ranging of up to 1 million RMB (161,352 U.S dollars), and be offered sponsorship, large-scale production support, profit-sharing and employment opportunities.

"I want all of these students to have a passion for a solar dream," Gao said, addressing an audience of students, researchers and professionals at the Milan Polytechnic, whose design department is the Italian partner of the contest.

Headquartered in Hong Kong, Hanergy is a high-tech energy company confident that thin film -- second generation solar cells made by depositing one or more thin layers of photovoltaic material on a substrate such as glass, plastic or metal -- will determine the future of energy.

Any Chinese been to Taipei ? I'd like to go there after reunification. Our cities will surpass Taipei's after 2020, their current system is halting their economic growth.

Whaaat....???

Seriously? You called every Chinese members here communists?

Well said bro. While point #3, property bubble, is a pure economic issue which is arguable from various schools of thoughts (has a lot to do with macroscopic monetary policy, outdated Forex control policy, seriously underdeveloped financial sector, government revenue/spendings, etc., it is quite different from Japan's scenario), point #1 and #2 are both related to one single factor - social & political structure. Questions:

1) The title of this thread says well, rapid development in economic sector over the "past 35 years", not 65 years, so what incident exactly took place 35 years ago that had made a huge difference?

2) If today's progress is obviously not satisfactory especially in social & political sector, what should China learn from that incident that took place 35 years ago, and what kind of reform is needed now for the next 35 years? Does the people of China, CPC included, now has the courage, like 35 years ago, to make another historical & game-changing reform?

Last edited:

"How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?"

LOL ... finally can not adopt the truth of mainland cities of China rapid development during past 35 years ... all Chinese members post here r real experiences of our families, it's 1st source from our views to the rapid development. Whatever like or dislike, truth is the TRUTH.:coffee:

Millions of Chinese families living in high-rise garden community、 Millions private cars running on the road each day、Hundreds of skyscrapers built up in cities、Normal Chinese ppl r enjoying subways / high-speed trains / airlines etc ... here China development never stop.

This is the CHINA, this is our daily life.

Last edited:
I admire China's current administration, this mechanism is nothing new compared to the ancient Chinese counterparts. As long as CPC is a representative of Chinese values, I will strongly support. If CPC gives up and resorts to communist fundamentalism, I'll immigrant immediately.

Which province are you in? West China troll, central China troll, costal troll or Northeast troll?:china:

A new generation of Chinese will control China in the near future.

These people don't have any connection with communist and will think, there will be no reason why to keep the communist name.

They will restored China as it should be.

Assuming that Taiwan will not yet fall into the democracy fascism, there will be reunification.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom