What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

I was banned 1 week by Hu songshan because make my own comment about the competitiveness in global workshops in this thread.
Is it funny?

I agree that Shanghai living standard is high, but if you consider high price houses as high living standard, it's not.
I call that as high living cost.

Same too, Hongkong, Singapore .... @Lux de Veritas
I feel sorry for you and your other compatriots...this forum was less fun without you guys...

@Yizhi @cnleio

Other than downtown houses, Shenzhen have a lot of house parks too, mostly planned & concentrated in 4 districts:
  • Yantian 盐田别墅区 <--- a bit old good rental market (if you buy for steady investment)
  • Nanshan 南山别墅区 <--- best environment
  • Baoan 宝安别墅区 <--- close to Baoan Airotroplis, nice growth potential
  • Mission Hill 观澜湖高尔夫别墅区 <--- my favorite
View attachment 207488 View attachment 207489 View attachment 207490

Huizhou is too far, you can pick one near you!
Such House in ur pics belongs to the luxury ... not can affored by normal Chinese family, most of us living in modern high-rise house of big city, some living in modern suburban community ... whatever in China or America, i think such over Two Million money house is not built for most ppl inside nation only for the rich.

Below is our standard high-rise house can adopted by most Chinese family, cost 400,000RMB ~ 1,800,000RMB by different house size & location.
06655289431281699452799_000.jpg

20101125134421_mmsoyqtg.jpg

Last edited:
Such House in ur pics belongs to the luxury ... not can affored by normal Chinese family, most of us living in modern high-rise house of big city, some living in modern suburban community ... whatever in China or America, i think such over Two Million money house is not built for most ppl inside nation only for the rich.

Below is our standard high-rise house can adopted by most Chinese family, cost 400,000RMB ~ 1,800,000RMB by different house size & location.
View attachment 208929
View attachment 208930

Describe your apartment to everyone pls. Did you visit Hongkong? Accommodation there is very expensive right?

Playing piano is nice. Korean children used to be crazy about that.

Yes bro. In hi-density Shanghai downtown, overwhelming majority of residence are high-rise buildings. For ordinary non-luxury apartments, average price is around RMB 40,000-60,000 per sqm (US$ 7,000-10,000 per sqm), average apartment price in the 2nd hand market now around US$ 800K-1.5M. Data from a popular site 【房地产门户|房地产网】- 搜房网 房天下

Untitled.png

The ordinary downtown residential district in Shanghai look like this:

20120718173620.jpg
1302508442.jpg
20121020143029325.jpg
sh201311251040997460.jpg

And for a carpark in residential area, average market price is RMB 200,000-500,000 (US$ 34,000-83,000) each. Since Shanghai is a typical hi-density city, usually carparks are built underground.

7561b433h9f955e2a6a1e&690.jpg
12991630_8101n.jpg
4db277cbx9bfa5862e84e&690.jpg

Last edited:
Describe your apartment to everyone pls. Did you visit Hongkong? Accommodation there is very expensive right?

HongKong's house price is much higher than mainland of China & smaller house size for many family.

Not Chinese and never been to China but I remember back in the 1990s China was really a nobody, then things started to grown slowly. Even going into the 2000's China seemed average at best. Economically it was doing okay, militarily it was not too impressive. I think around 2005 or so the economy started really growing, i would have never imagined in my wildest dreams that any country can get so wealthy in such a short amount of time. Equally as impressive is Chinese military growth, it seems like new military equipment is being developed each year and i think everyone is and was surprised how fast the Chinese military and military complex grew.

405362555800.jpg

my family's community, the plant is nice, perfect for after dinner walk.

there is a small man-made lake with lots of colorful carps 锦鲤 in it:
upload_2015-3-30_15-41-1.png

they look delicious...lol.

The park near my apartment, downtown Hankou of Wuhan City, Central China
100,000yuan in 2001, now worth 2million yuan, linked by Metro Line2, will have Line 3 this year and Line 6 next year.
屏幕快照 2015-03-30 16.10.35.png

My another apartment in suburban Wuhan, will be linked by Metro Line 3 late this year!
Half a million yuan, now worth 0.8 million yuan, after metro Line 3 is open, it will increase to at least 1 million.
屏幕快照 2015-03-30 16.11.29.png

A Wanda Plaza(shopping mall, cinema, supermarket, etc) just outside this colony, an ideal place for those who have just migrated to the city but cannot afford pricey apartments in the downtown.
屏幕快照 2015-03-30 16.11.02.png

Aliyun unveils platform for start-up entrepreneurs
2015-03-30

(ECNS) -- Chinese Internet giant Alibaba Group's subsidiary Aliyun announced the launch of a platform for startup companies on Sunday, with the aim of building China's largest online platform to assist new entrepreneurs.

More than 30 venture capital firms, 20 business incubators and 20 providers of developer tools, distribution and promotion services have joined the platform, the company said, adding that tens of billions of yuan would be invested to foster millions of startups.

Aliyun's operations center general manager Yang Ming said, "Technology is changing the world. Startup entrepreneurs are those who have dreams and work hard to make their creative ideas come true through the power of technology. We hope to provide some assistance to them."

To begin with, the platform would offer free offices in five cities, namely Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Shenzhen and Hangzhou, for startup entrepreneurs, it was added.

Aliyun is planning to attract more members to the platform to cover all main Chinese cities, and promises to offer cloud computing resources and free training worth 30,000 to 400,000 yuan ($4,800-64,400) to every entrepreneur.

Also on Sunday, the company and about 50 venture capital firms and business incubators jointly held a venture summit in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province.

Aliyun unveils platform for start-up entrepreneurs
2015-03-30

(ECNS) -- Chinese Internet giant Alibaba Group's subsidiary Aliyun announced the launch of a platform for startup companies on Sunday, with the aim of building China's largest online platform to assist new entrepreneurs.

More than 30 venture capital firms, 20 business incubators and 20 providers of developer tools, distribution and promotion services have joined the platform, the company said, adding that tens of billions of yuan would be invested to foster millions of startups.

Aliyun's operations center general manager Yang Ming said, "Technology is changing the world. Startup entrepreneurs are those who have dreams and work hard to make their creative ideas come true through the power of technology. We hope to provide some assistance to them."

To begin with, the platform would offer free offices in five cities, namely Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Shenzhen and Hangzhou, for startup entrepreneurs, it was added.

Aliyun is planning to attract more members to the platform to cover all main Chinese cities, and promises to offer cloud computing resources and free training worth 30,000 to 400,000 yuan ($4,800-64,400) to every entrepreneur.

Also on Sunday, the company and about 50 venture capital firms and business incubators jointly held a venture summit in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province.
Wuhan is the only one in the interior!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom