What's new

How China builds these, and why India never does

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest difference between china and India is the ease of land acquisition.In China the government can forcefully take away land and build malls , airports so and so forth .Basic human rights are not respected there.Whereas in India a small group of farmers can bring a multi billion dollar project to a grinding halt.The Chinese model is that of a fast hare and the Indian model is that of a slow tortoise.We all know who wins at the end.The Chinese system is opague and there are many faults.Trust me , Chinese bubble will burst in a decade or so.

Its just a matter of 9-10 years....India is enjoying same economic status(in percapita terms as well) as China did in 2002-2004
1978 reforms in China yielded output in mid 90s.......the same way we are getting benefits of 91 reforms after 2006
Let ppl speak against us .... I m pretty sure that we will be having totally new India around 2025

The biggest difference between china and India is the ease of land acquisition.In China the government can forcefully take away land and build malls , airports so and so forth .Basic human rights are not respected there.Whereas in India a small group of farmers can bring a multi billion dollar project to a grinding halt.The Chinese model is that of a fast hare and the Indian model is that of a slow tortoise.We all know who wins at the end.The Chinese system is opague and there are many faults.Trust me , Chinese bubble will burst in a decade or so.

do you know what bubble is in economy? don't play I say what others say tricks.

or try to compare your economy with China, see which bubble is bigger than the others. China might beat you at all field in economic data. tortoise? fairy tale is not reality, we are living in 21th century, wake up and face it.

Thanks for putting it into very correct way...But Sorry to say… these Chinese and Pakistani will never understand.

India 20 years behind china. its truth.

but the situation is changing fast. liquid has posted images of new beautiful Mumbai which has tall buildings as its pride

its lie that India doesn't have mega structures. problem is slow pace of development. India is overcoming this problem.
Tehri dam
Tehri_dam_india.jpg

The dam is a 260 metres (850 ft) high rock and earth-fill embankment dam. Its length is 575 metres (1,886 ft), crest width 20 metres (66 ft), and base width 1,128 metres (3,701 ft). The dam creates a reservoir of 2.6 cubic kilometres (2,100,000 acre·ft) with a surface area of 52 square kilometres (20 sq mi). The installed hydrocapacity is 1,000 MW along with an additional 1,000 MW of pumped storage hydroelectricity.

The Tehri Dam and the Tehri Pumped Storage Hydroelectric Power Plant are part of the Tehri Hydropower Complex which also includes the 400 MW Koteshwar Dam downstream.[1] The complex will afford irrigation to an area of 270,000 hectares (670,000 acres), irrigation stabilization to an area of 600,000 hectares (1,500,000 acres), and a supply of 270 million gallons of drinking water per day to the industrialized areas of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...xb2IBA&usg=AFQjCNHfD-N3AGr-MIjrZ-AiKYwP2td8Fw

do you know what bubble is in economy? don't play I say what others say tricks.

or try to compare your economy with China, see which bubble is bigger than the others. China might beat you at all field in economic data. tortoise? fairy tale is not reality, we are living in 21th century, wake up and face it.
I am well awake and thanks for your concern!!!As our PM said the other day the Chinese system is opaque.They often tend to exaggerate figures.No one knows what the hell is going on in the country.On the face of it everything is rosy and good .new airports ,train stations etc.But there are deep problems within , which few people in the "free" world know.I was just reading an article the other day where it was written that the high speed rail network that they have build is not at all profitable.But on the face of it everything looks fine.As i mentioned above the basic difference is the type of government.We are a democracy and they are authoritarian .In India any foreign news reporter can come and show our slums in full detail.Where as in China you show anything wrong about their country to the outside world they will throw you out.don't be under the impression that everything is rosy and good there.there are deep problems

What a dumb thread to highlight what we have not built more that what China has built.
It is high time, some people get this right. We are not the most efficient governing system and no democracy is. But we prefere democracy to loss of freedom.

I am well awake and thanks for your concern!!!As our PM said the other day the Chinese system is opaque.They often tend to exaggerate figures.No one knows what the hell is going on in the country.On the face of it everything is rosy and good .new airports ,train stations etc.But there are deep problems within , which few people in the "free" world know.I was just reading an article the other day where it was written that the high speed rail network that they have build is not at all profitable.But on the face of it everything looks fine.As i mentioned above the basic difference is the type of government.We are a democracy and they are authoritarian .In India any foreign news reporter can come and show our slums in full detail.Where as in China you show anything wrong about their country to the outside world they will throw you out.don't be under the impression that everything is rosy and good there.there are deep problems

that's because China has no those SLUMs like what we've seen here.

and you do think the India outdated railway system are profitable? or less in deficit than China's high speed rail system? You PM's suspecting China's growth is a miracle and other people could also think you PM's intelligence is a miracle.

hey guys please have a look at post number 145 and 147

and you do think the India outdated railway system are profitable? or less in deficit than China's high speed rail system? You PM's suspecting China's growth is a miracle and other people could also think you PM's intelligence is a miracle.
That's where people make the mistake.There are slums and polluted rivers so on and so forth in China. But no one outside knows about them.People tend to think everything is so good.Leave Shanghai or Beijing and go deeper into the countryside and you can feel the anger inside .All the outside world sees is Shanghai and Beijing with all the tall towers etc .Corruption is as rampant in China as in India.And i think it would be better if you stop talking about our PM.

That's where people make the mistake.There are slums and polluted rivers so on and so forth in China. But no one outside knows about them.People tend to think everything is so good.Leave Shanghai or Beijing and go deeper into the countryside and you can feel the anger inside .All the outside world sees is Shanghai and Beijing with all the tall towers etc .Corruption is as rampant in China as in India.And i think it would be better if you stop talking about our PM.

mr. cute smarti, check up one page back, see who's brought your cherished PM up in this thread first?

hey guys please have a look at post number 145 and 147

You don't have to post about individual projects.There are huge projects going on in the country everywhere.Whether it is the world's biggest nuclear plant at Jaitapur or the world's highest railway bridge in Kashmir .I can list thee names of at least 20-25 mega projects right now.But no matter how much you do these people will not understand.The Chinese will be in denial mode and the Pakistanis will not agree due to obvious reasons.

Are u sure China has no Slum??? Or you (Reporters) are not allowed to show them?? Have yo heard of "Communist Curtain"?? Every thing is hidden under communist curtain, No one knows what is inside it... Chinese media is under govt control, So you see what communist china want to show, we listen what chinese govt want us to listen, We read what chinese govt want us to read...

We are Behind china, but not much behind, its media hype...

Are u sure China has no Slum??? Or you (Reporters) are not allowed to show them?? Have yo heard of "Communist Curtain"?? Every thing is hidden under communist curtain, No one knows what is inside it... Chinese media is under govt control, So you see what communist china want to show, we listen what chinese govt want us to listen, We read what chinese govt want us to read...

We are Behind china, but not much behind, its media hype...

you have a brain of 70s``'communist curtain' lol```you are free to travel in china and you can 'explore' the 'curtain' in china``poor thing has no idea what coming out your mouth. yet pretending you know stuff about China, which is becoming 'No1' bashing topic of your bollyWOODs style of india media`:D

but when i'm going to india every time, i actually do see lots of 'interesting' things that most of indian memeber here denying to their death``lol

my advise have a trip to other countries to see the real picuture by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom