What's new

How China builds these, and why India never does

Status
Not open for further replies.
China builds things that would catch the notice of the world.

They have to prove a point that they also exist.

Many of their wonders are merely symbolic though impressive, like the ghost town or the Three Gorges that is replacing the Hwango Ho in its record to devastate the countryside.

To think it is important to have the world's "largest", "longest" and "highest" whatever is just another form of a penis-size contest in my humble opinion... :rolleyes:

More important is that things work, are durable and cost-effective. And as Chinese-build railway roads and other infrastructure in Africa crumble, it seems the Chinese still have a way to go. ;) (India has a longer way though imo)

That doesn't mean the Chinese can't built good high-tech, high-quality wares, I think the times of China as the "cheap crap"-factory of the world is ending fast, but to have the "biggest" something really isn't an indicator of anything, except pride..

Also, you stole the magnetic train technology from Siemens - a German company - because they foolishly thought they would "partner up" with you and showed the Chinese their blueprints. So don't brag with stolen tech..

that's because China has no those SLUMs like what we've seen here.

and you do think the India outdated railway system are profitable? or less in deficit than China's high speed rail system? You PM's suspecting China's growth is a miracle and other people could also think you PM's intelligence is a miracle.

Do you know WHY China has no slums? Even western European nations have slums...

And actually, Indian railway is profitable. I do understand what you mean though. But India should wait till PCI of average Indian is like 3000 dollar before going for such costly projects.

To think it is important to have the world's "largest", "longest" and "highest" whatever is just another form of a penis-size contest in my humble opinion... :rolleyes:

More important is that things work, are durable and cost-effective. And as Chinese-build railway roads and other infrastructure in Africa crumble, it seems the Chinese still have a way to go. ;) (India has a longer way though imo)

That doesn't mean the Chinese can't built good high-tech, high-quality wares, I think the times of China as the "cheap crap"-factory of the world is ending fast, but to have the "biggest" something really isn't an indicator of anything, except pride..

Also you stole the magnetic train technology from Siemens - a German company - because they foolishly thought they would "partner up" with you and showed the Chinese their blueprints. So don't brag with stolen tech..

EXACTLY!!! Finally some sanity! Unfortunately not from an Indian.

What a dumb thread to highlight what we have not built more that what China has built.
It is high time, some people get this right. We are not the most efficient governing system and no democracy is. But we prefere democracy to loss of freedom.

Many forms of Government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

Winston Churchill

The biggest difference between china and India is the ease of land acquisition.In China the government can forcefully take away land and build malls , airports so and so forth .Basic human rights are not respected there.Whereas in India a small group of farmers can bring a multi billion dollar project to a grinding halt.The Chinese model is that of a fast hare and the Indian model is that of a slow tortoise.We all know who wins at the end.The Chinese system is opague and there are many faults.Trust me , Chinese bubble will burst in a decade or so.

Read my links. The government in China cannot even cut down a tree if there is opposition. College students and old people brought a billion dollar subway in Nanjing to a halt. Indian government can kick slumdwellers out onto the street and bulldoze their entire life in seconds, for what? Commonwealth cames facial engineering.

Also, you stole the magnetic train technology from Siemens - a German company - because they foolishly thought they would "partner up" with you and showed the Chinese their blueprints. So don't brag with stolen tech..

Sue China then. If your case is right it'll force the Chinese company to pay you millions of dollars in damages.

Cisco tried. The case got thrown out of court. Motorola tried. It backfired and THEY were forced to pay hundreds of millions to Huawei.

Maglev isn't stolen. The Maglev in fact is clearly labled as a GERMAN technology project.

Sue China then. If your case is right it'll force the Chinese company to pay you millions of dollars in damages.

Cisco tried. The case got thrown out of court. Motorola tried. It backfired and THEY were forced to pay hundreds of millions to Huawei.

Maglev isn't stolen. The Maglev in fact is clearly labled as a GERMAN technology project.

unfortunate for them to try it in chinese court..

unfortunate for them to try it in chinese court..

Cisco's case was thrown out of US court, because it was so obvious they were liars that even US judges couldn't say Cisco was right.
Same for Motorola, their case was so horrible that even US judges were unable to manipulate the data to suit them and were forced to judge them guilty.

China has those huge project? here's why, you just need to use your stubborn head which you seldom do after WWII.

China is a huge country, not like Germany, a size equals to a middle-sided Chinese province.

BBC has a good documentary called "man made marvels", there are answers. those largest, highest, longest projects make sense to facilitate an efficient and social-welfared society. China know itself well and lacking of american style innovative spirits, but that can be remedied by a more efficient economic body. Chinese average income cannot be as high as western nations, but those infrastructure serve as a subsidy to those in adverse situation. my chinese friend told me in Beijing you are close to a free city transportation if you buy a city pass card(something like that? please confirm someone)

Cisco's case was thrown out of US court, because it was so obvious they were liars that even US judges couldn't say Cisco was right.
Same for Motorola, their case was so horrible that even US judges were unable to manipulate the data to suit them and were forced to judge them guilty.

Siemens, is such a notorious briber in the world, so to speak. their quality sucks. in Japan few people buy Siemens products.

China has those huge project? here's why, you just need to use your stubborn head which you seldom do after WWII.

China is a huge country, not like Germany, a size equals to a middle-sided Chinese province.

BBC has a good documentary called "man made marvels", there are answers. those largest, highest, longest projects make sense to facilitate an efficient and social-welfared society. China know itself well and lacking of american style innovative spirits, but that can be remedied by a more efficient economic body. Chinese average income cannot be as high as western nations, but those infrastructure serve as a subsidy to those in adverse situation. my chinese friend told me in Beijing you are close to a free city transportation if you buy a city pass card(something like that? please confirm someone)

Not free. Bus rides are 2 RMB to get on. Same for subway. It costs hundreds of RMB per month to go anywhere.

Lol look at the thanks 90%are of pakistani lol enjoying other achivments well what ever china has a eco of 5 trillion we have 1.7 china has less coruption or till some extent no corruption chinese men work harder (my personal thoughts)

There is your answer! China is 3 India put together! So largest, bigger and tallest doesn't even apply. This thread shouldn't even exist!

Siemens, is such a notorious briber in the world, so to speak. their quality sucks. in Japan few people buy Siemens products.

You do not actually know the core business of Siemens, do you!!?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Read my links. The government in China cannot even cut down a tree if there is opposition. College students and old people brought a billion dollar subway in Nanjing to a halt. Indian government can kick slumdwellers out onto the street and bulldoze their entire life in seconds, for what? Commonwealth cames facial engineering.

Lie lie lie 50 times and it becomes truth! China lesson number one 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom