What's new

How can we get the Iranian Air Force to buy new fighter jets?

Iranian airforce is not professional force.. They only believes on Allah...Only Allah can save them..
Don't worry....
But you have professional navy...

It is not IRIAF's fault at all. Iran is sanctioned, and purchase of fighters is not possible, unless mullahs change their crazy behavior and became civilized.

They can buy through a third party, I remember how Iran got Pakistan Sabres from West Germany when Pakistan faced sanctions.

Dollar for Dollar and what fire power it delivers, JF-17 is a great buy and considering the number of hardpoints that can be used to mate most destructive armament, it can improve Iran's Air Force destructive Power

Don't tell me, Ankara is a Persian word also...

I don't know what does it mean in Russian but I know , it doesn't have any meaning in Persian !

@vostok ... Ankara ! :D

Iranian airforce is not professional force.. They only believes on Allah...Only Allah can save them..
Don't worry....
But you have professional navy...

Don't worry kid ... We are going to make American pilots believe in Allah !

I know most; if not all, of the Iranian brothers feel proud in their R&D achievements and they should be; however there is no need to re-invent the wheel and waste valuable time and resources in it. It will be ideal to buy and integrate anything IF AND WHEN available.

I mentioned this before in some Iranian thread that this is the best time for Iran to get Fighters from Russia. Yes, the Russians did not deliver on signed contracts but this is a different WORLD now. In the current Ukraine standoff between West and Russia; Russia will do anything to increase its influence and exports. US is soon going to sanction them more on the standoff and will try to corner it. This is the best time for Iran to get its urgent Air Force needs met.

Although for IRAN; SAM's, Cruise and Ballistic Missiles will be a good defense/offense against a Nato+Israel onslaught but against a unilateral Israeli threat a good Air Force will make sure the Israelis think 10 times before launching any surprise attack.

Now Iran already has Mig29 in its fleet and has managed to keep it airborne. Plus the Mikoyan corp is also desperately looking for buyers. So, on fast track basis Iran can order more Mig35 from Russia and get their current fleet upgraded as well with local assembly, overhaul and maintenance rights. For the long term Su30 will be an excellent replacement of the F14 and can even threaten to take the fight back to Israeli boundaries with its long range and weapons load.

I know most; if not all, of the Iranian brothers feel proud in their R&D achievements and they should be; however there is no need to re-invent the wheel and waste valuable time and resources in it. It will be ideal to buy and integrate anything IF AND WHEN available.

I mentioned this before in some Iranian thread that this is the best time for Iran to get Fighters from Russia. Yes, the Russians did not deliver on signed contracts but this is a different WORLD now. In the current Ukraine standoff between West and Russia; Russia will do anything to increase its influence and exports. US is soon going to sanction them more on the standoff and will try to corner it. This is the best time for Iran to get its urgent Air Force needs met.

Although for IRAN; SAM's, Cruise and Ballistic Missiles will be a good defense/offense against a Nato+Israel onslaught but against a unilateral Israeli threat a good Air Force will make sure the Israelis think 10 times before launching any surprise attack.

Now Iran already has Mig29 in its fleet and has managed to keep it airborne. Plus the Mikoyan corp is also desperately looking for buyers. So, on fast track basis Iran can order more Mig35 from Russia and get their current fleet upgraded as well with local assembly, overhaul and maintenance rights. For the long term Su30 will be an excellent replacement of the F14 and can even threaten to take the fight back to Israeli boundaries with its long range and weapons load.

We are not looking for foreign made fighters anymore ...

russia even doesn't sell us spare part for our Mig-29 A ....
and you talking about " selling 4++ fighter jet to Iran "

Russia is not our ally ...

russia even doesn't sell us spare part for our Mig-29 A ....
and you talking about " selling 4++ fighter jet to Iran "

Russia is not our ally ...

Like I said; IF and WHEN available ... The Ukrainian crisis has changed a lot of things in this Region for good. The Cold war is back and I am sure if Russia can sell Jets to Syria, Iraq and (or willing to sell) attack helicopters to Pakistan then it is highly likely they will sell things to Iran also.

@SOHIEL Why waste time in R&D when there is already a solution available.

Like I said; IF and WHEN available ... The Ukrainian crisis has changed a lot of things in this Region for good. The Cold war is back and I am sure if Russia can sell Jets to Syria, Iraq and (or willing to sell) attack helicopters to Pakistan then it is highly likely they will sell things to Iran also.

@SOHIEL Why waste time in R&D when there is already a solution available.

but it didn't change our memories ...

after a long enimity we tried to forget past but Russian make things worst ...

Last edited:
but it didn't change our memories ...
after a long enimity we tried to forget past but Russian make things worst ...
There are no permanent friends and enemies in International Politics .. If your interest aligns with Russia then you are friends; if not then enemies ..
At the moment; in my views; Iran and Russia have common interests and this can last a long time because Russia vs West standoff in Ukraine is not going to end any time soon. Russia backed out of the S300 deal because of pressure from West but now they are in a standoff themselves.

Back
Top Bottom