What's new

How can we get the Iranian Air Force to buy new fighter jets?

Yes, because Iran does not need something in JF-17 class. What Iran needs is a very capable interceptor to replace F-14 fleet. Another point is that Iran is a rich country and being cost effective is not necessarily a concern of Iran. All in all, IRIAF pilots had not a positive view point about Chinese made fighters, so I doubt it if they go for buying such jets unless they cannot buy Russian or European fighters.

what are you going to replace your F-5's with?

Azarakhsh, Saegheh, Shafagh

So Iranians reject FC-1 for these Half Century old design? btw what capability they have which Jf 17 lack? do these jets have better reliability then Chinese jets? do Iran have better jet building capability then China?

P.s.. i am not trying to be a salesmen like my other countrymen.. i know Iran will have money after sanction being lift and it can buy whatever she want..

Last edited:
So Iranians reject FC-1 for these Half Century old design? btw what capability they have which Jf 17 lack? do these jets have better reliability then Chinese jets? do Iran have better jet building capability then China?

P.s.. i am not trying to be a salesmen like my other countrymen.. i know Iran will have money after sanction being lift and it can buy whatever she want..
Their capabilities is that ,they are what we made ourselves and they teach us how to build an aircraft but jf-17 wont provide us the experience.

Their capabilities is that ,they are what we made ourselves and they teach us how to build an aircraft but jf-17 wont provide us the experience.

Shafagh is not an old design, as that guy said. JF-17 is not better than Saegheh either. BTW, it does not make any sense to increase diversity of IRIAF fleet(then, increasing maintenance costs, ...), when you can get Iranian, or Russian jets of the same class. The problem is about modernizing interceptors fleet. For rest of the fleet, it does not make sense to waste money for low quality imports.

Back
Top Bottom