What's new

How can we get the Iranian Air Force to buy new fighter jets?

Sell Tejas technology in exchange for cheaper oil but keep in hush hush

I don't say we should build by ourselves but at the moment the offers are crap! Whatever we buy from chinese won't hold the regional balance. So what is the use of buying it? If the enemy start bombing us now it would be less costly than buying 5 to 6 billion dollars crappy planes that can hardly stop a regional air force. The 150 J-10 Debka says is ridiculous unless the Chinese have told us that is how they are only going to pay back our money!

I prefer a joint venture with SAAB and it may be possible if political conditions improve much further in couple of years, Rafaele is also good and France may be willing to sell in few years. France used to be a little independant but with the sales to GCC I doubt they would for now.

Hehe funny thing is that Turkey also partnered with SAAB for its TF-X program, they truelly were a realistic option but i dont think they will be helping Iran as long as they are partnered with Turkey. So considering that SAAB partnership is unviable together with the US, French and Europeun alternatives. The obvious logical choice would be either Russian or Chinese aircraft. You can say alot about the Chinese but they developed their own fourth and fifth generation aircrafts with own domestic fighter jet engine. Ill say this again, consider the Chinese option the best of a worst situation. China is also willing to sells its tech, they did this with Turkey a NATO country so i dont see any reason why Iran cant get any. After all Iranian army's doctrine is detterence.

7 sobh newspaper in Iran has written: Iran is interested in Mirage and Airbus from France! It should be wrong but anyways:
هفت صبح | روزنامه هفت صبح

There are many such publications in iran the most famous / notorious of them is "Danestaniha" , iran ain't gonna buy mirage from france , at least not as long as ISIS remains the enemy

The arms embargo will last for FIVE more years
That's a relatively short time , five years is nothing , iran is gonna cooperate as long as Rouhani is in power (8 years)

IRIAF should opt for a Su-35, J-10B combo. Sign a deal with Russia and China to power both platforms with the SAME engine. 150 J-10Bs and 100 Su-35s plus MART and AWACs would modernise IRIAF enough to be able to meet Iranian defense needs.

Sell Tejas technology in exchange for cheaper oil but keep in hush hush

Their oil can actually be used...
They wud like an aircraft that actually fly...
And i wont blame them on this...

Why we have to always think about eastern countries such as Russia and China to assist us ? why can't we rely one our youth and national defense manufactures ?
I personally believe we have to rely on western fighter jets and try to copy them inside the country like what japan and south Korea is doing not just be like leech to first world countries.
Moreover we need our economy to be in prefect shape then army.

Iran should go for shopping in Russia and China only

i want the USA to upgrade the F14 as it will be awesome :)

Replace F-5 with JF-17. Replace MiG-29 with MiG-35. Replace F-14 with Su-35.

Back
Top Bottom