What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

@KRAIT @AhaseebA , A general question. What if the delivery mechanism is by hand? I mean there are enough points on the border that are easy enough for someone determined to slip across.
How are these scenarios taken into consideration? Just a MAD response?

You mean something along the lines of ADM (Atomic Demolition Munition)? That was a nuke designed by US to be delivered in a backpack by 2 persons.

Say something like that happens in India (terrorist nuke). India will have to wait and investigate all possibilities before retaliating against any country. The Sum of All Fears is the exact movie to watch for this scenario.

for a democratic country life of citizens are more valuable than any other thing

Now that both countries in question are dhoom-cratic or follow demo-krazy,

It is important to note that any big bombs or missiles used by one will hurt its own people.

I tell that to my fellow Pakistanis

Any nuclear war between India and Pakistan will utterly destroy the fertile planes of Punjab (Indian and Pakistani) and then Sindh.

This in turn will render the bread basket of both INdian and Pakistan, useless for Oh perhaps 2 thousand 5 hundred Years.

Resulting famine, and long term death and destruction in the two countries will be so massive, that the whole region will become begging bowl carrier.

Who knows may be the survivors will immigrate to Bangladesh and Burma and to Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

Hope you get the point.

You mean something along the lines of ADM (Atomic Demolition Munition)? That was a nuke designed by US to be delivered in a backpack by 2 persons.

Say something like that happens in India (terrorist nuke). India will have to wait and investigate all possibilities before retaliating against any country. The Sum of All Fears is the exact movie to watch for this scenario.
I have watched it!
Unfortunately there is no real defence against such attacks other than hope/believe that the makers of the weapons are super good people who will not let them fall into the hands of the bad guys.

Read this.

The Soviet Way Of War And The Failure Of Ballistic Missile Defense - Forbes

Good analysis of why BMD is not that effective.

What purpose does a BMD serve then?

I have watched it!
Unfortunately there is no real defence against such attacks other than hope/believe that the makers of the weapons are super good people who will not let them fall into the hands of the bad guys.
What purpose does a BMD serve then?
It just reflects a country's potential in advance technology and act as deterrence.
Also gives sense of relief to citizens.

I have watched it!

Exactly. No country will ever allow monitoring of their nukes and there is no way to reliably keep track of them. The best option is to keep tight security checks for radioactive materials.
You should also watch the documentary Countdown to Zero, it shows how easy it is for somebody with enough resources to make something like that.

ABM and BMD are not super effective and cannot handle multiple missiles....

That's how..

ABM and BMD are not super effective and cannot handle multiple missiles....

That's how..

The Nov 2012 test of India's BMD had a real missile and a simulated dud one launched simultaneously - the BMD picked up the real one and went on to destroy it and then it followed on to pick the second one and destroy that too.

India's BMD will feature a three tier layout in the near future to counter multiple threats including low flying cruise missiles and rockets.

The Nov 2012 test of India's BMD had a real missile and a simulated dud one launched simultaneously - the BMD picked up the real one and went on to destroy it and then it followed on to pick the second one and destroy that too.

India's BMD will feature a three tier layout in the near future to counter multiple threats including low flying cruise missiles and rockets.

Most of Indian BMD test failed.
As I said, BMD are not super effective.

Only one failed out of eight - the rest were resounding successes.

Oh please. We all know Indian Armys ventures "resounding successes"....
Take one look at Tejas or Arjun.....

Back
Top Bottom