What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

Did you catch the fact that this is rather difficult to achieve?

Shooting down any missile whether cruise or ballistic is no easy task. Brahmos high RCS makes it an easier target to shoot compared to other subsonic low observable cruise missiles.

Shooting down any missile whether cruise or ballistic is no easy task. Brahmos high RCS makes it an easier target to shoot compared to other subsonic low observable cruise missiles.

So you are saying intercepting missiles with supersonic speed is nothing but a cake??? High RCS is a very very open ended remark.....Anyhow this thread is not about Brahmos...but just keep in mind...from a mere anti ship missile role to a land version to an air-version, makers of brahmos has put lot of faith on this system...this itself should be an indicator about the potency...

Indian Pursuit Of Ballistic Missile Defence Program

StrategyPage Error Page 2

will give you reasons why indian abm strategy is not upto mark. till then, prepare yourself for arguments.

The second link is not working..after reading the first one i am still not clear that why Indian ABM is not up to mark...In fact this article makes me feel we are very much on track...here are few quotes

This shows that Indian ballistic missile defence program comprising of long range tracking radar, command and control system and the interceptor, is maturing at a faster pace

It would ultimately engage in acquiring additional missiles and launchers to devise a much larger attacking force which would elude the Indian interceptors, leading to triangular security dilemma in the region.

I mean if India's ABM is not potent then why does the author feels Pakistan will go for countermeasures??? Can you throw some more light on this????

Americans (and others) have had this capability for quite some time.

It is "difficult" only for those who believe it to be difficult.

They have the capability or not does not negate the fact that it is difficult to intercept a supersonic missile, no???

So you are saying intercepting missiles with supersonic speed is nothing but a cake???

Cake would be a harsh word, intercepting any missile is no easy task as the physics and the initiative is always on the side of the aggressor. Supersonic missiles have their own pros and cons, one of its biggest cons is its high RCS. The US did develop a supersonic missile but the verdict was that it was too expensive and its high RCS gives the enemy enough time to deploy counter measures.

High RCS is a very very open ended remark.....

I fail to see how, the faster the missile is travelling the more IR signature its releasing. No country in the world has the technology to reduce the IR emissions for a supersonic cruise missile, smart skin concept is all speculative and has not been fully developed.

Anyhow this thread is not about Brahmos...but just keep in mind...from a mere anti ship missile role to a land version to an air-version, makers of brahmos has put lot of faith on this system...this itself should be an indicator about the potency...

Dont get me wrong, the Brahmos is an amazing weapon and definitely adds more muscle to the IA. But Brahmos will definitely be challenged if the adversary has a well developed early warning radar system. India is lucky in that sense that not many nations in the world have a highly sophisticated early warning radar systems in place.

I mean if India's ABM is not potent then why does the author feels Pakistan will go for countermeasures??? Can you throw some more light on this????

Its always good to be prepared than not be prepared at all. If India fields a successful operational ABM system than it simply changes the balance of power in South Asia, Pakistan will never accept this and that is why its taking additional steps to increase the lethality of its missile program. I have my doubts about the Indian ABM because the Indians have started only researching about it recently and its missile program is quite primitive compared to those nations whom are fielding ABM systems that are operational, but ones with flaws.

They have the capability or not does not negate the fact that it is difficult to intercept a supersonic missile, no???

It's an arms race so, of course, the technological ante keeps getting upped. But the point is that for every better mouse, there is a mousetrap.

who says BrahMos has a high RCS? it has been described as a stealthy low flying cruise missile anyways stop talking about BM i'm sure there are threads on that else where.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Good to have acknowledgement that BrahMos can be interecepted.

it can be but it is very difficult since it flies very low and is stealthy not to mention supersonic missiles like patriot,S-300, Barak-8, etc can intercept it but the hardest part about intercepting a low flying cruise missile is that it is difficult to track only country's like America and Russia have good enough defenses to intercept low flying cruise missiles as does Israel

who says BrahMos has a high RCS? it has been described as a stealthy low flying cruise missile

it can be but it is very difficult since it flies very low and is stealthy not to mention supersonic missiles

Can you stop spreading lies, calling it stealthy does not make it stealthy, the physics behind it does not advocate what you are stating.

At 3 times the speed of sound the skin temperature would be approximately around 50 degrees, if the missile is skimming low the temperature of the skin will be even more higher as the missile passes through dense air and the hot engine exhaust will appreciate its IR even more factored in with other surrounding elements. At this altitude and speed, IR emissions will enhance significantly making it a magnet for a heat seeking missile. Brahmos from day one was designed to skid through enemy's defences by sheer speed and not stealth, for sheer speed it compromises on its stealth and manoeuvrability.

but the hardest part about intercepting a low flying cruise missile is that it is difficult to track only country's like America and Russia have good enough defenses to intercept low flying cruise missiles as does Israel

How So? The key to tracking this missile would be to detect its launch at an early stage. Your two main adversaries are fielding AWACS and Ground Radars(3D, 2D and Low Detection Radars) all data linked with each other, you can be sure as hell that this missile will be long detected as soon as it is launched with its high IR emissions. Fighter jets equipped with electro optic sensors can track and cue missiles for a successful intercept of the incoming skimming missile.

Can you stop spreading lies, calling it stealthy does not make it stealthy, the physics behind it does not advocate what you are stating.

At 3 times the speed of sound the skin temperature would be approximately around 50 degrees, if the missile is skimming low the temperature of the skin will be even more higher as the missile passes through dense air and the hot engine exhaust will appreciate its IR even more factored in with other surrounding elements. At this altitude and speed, IR emissions will enhance significantly making it a magnet for a heat seeking missile. Brahmos from day one was designed to skid through enemy's defences by sheer speed and not stealth, for sheer speed it compromises on its stealth and manoeuvrability.

good point but you do realize BrahMos flies at low altitudes adding to its stealth? a supersonic low flying cruise missile is nearly impossible to intercept and what you said for Brahmos can be applied to the Harpoon missile as well yet it is difficult to intercept because of the low altitude flight. BrahMos is very much stealthy either you have no idea on BrahMos specs or your in denial most likely both

good point but you do realize BrahMos flies at low altitudes adding to its stealth?

Did you even read what i wrote? Off course it flies at low altitude but what about the high IR signature, with high IR signature like that there is no way it can escape detection from an AWAC or a capable 3D radar.

a supersonic low flying cruise missile is nearly impossible to intercept and what you said for Brahmos can be applied to the Harpoon missile as well yet it is difficult to intercept because of the low altitude flight.

Harpoon is subsonic and has a much lower IR signature compared to the Brahmos, its pointless comparing these two systems. The Harpoon can fly even lower and can manoeuvre which the Brahmos cannot due to its sheer speed, with speed it compromises on those two elements. A supersonic missile with high IR can definitely be brought down if the opposing side has the necessary means too, which are a good radar network system and capable armaments.

BrahMos is very much stealthy either you have no idea on BrahMos specs or your in denial most likely both

Are you seriously joking me? You certainly do live in your own little world, there is nothing that suggests that Brahmos is stealthy, at least the physics behind it does not support that and you are more than welcome to prove me wrong using facts, and not empty statements. Dont bother replying if you you are going to make empty statements and not use any facts.

Did you even read what i wrote? Off course it flies at low altitude but what about the high IR signature, with high IR signature like that there is no way it can escape detection from an AWAC or a capable 3D radar.

Harpoon is subsonic and has a much lower IR signature compared to the Brahmos, its pointless comparing these two systems. The Harpoon can fly even lower and can manoeuvre which the Brahmos cannot due to its sheer speed, with speed it compromises on those two elements. A supersonic missile with high IR can definitely be brought down if the opposing side has the necessary means too, which are a good radar network system and capable armaments.

Are you seriously joking me? You certainly do live in your own little world, there is nothing that suggests that Brahmos is stealthy, at least the physics behind it does not support that and you are more than welcome to prove me wrong using facts, and not empty statements. Dont bother replying if you you are going to make empty statements and not use any facts.

i doubt any of our enemies have the radars AWACS etc to detect BrahMos not really a problem

India, Russia work on hypersonic stealth cruise missile - Home » Other Sections » Breaking News

you are using mere logic to prove your point i have a link now bye bye unless you have anything else to say :)

Back
Top Bottom