What's new

How Americans view other countries: Gallup Poll

I saw our friend CD bragging about it in one other thread.. Obviously he seems to think that this is some kind of achievement for you guys...

Which post?

Americans in general tend to over-estimate our economic power.

I saw a survey that showed that most Americans believed that China is the number one largest economy in the world. When in fact... we are a distant second behind the US.
I don't know why you guys are so focused on us. India is hardly even thought of in China.

America, I can understand. Though I would prefer it if they looked somewhere else.
You're right. However, I was talking purely about economic size, given that this seems to be the main issue here.

At the end of the day, we are nowhere near as powerful as the American people think.

However, I won't complain if others overestimate/underestimate us, or even both at the same time. Sun zi would approve.
American attention is sometimes negative and sometimes positive. Some call for partnership (G2) and some call for trade restrictions.

Indian attention towards us however, seems to be overwhelmingly hostile, going by the Indian media at least.

China needs at least another decade to keep a low profile.
America has free media.

Hong Kong has free media.

This is not an issue of media freedom, but rather an issue of hatred.
Who says that there is going to be a "showdown"? :no:

Both the Chinese and American governments are talking about increasing cooperation in an interconnected world. Even talk of a "G2".

China and the USA are economically interconnected (unlike USA-USSR relations), so how could there be a Cold war.

USSR is long dead anyway, too bad for Indians.
That is true, the USSR had a constantly shrinking GDP.

They were never viable in the long-term. Their real strength is in their large number of nukes.

Which post?

LOL don't embarrass him by revealing his lies Cardsharp. :D

Apparently he was too lazy to read even the first page of that thread, where I said that the Americans were actually OVER-estimating us.

Apparently he was too lazy to read even the first page of that thread, where I said that the Americans were actually OVER-estimating us.

If you going smear someone, do it properly at least.

And afterward, you repeatedly used that ranking $hit in many other threads boasting about yourself... I have read what you have posted in various threads and very well understand what you mean..

^^^
Check the post# 30 of this thread itself...

and check this post

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/92985-china-threatens-its-neighbours-11.html#post1480844

and this

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/92985-china-threatens-its-neighbours-10.html#post1480832

Now tell me, aren't you boasting about you being ranked high in the poll as compared to India???

Learn to read please. Not once have I boasted about China's position on that poll. In fact, I showed dismay that America was paying too much attention to us.

I was simply stating a fact, that India is seen as unimportant. Sorry that you can't handle this simple statement.

And afterward, you repeatedly used that ranking $hit in many other threads boasting about yourself... I have read what you have posted in various threads and very well understand what you mean..

The paranoid tickings of a sick mind. Slippery grasp on reality. Everything is an innuendo. Everything has hidden meaning.

It does... if you didn't understand English.

It's not about the message in the post but what it really implies?? I know it will be hard for you to accept being defending another Chinese..

Learn to read please. Not once have I boasted about China's position on that poll. In fact, I showed dismay that America was paying too much attention to us.

I was simply stating a fact, that India is seen as unimportant. Sorry that you can't handle this simple statement.

and yet you used the same polls to remind the Indians how unimportant we are for other?? What a Hypocrite??

It does... if you didn't understand English.

LOL, maybe that is too much to expect. For the sake of easy reading, I will re-quote my original statements in that thread. This is from the very first page of that thread.

Americans in general tend to over-estimate our economic power.

I saw a survey that showed that most Americans believed that China is the number one largest economy in the world. When in fact... we are a distant second behind the US.

At the end of the day, we are nowhere near as powerful as the American people think.

The political discussions that I had with average Americans ( usually colleagues) , the country that typically came up is China. It is not because China is this or that, its usually because of borrowing from China.

LOL, maybe that is too much to expect. For the sake of easy reading, I will re-quote my original statements in that thread. This is from the very first page of that thread.

OK then tell me, what was the reason you quoted about the same in various other threads? If you think the poll results does not mean anything then why use them as a fact in relation to India.. Make up your mind before you post unrelated things in all the threads...

Back
Top Bottom