Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

How a Pakistani man helped evacuate 2,500 Indian students from Ukraine

Web Desk Updated 09 Mar, 2022

1646823191741.png

Moazzam Khan, who hailed from the Tarbela cantonment area near Islamabad, came to Ukraine 11 years ago and settled in Ternopil. Rediff.com

A Pakistani bus tour manager in Ukraine has so far helped evacuate 2,500 Indian citizens who were stuck in the country hit by Russia's invasion, reported Rediff.com.
Moazzam Khan, who hails from the Tarbela cantonment area near Islamabad, came to Ukraine 11 years ago and settled in Ternopil, according to the report.
Khan, who studied civil engineering in Ukraine, switched his profession and started a bus tour business in Ukraine.
His bus service has helped evacuate at least 2,500 Indians stuck in Ukraine.
He collaborated on this mission with Nitesh Singh, founder of Team SOS India.
Khan's bus serviced picked students from Ternopil and dropped them to borders of Hungary and Slovakia, which are 5-hour drive away, Romania, which is a 3-hour drive, and Poland, which is a two-and-a-half hour drive.
During these trying times for international citizens in Ukraine, when other drivers raised their fares to $250, Khan's bus service charged $20 or $25 from each Indian student. Some times it did not accept payment when the students had no money.
Khan said he was especially sympathetic because of the language difficulty in Ukraine.
"I speak Urdu and most of the Indian students speak Hindi, so this connects us instantly. Hindi and Urdu are almost the same and therefore we gel well," he said in his interview.
Khan's mobile number went viral on many Indian WhatsApp groups as he helped stranded Indians evacuate from Ukraine.
"After that I started getting non-stop phone calls in the middle of the night for rescue operations. The biggest high was the blessings that these Indian students' parents used to give me on the phone or send messages thanking me on WhatsApp," he said.
Following the evacuation of thousands of Indians from the country, Khan did not want to leave Ukraine because half his family is stuck in Sumy where around 700 Indian students were still awaiting evacuation.

How a Pakistani man helped evacuate 2,500 Indian students from Ukraine

Web Desk Updated 09 Mar, 2022

View attachment 822208

Moazzam Khan, who hailed from the Tarbela cantonment area near Islamabad, came to Ukraine 11 years ago and settled in Ternopil. Rediff.com

A Pakistani bus tour manager in Ukraine has so far helped evacuate 2,500 Indian citizens who were stuck in the country hit by Russia's invasion, reported Rediff.com.
Moazzam Khan, who hails from the Tarbela cantonment area near Islamabad, came to Ukraine 11 years ago and settled in Ternopil, according to the report.
Khan, who studied civil engineering in Ukraine, switched his profession and started a bus tour business in Ukraine.
His bus service has helped evacuate at least 2,500 Indians stuck in Ukraine.
He collaborated on this mission with Nitesh Singh, founder of Team SOS India.
Khan's bus serviced picked students from Ternopil and dropped them to borders of Hungary and Slovakia, which are 5-hour drive away, Romania, which is a 3-hour drive, and Poland, which is a two-and-a-half hour drive.
During these trying times for international citizens in Ukraine, when other drivers raised their fares to $250, Khan's bus service charged $20 or $25 from each Indian student. Some times it did not accept payment when the students had no money.
Khan said he was especially sympathetic because of the language difficulty in Ukraine.
"I speak Urdu and most of the Indian students speak Hindi, so this connects us instantly. Hindi and Urdu are almost the same and therefore we gel well," he said in his interview.
Khan's mobile number went viral on many Indian WhatsApp groups as he helped stranded Indians evacuate from Ukraine.
"After that I started getting non-stop phone calls in the middle of the night for rescue operations. The biggest high was the blessings that these Indian students' parents used to give me on the phone or send messages thanking me on WhatsApp," he said.
Following the evacuation of thousands of Indians from the country, Khan did not want to leave Ukraine because half his family is stuck in Sumy where around 700 Indian students were still awaiting evacuation.
Mr. Khan deserves accolades for exemplifying and exhibiting the noble values many espouse but do not practice. He stands as a true representative for the people of Pakistan.

@Imran Khan Thank you sir for posting such heart warming and positive news

Last edited:
Why do we help them out when they would never do the same for us. I think this man is an idiot.

Yeah he is a moron

This is like all those dumb hastags when Indians were dying by the tens of thousands last year from COVID

The same Indians celebrate when we have death in Pakistan or when Muslims are banned from wearing Hijab or something

Why do we help them out when they would never do the same for us. I think this man is an idiot.

Such response and such actions are distasteful to say the least.

Even soldiers are trained to be gentlemen, not barbarians
there is a code of conduct between opposing fighting forces
eventually all are human,

These are the values that we live by, and these are the standards we will uphold and not a dime less.

Such response and such actions are distasteful to say the least.

Even soldiers are trained to be gentlemen, not barbarians
there is a code of conduct between opposing fighting forces
eventually all are human,

These are the values that we live by, and these are the standards we will uphold and not a dime less.

What if the other party is lacking ethics, honor and shame?

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Create the CSS for the popup var style = document.createElement('style'); style.innerHTML = ` /* Style for the popup */ .popup { display: none; /* Hidden by default */ position: fixed; z-index: 999; left: 0; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: auto; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); /* Black background with opacity */ } .popup-content { position: relative; background-color: #fff; margin: 15% auto; padding: 20px; width: 80%; max-width: 600px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); } .close-btn { position: absolute; top: 10px; right: 25px; color: #aaa; font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; } .close-btn:hover, .close-btn:focus { color: #000; text-decoration: none; cursor: pointer; } `; document.head.appendChild(style); // Create the HTML for the popup var popup = document.createElement('div'); popup.id = 'videoPopup'; popup.className = 'popup'; popup.innerHTML = ` `; document.body.appendChild(popup); // Show the popup when the page loads popup.style.display = 'block'; // Get the close button var closeBtn = document.querySelector('.close-btn'); // Close the popup when the user clicks on the close button closeBtn.onclick = function () { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } // Close the popup when the user clicks anywhere outside of the popup window.onclick = function (event) { if (event.target == popup) { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } } });
Back
Top Bottom