What's new

Hospitality For The World, Hostility Against Pakistani Women Cricket Team

Yeah, for very reasons ICC opted for Cuttack! Now, what is the use of a change in venue? Team and native authorities are still facing similar challenges! Same arrangements, a clubhouse, could have been made in Mumbai!

No mate Cuttack is the safe compared to Mumbai and Pakistani cricket Team authorities checked the venue and oked it.

@Emmie, what ghettoisation? What are going to achieve by this? Whats in our interest, for the tournament to succeed or to ''insult'' the pakistani players? Whats your honest opinion, on the situation as well as on the OP?

What else one would think when situation for Pakistan players after all the measures is still unchanged? If clubs were more impregnable than hotels then what was the apparent wrong with the clubs in Mumbai? Same management would have served the cause there too! Fair enough you changed the venues for better security, offered Pakistan team a better and more secured environment. But when team arrives all of sudden you present them same security issues. Hotels in Cuttack are threatened (some report say hotels refused to host the team) but your side instead of discouraging extremism is bowing to them, just changing venues and hotels/clubs. Situation is Cuttack is more or less similar to that of Mumbai’s, now what next, Himalaya? You can change the venue but cannot change the situations, can secure a club but cannot secure a hotel!
Tell me honestly, what would have you felt when your team would have been treated this way in Pakistan or anywhere else in the world ,only one particular team in a ghetto while all others in hotels? Is it like other teams don’t need any security?

Last edited by a moderator:
The place where they are staying

BBxVTsyCcAAYi3b.jpg

BBxVkdrCMAAGNj-.jpg

More in this video

No concern over accommodation: Pak women's cricket team --Videos India:IBNLive Videos

This was particularly what I was looking for. Deep thanks.

India would know better the reasons for the movement from one place to another on threat of protesters/fanatics (depending on how a person claims) and the refusal of hotels but I will not comment on the conditions as my previous information on the topic has been proven wrong.

I had heard they are living in a stadium-that sounded weird to my ears-this has told me the reality I guess. Thanks once again.

This was particularly what I was looking for. Deep thanks.

India would know better the reasons for the movement from one place to another on threat of protesters/fanatics (depending on how a person claims) and the refusal of hotels but I will not comment on the conditions as my previous information on the topic has been proven wrong.

I had heard they are living in a stadium-that sounded weird to my ears-this has told me the reality I guess. Thanks once again.

It is Barabati stadium mate :cheers:.

It's not about air conditioning and stuff! Dressing room in the stadium is also highly furnished but can a team live there the way they live in a hotel? Obviously not! Whether it's a highly sophisticated club or a slum, the point is team have been accommodated in a club rather than in a hotel, unlike other teams. If clubs serve the cause better than hotels then why other teams are in hotels? Is it like other teams don't need any security?

If clubs were more immune then why venues were changed? Management couldn't locate a club in the vicinity of Mumbai cricket stadium? Huh!

Sir, its a ICC world cup that India is hosting!!

My concern and contention was more along the line of the capitulation we see to protesters. From my past experience I know even the most patriotic Indian doesn't have any concern with this move-he knows if 2 of his jawans died on the border a week ago Indian army too killed a number of Pakistanis in tit for tat attacks. Its a minor attack and adventurism from a commander. Nothing more. The people who involve themselves in these kinds of protests are usually fanatic RSS, VHP, Bajrang dal and Shiv sena activists. These organizations are a headache for every minority community.

I have worked for minorities in Pakistan for a long time and it is truth that they face major issues. Pakistan's issue is it is not a secular state though debate on this matter has entered the initial stages-India calls itself a secular state but most people I have seen don't have that mindset. Furthermore a larger minority (compared to 4% for Pakistan or 6% if minority groups figures are correct) and the larger a minority-usually the better the relations due to inter-faith contact. But it still capitulates to RSS, VHP and other groups. Could the security not be provided at the hotels?

No mate Cuttack is the safe compared to Mumbai and Pakistani cricket Team authorities checked the venue and oked it.

Mate, I never said Cuttack was not safe for Pakistani team! Waise kya faida, despite of being safe it does not offer accommodation in a hotel.

Yaar, why is so much problem with Pakistanis if we shifted these players to another place for their security. Do you want their security or want unwanted hooplah in the city due to protest.

Its about keeping law and order and to avoid any clash between the protestors and Policemen. Its just precautionary measure so that no problem arises and no problems created.

And do you guys think if we provide security to hotels now, they won't target the hotels after the tournament is over and there is no security.

Apply some brain.

Yaar, why is so much problem with Pakistanis if we shifted these players to another place for their security. Do you want their security or want unwanted hooplah in the city due to protest.

Its about keeping law and order and to avoid any clash between the protestors and Policemen. Its just precautionary measure so that no problem arises and no problems created.

And do you guys think if we provide security to hotels now, they won't target the hotels after the tournament is over and there is no security.

Apply some brain.

you guys dont understand its not about quality of accomodation its about humiliation..How india would have felt if her team was made to stay on the false pretext of security in a stadium in pakistan while all other teams enjoyed 5 star hotels...Security is always a concern in a 3rd world place like india but if yu guys can protect yr VIP's why cant our team you recently managed that with our men team right now this drama is just staged to humiliate Pak due to recent border flare up..nothin else.All we want is you accept the real reason and dun give security bullshit.

What else one would think when situation for Pakistan players after all the measures is still unchanged? If clubs were more impregnable than hotels then what was the apparent wrong with the clubs in Mumbai? Same management would have served the cause there too! Fair enough you changed the venues for better security, offered Pakistan team a better and more secured environment. But when team arrives all of sudden you present them same security issues. Hotels in Cuttack are threatened (some report say hotels refused to host the team) but your side instead of discouraging extremism is bowing to them, just changing venues and hotels/clubs. Situation is Cuttack is more or less similar to that of Mumbai’s, now what next, Himalaya? You can change the venue but cannot change the situations, can secure a club but cannot secure a hotel!
Tell me honestly, what would have you felt when your team would have been treated this way in Pakistan or anywhere else in the world ,only one particular team in a ghetto while all others in hotels? Is it like other teams don’t need any security?

Do you know the entire details? I do not.

The hotels are 30 KM away, its not a question of providing security at hotels alone, infact its about providing security on roads for 60 km daily.

The new accomodation is next to stadium, how is that bad from any angle?

Lastly, the switch was made with PCB in the loop, how is that insulting or humiliating? I'm going to assume reasonable grounds were provided to PCB and PCB agreed, why are we assuming otherwise, because a hateful blog like PKKH says so??

Are bhai mere, you really think Protestors are terrorists. The best they can do is dig the damn pitch and block the traffic. You do know we are Baniya. Pitch and traffic jam will cost a lot. :D

LOC incident par aap chup nahin the. Sab Qadri ke piche pagal the. Even Quetta ko bhi thoda coverage mila. And India media kam se kam Hinduon aur Muslims ko openly Gaali nahin deta.

I have done research, Its just Alternate Media like PKKH that always post to bash India. Same is the behavior of Pakistani posters who are creating too much Hype.

If it would have bene some other country, no one would have said anything.

Just like Shahrukh Khan incident got so famous that all Pakistanis jumped on us whereas no one discussed 78 Dead Bodies found in Syria in a river with their hands tied back. All are targeting us for Muslim card.

I am talking of this too much Hype creation over every single thing.

Bhai LOC incident per apne konsa Pakistani talk show dekha? Kitne article perhay print media per? Kitne Pakistani official nay dhamkeyan dein? Kitne media reports disinformation thein? Indian media aur members ka hype dekha tha na apne, rai ka pahar aur jang tak tau baat lay aye thay.. You are right, Pakistani media was more interested in Padri, but Quetta got quite a fair coverage.

And India media kam se kam Hinduon aur Muslims ko openly Gaali nahin deta

Please batain kahan per gali dee hay Hindus ko? Pakistani media per? Are you sure, this is a strong accusation!

I have done research, Its just Alternate Media like PKKH that always post to bash India. Same is the behavior of Pakistani posters who are creating too much Hype.

Ok, that was about PKKH. Now how about Indian media, doesn't it bash Pakistan? Pakistani mainstream media does not create any hype! May be some Pakistani posters were creating hype, but trust me this hype is far less than the hype created by Indian members, no offence including you. I can name Indian members who are here just to bash Pakistan, their bread and butter is all about opening anti Pak threads..

Just like Shahrukh Khan incident got so famous that all Pakistanis jumped on us whereas no one discussed 78 Dead Bodies found in Syria in a river with their hands tied back. All are targeting us for Muslim card.

I am talking of this too much Hype creation over every single thing.

Such threads are not excuses, members of both the sides open such threads..

Apply some brain.

That is a canard.
What about Barabati stadium? When security is removed from the Pakistanis there what makes it unlikely for the mob to target the stadium? The very same logic you applied to the hotel scenario can be applied to the stadium. I know how the stadium here in Karachi remains unprotected half the time. The mobs can appear any time and do anything they want.

That is a canard.
What about Barabati stadium? When security is removed from the Pakistanis there what makes it unlikely for the mob to target the stadium? The very same logic you applied to the hotel scenario can be applied to the stadium. I know how the stadium here in Karachi remains unprotected half the time. The mobs can appear any time and do anything they want.
:hitwall: Cricket Stadium belongs to Govt. Cricket Association.

5 star Hotels are Privately owned.

I am done with you guys, you just hyping up things. Don't know what's the problem with all the facilities provided along with extra security.

you guys dont understand its not about quality of accomodation its about humiliation..How india would have felt if her team was made to stay on the false pretext of security in a stadium in pakistan while all other teams enjoyed 5 star hotels...Security is always a concern in a 3rd world place like india but if yu guys can protect yr VIP's why cant our team you recently managed that with our men team right now this drama is just staged to humiliate Pak due to recent border flare up..nothin else.All we want is you accept the real reason and dun give security bullshit.
Humiliation ? We don't want your team in India but its International contest so we allowed. Since they are here, we made according to our convenience and gave them what we can. Take it or leave it.

As for security, Crickets are much safer in India than your country.

Like your ex PM Said, Who is stopping them ?

Bhai LOC incident per apne konsa Pakistani talk show dekha? Kitne article perhay print media per? Kitne Pakistani official nay dhamkeyan dein? Kitne media reports disinformation thein? Indian media aur members ka hype dekha tha na apne, rai ka pahar aur jang tak tau baat lay aye thay.. You are right, Pakistani media was more interested in Padri, but Quetta got quite a fair coverage.

Please batain kahan per gali dee hay Hindus ko? Pakistani media per? Are you sure, this is a strong accusation!

Ok, that was about PKKH. Now how about Indian media, doesn't it bash Pakistan? Pakistani mainstream media does not create any hype! May be some Pakistani posters were creating hype, but trust me this hype is far less than the hype created by Indian members, no offence including you. I can name Indian members who are here just to bash Pakistan, their bread and butter is all about opening anti Pak threads..

Such threads are not excuses, members of both the sides open such threads..

Do note here Emmie, I believe we journalists and the media here are the ones who are the most objective and self-critical. We are the ones raising issues of human rights, minority rights and particularly giving support to our minorities. Furthermore Pakistani media does not even advocate its interests and hence PKKH comes into place. I worse cases Zaid Hamid are born who unfortunately mix nationalism and religion which is wrong. But that is the only media Indians know about. PKKH has no tv channel or influence, Ahmed Qureshi no one listens to and Zaid Hamid has been off air for years.

Pakistani media is extremely self-analytical about its country and very critical. They raise topics they know may even be harmful for national security.
@KRAIT has never been to Pakistan. I have been to Indian administered Lucknow and saw what they did with the Samjhauta express attacks blaming ISI and Pakistan only for it later to be proven that the attacks were by RSS type groups. So basically its Indian media hyping things up. This was reported by Indian media itself-they said the accommodations were sub-standard which Pakistani media then picked up.

As far as those threads are concerned there are people on both sides with a relationship with those on the other as I said before. These discussions need to be under-taken more often-hiding or running from an issue never solves it. Religious persecution is a reality in the sub-continent and it needs to end.

@Emmie I don't have anything to say anymore.

Back
Top Bottom