What's new

Hospitality For The World, Hostility Against Pakistani Women Cricket Team

Everytime I come around I see you discussing a rape related topic. The figures are from a report I have-Rape in Pakistan and violence against women and children. In either case is this the most productive way to spend your time? Comparing. I believe comparisons seriously should be banned. They kill the debate and half the time they occur on a topic far different from what is being discussed. Also every time I visit I see you discussing rape which can only make a person believe that you really have intentions in this regard.

Exactly.. Again, tell that to the noobs with the Pak flag who these days are getting their daily jollies by pointing out rape stats of Delhi. Its important to show them the mirror at times so they realize that despite India talking about this problem in the media and Pakistan trying to brush this under the carpet, the fact is that this evil does exist in both countries and the intensity is that much more in Pakistan.. Hence jumping around calling India a Secular rapist country when yours is 20% worse actually makes them look like idiots.

The figures you posted of 4%+ were for 10 years as shown in the graph. I can produce the graph again but it is not the topic. I saved the graph and looked at it later. I thought you were a knowledgeable person actually initially but I am a gullible person.
Dont know what you are talking about. The figures in the article from express tribune talks about 2007-2009 timeframe with 314 incidents a month average. That's the figure I have taken

I believe that is okay. I agreed with where they are staying and the facilities after being shown pictures-looks neat. But why were they shifted out of fear of protests and murder of RSS, VHP and other groups?

My worry is how India capitulates to the killers of Ansaris each time but has no difficulty grabbing an innocent Ansari for every so-called terror act. My ansari family are the most secular house in Lucknow. Yet Ansaris were killed in the Deccan.
Its nothing to do with their being a Muslim. close to 180 million Muslims are still going about their daily business in India in a normal fashion. However their being a Pakistani is a problem. A lot of people in India hate Pakistanis and with the recent LOC incident that hate is back on the fore front. And unlike PCB which probably missed this when the Lankan team was attacked in Lahore, BCCI did think ahead to plan accommodation for them where the chances of any inconvenience due to such protests etc could be minimized.. But fanboys of Pakistani media and the forum have a tendency to start jumping without going thru the details. That despite the visiting team being perfectly ok with the arrangements..

Considering we are at war with Pakistan and they are barbarians who cut of heads of our soldiers and send terrorist to kill our people, we are being too generous with their women cricket team.

If they had any shame they would have stayed back in paksitan, but looks like they are shameless people.

If it would had been happened in Pakistan then what would the reaction of yours...?????????????

Hey I dont support it. Period. I believe if we host someone then we should accord them dignity. But what I BELIEVE doesnt matter.

As for your question, I would have got over it. Sri lankans got over it. Didn't they!

When has RSS, Shiv Sena etc. ever killed any Foreigner on Tour to play in India. All they do is protest. There hasn't been a single case in India like Munich, Lahore etc.

Again too much hype and too much Fiction told to back their point.

Ansaris can't be extremists ? Purohits can't be too. But Col. Purohit was.

Latif hits out at BCCI for housing team at stadium | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

LAHORE - Pakistan Cricket Board has remained silent on the decision by International Cricket Council to allow the organisers of the Women's World Cup in India to house the Pakistan team at a stadium instead of a hotel but former players have lashed out at the ICC and the BCCI for this development.
Former Test leg spinner Abdul Qadir said the state of affairs prevailing in the Women's World Cup was a sad commentary on the state of relations between Pakistan and India and the role of the ICC. "I would like to see more cricketing ties between the two countries but for this Indian political parties need to keep sports away from politics. I wish our women do well in the World Cup it would mean and say a lot about the character of Pakistan cricket," he said. Another former captain Rashid Latif said he was really disappointed to learn about this development. "The reason given for keeping our team at the stadium instead of a five star hotel like the three other teams is security. But the point is that if the Indian Board can't guarantee security of all the participating teams in the World Cup why did not the ICC act and shift the event to some other country where the Pakistan team could also enjoy the event as other teams," Latif reported to have said.
Latif said the ICC's role in the whole affair had been disappointing as had that of the BCCI. "It is a shame that in a country like India even their government and Board can't assure safety of our players if they stay at a hotel," he added. He lamented that how could the Pakistani women be expected to give their best in the event in the shadow of such pressure and security threats. "If our players do well they would have excelled themselves. Because no team should be made to suffer like this in a global ICC event like the World Cup," Latif said.Pakistan Cricket Board has remained silent on the decision by International Cricket Council to allow the organisers of the Women's World Cup in India to house the Pakistan team at a stadium instead of a hotel but former players have lashed out at the ICC and the BCCI for this development.
Another former captain Moin Khan said that the treatment meted out to the Pakistan women's team few weeks after Pakistan men's side had toured India for an ODI series without any problem was very sad.
"It is sad that sports and politics are mixed together in India. Where is the traditional hospitality the Indians are famous for? Is their government and Board so weak they can't guarantee the security of our team if it is staying at a hotel like the other sides?" Moin asked.
Former women's team captain Urooj Mumtaz said she could realise the pressure the players must be feeling at the moment in Cuttack.
"I would like to know what the ICC would have done if the same situation had evolved in some other country than India. It is a joke that our team has to stay at a stadium for security reasons than why have the event in India at all," she said. PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf had suggested to the ICC to shift the World Cup to South Africa.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/01/31/news/sports/latif-hits-out-at-bcci-for-housing-team-at-stadium/

LAHORE - Pakistan Cricket Board has remained silent on the decision by International Cricket Council to allow the organisers of the Women's World Cup in India to house the Pakistan team at a stadium instead of a hotel but former players have lashed out at the ICC and the BCCI for this development.
Former Test leg spinner Abdul Qadir said the state of affairs prevailing in the Women's World Cup was a sad commentary on the state of relations between Pakistan and India and the role of the ICC. "I would like to see more cricketing ties between the two countries but for this Indian political parties need to keep sports away from politics. I wish our women do well in the World Cup it would mean and say a lot about the character of Pakistan cricket," he said. Another former captain Rashid Latif said he was really disappointed to learn about this development. "The reason given for keeping our team at the stadium instead of a five star hotel like the three other teams is security. But the point is that if the Indian Board can't guarantee security of all the participating teams in the World Cup why did not the ICC act and shift the event to some other country where the Pakistan team could also enjoy the event as other teams," Latif reported to have said.
Latif said the ICC's role in the whole affair had been disappointing as had that of the BCCI. "It is a shame that in a country like India even their government and Board can't assure safety of our players if they stay at a hotel," he added. He lamented that how could the Pakistani women be expected to give their best in the event in the shadow of such pressure and security threats. "If our players do well they would have excelled themselves. Because no team should be made to suffer like this in a global ICC event like the World Cup," Latif said.Pakistan Cricket Board has remained silent on the decision by International Cricket Council to allow the organisers of the Women's World Cup in India to house the Pakistan team at a stadium instead of a hotel but former players have lashed out at the ICC and the BCCI for this development.
Another former captain Moin Khan said that the treatment meted out to the Pakistan women's team few weeks after Pakistan men's side had toured India for an ODI series without any problem was very sad.
"It is sad that sports and politics are mixed together in India. Where is the traditional hospitality the Indians are famous for? Is their government and Board so weak they can't guarantee the security of our team if it is staying at a hotel like the other sides?" Moin asked.
Former women's team captain Urooj Mumtaz said she could realise the pressure the players must be feeling at the moment in Cuttack.
"I would like to know what the ICC would have done if the same situation had evolved in some other country than India. It is a joke that our team has to stay at a stadium for security reasons than why have the event in India at all," she said. PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf had suggested to the ICC to shift the World Cup to South Africa.

I for one am happy that the pakistan cricket team is treated like cr@p. Hopefully enough of such incidents and they will stay back in pakistan and never visit India. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom