What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Taiwan, most maids are Philipinos. The mail order brides are from Vietnam or China. I wonder why Taiwanese only regard Philipinos as maids but would marry Vietnamese as there are no Philipino mail order bride.
Ask yourself: would you marry a Philipino girl?

^pinays usually think they're too good for asians and choose white instead. of course, the whites they marry tend to be complete trash.

In Taiwan, most maids are Philipinos. The mail order brides are from Vietnam or China. I wonder why Taiwanese only regard Philipinos as maids but would marry Vietnamese as there are no Philipino mail order bride.
Same culture and look the same on face

Amazing how deep hate and racism is with some of you guys. It does not even bother you that some of you abused them, overwork them, under pay them then cast them out like garbage when you are done. If there is any humanity in you ask yourself why should we treat them different than anyone else coming to work? I am just saying before you comment with hate, know what you're talking about.

^pinays usually think they're too good for asians and choose white instead. of course, the whites they marry tend to be complete trash.
BS racists.

Amazing how deep hate and racism is with some of you guys. It does not even bother you that some of you abused them, overwork them, under pay them then cast them out like garbage when you are done. If there is any humanity in you ask yourself why should we treat them different than anyone else coming to work? I am just saying before you comment with hate, know what you're talking about.

BS racists.

dude the workers has theirs contract agreement.
so when you finished the contract you must back to your country or you will be illegal alien citizen.
don't play victims here when you cannot get your citizenship.
every country has theirs own rules, respect it.
because no one asking you to working there.

I once encountered a Filipina in Hongkong during a dinner with colleagues and friends, she has been linving for quite many years in Hongkong and yet she was the only one not knowing how to use chopsticks and she said that with an air of superiority. My friends and I were quite surprised since the the majority at the table were Europeans and all of us were very skilled at using chopsticks.

It was quite an awkward situation since she was the only one using a knife and fork at the table. The most absurd thing is the way she used the cutlery, she would have failed any what we call "knife and fork test" at a formal dinner in Europe.

No point pulling race card here and there. OP Thread is a troll-fest. Designed to put all the flame in a case that is about 10% on the Pinoy.

Don't know how this got out of hand. It will be the same as if a Chinese working in a Chinese Restaurant in Australia for long time and ask for Permanent Residency. Or an Indian working in a Esso station in America and ask for Permanent Residence or a Vietnamese working in UK as Newspaper delievery man and ask for Residence.

Replace any race with any race and replace any country to any country and finally replace any job with low skill job will have exactly the same outcome. Why focus on Filipino?? They work as a maid, does that mean in whole they are less valued than any member in any community? If your answer is yes, then you have a profound problem on humanity. Suggest you to go see a doctor or simply kill yourselve and start over.

No point pulling race card here and there. OP Thread is a troll-fest. Designed to put all the flame in a case that is about 10% on the Pinoy.

Don't know how this got out of hand. It will be the same as if a Chinese working in a Chinese Restaurant in Australia for long time and ask for Permanent Residency. Or an Indian working in a Esso station in America and ask for Permanent Residence or a Vietnamese working in UK as Newspaper delievery man and ask for Residence.

Replace any race with any race and replace any country to any country and finally replace any job with low skill job will have exactly the same outcome. Why focus on Filipino?? They work as a maid, does that mean in whole they are less valued than any member in any community? If your answer is yes, then you have a profound problem on humanity. Suggest you to go see a doctor or simply kill yourselve and start over.

because as far as i can see the majority of pinoy hates china due to SCS or something called pinoy pride.
so if they hates china why they want to be a HK (china ) citizen lives near Chinese peoples ?
you can see some statement of one pinoy here said that HK government's law is trash.
why ? just because the HK government rejected they bit for residency.
then another statement of pinoy about HK government treat them like subhuman, working to long 13 hours when they usually working 9 hours a day :rofl: c;mon get real !! Chinese is hardworking peoples as far as i know ( i am Chinese ), so you complaining to wrong peoples here.
go to some singapore's forum and search about pinoy and see what Singaporean feels about pinoy !!

so mr.human right's ambassador
why we just focusing about pinoy, because i see the only peoples of nation that hostile toward china and hates Chinese but yet still fight to the death to get china(HK) residency so they can lives near Chinese.
Why ?
your answer ?......

because as far as i can see the majority of pinoy hates china due to SCS or something called pinoy pride.
so if they hates china why they want to be a HK (china ) citizen lives near Chinese peoples ?
you can see some statement of one pinoy here said that HK government's law is trash.
why ? just because the HK government rejected they bit for residency.
then another statement of pinoy about HK government treat them like subhuman, working to long 13 hours when they usually working 9 hours a day :rofl: c;mon get real !! Chinese is hardworking peoples as far as i know ( i am Chinese ), so you complaining to wrong peoples here.
go to some singapore's forum and search about pinoy and see what Singaporean feels about pinoy !!

so mr.human right's ambassador
why we just focusing about pinoy, because i see the only peoples of nation that hostile toward china and hates Chinese but yet still fight to the death to get china(HK) residency so they can lives near Chinese.
Why ?
your answer ?....

Your bold part in the question has already answer my question, why do you need to focus on filipino but not anyone.

First of all, if you follow this case and watch the news (In Chinese or in English at all) you would know the Filipino claim is only a piggy back of the whole case, the case is NOT about right of adobe in HK, but rather the people who request the CPC "Explain" the HK Basic Law.

The main focus of said case is about the the Filipino, but about the Children born in HK with Parent in China and both do not have Residence in HK (In CHinese 雙非). The people request the CPC explain the Bsic law.

First of all, what you say is, because Filipino hate Chinese, you find it funny why Filipino wanted HK residence.

The problem is, this statement alone is problematic, you either believe ALL filipino hate Chinese, so it's funny to see a group of Filipino, who you never talked to, or never even met in person, and brand them hating China, and said it was funny to see them wanting HK residence. To Have a statment like this, unless you have met EVERY Filipino in the world, you are really immature and generally, plain stupid.

Or What you want to do is to stir up the heat and to spike the Filipino Member here. Hence you post this.

So in the end, you are either extremely ignorant, and believe all Filipino hate China or you just want to troll and start this. Either way, if you have a better reason to start this, let me know.

To answer your question.

Why
Did you met every Filipino in the world to have this statment valid? How do you know those people who want to apply for Residence hate China, at best you talked to some Filipino here in this forum or some Random Filipino you enconter in your daily routine and travel. Does that mean All Filipino hate China?? So why would you bring a possibile minority view into a generalised question??

If i say quite a lot of member in this forum hate America, and should i quote some case where Pakistan and CHINESE wanted to become American are hyprocrite?? So in all, you are either really ignorant or you want to start this as a troll-fest, take your pick.

After doing some digging, I found on wiki that almost half of all domestic workers are from the Philippines and the other half are Indonesians. Only a tiny percentage came from Thailand. I hate using wiki but since availability was an issue, it'd have to suffice. If that is true, this might apply to all that fit the criteria of a foreign domestic worker not just Filipinos.

Immigration laws are rarely fair. Fairness is a subjective term and often disappoints as much as it gratifies. Immigration laws, restrictions, and/or enforcement are no different from country to country and region to region. Case and point: If a mainland Chinese person were to apply for Canadian residence in Beijing they have an +80% chance of getting one. If one were to apply from southern China at the HK branch, the chances of that person getting in are less than 50%. Same country, same laws, different enforcement. Sometimes the law just isn't "fair". I believe HK doesn't allow foreign domestic workers from Vietnam because of "security issues". At the end of the day, fairness has nothing to do with it. This specific case is even more cut and dry since that right to apply for residency was waived once the contract was signed.

Also, immigration overtly or covertly based on ancestry or religion isn't in anyway new. Countries like China, Japan, Israel, and Singapore are just a few examples. The phenomenon of "passport babies" is quite widespread in the west as well. In Canada, those laws are antiquated and was based on a time when immigration wasn't as popular as it is today. It just so happens that HK seems to incorporate both of these practices.

At the end of the day, the rule that it's their territory and their rules will ultimately apply. If these maids want residence, I suggest they go through proper channels and go through all the inconveniences (invest, gain education...etc) or whatever is required by HK immigration to find what they're looking for. Sometimes it's an impossibility and the best thing to do is to look for greener pastures.

After doing some digging, I found on wiki that almost half of all domestic workers are from the Philippines and the other half are Indonesians. Only a tiny percentage came from Thailand. I hate using wiki but since availability was an issue, it'd have to suffice. If that is true, this might apply to all that fit the criteria of a foreign domestic worker not just Filipinos.

Immigration laws are rarely fair. Fairness is a subjective term and often disappoints as much as it gratifies. Immigration laws, restrictions, and/or enforcement are no different from country to country and region to region. Case and point: If a mainland Chinese person were to apply for Canadian residence in Beijing they have an +80% chance of getting one. If one were to apply from southern China at the HK branch, the chances of that person getting in are less than 50%. Same country, same laws, different enforcement. Sometimes the law just isn't "fair". I believe HK doesn't allow foreign domestic workers from Vietnam because of "security issues". At the end of the day, fairness has nothing to do with it. This specific case is even more cut and dry since that right to apply for residency was waived once the contract was signed.

Also, immigration overtly or covertly based on ancestry or religion isn't in anyway new. Countries like China, Japan, Israel, and Singapore are just a few examples. The phenomenon of "passport babies" is quite widespread in the west as well. In Canada, those laws are antiquated and was based on a time when immigration wasn't as popular as it is today. It just so happens that HK seems to incorporate both of these practices.

At the end of the day, the rule that it's their territory and their rules will ultimately apply. If these maids want residence, I suggest they go through proper channels and go through all the inconveniences (invest, gain education...etc) or whatever is required by HK immigration to find what they're looking for. Sometimes it's an impossibility and the best thing to do is to look for greener pastures.

So i how can you call denying a person who as comply with all of the requirements and being denied of the rewards of that complainants far? just because her nationality is you people unofficially deemed to be less than human? how is that far?

So i how can you call denying a person who as comply with all of the requirements and being denied of the rewards of that complainants far?

That person didn't comply with all the requirements. The requirements stipulated (which is acts as a legal amendment) that individuals in this profession can't apply for long term residency. Also, it's as stated before, Filipinos may not be the only ones affected by this ruling and if that's that's the case racism in this case doesn't apply since Indonesians and Thai are affected as well.

Yes, nations discriminate by law and enforcement in terms of immigration based on nationality. It's a very universal and common practice even in Canada.

just because her nationality is you people unofficially deemed to be less than human? how is that far?

Again, read my post. Fairness has nothing to do with it. It could be deemed fair to the people to made the laws or the people that are governed by it. That's why I said it's SUBJECTIVE. Why does your interpretation of fair trump those of that territory? Why should your version of fair matter to anyone?

The fact that you refer to me as "you people" tells me all I need to know. You think primitively and do not have the ability to separate the individual from a greater entity. Grow up, kid and get an education.

If Philippines maids can manage to marry their HK employers, then the problem is solved.

From the start these maids were told they were going to Hong Kong for the purpose of work, not immigration. They agreed to the conditions prior to going, and now they want residency? The court made the right call by shutting down their dream. If the maids no longer wish to simply work in Hong Kong, they can go back to their home country and apply for immigration. They don't have any rights to stay just because they were contract workers.

So i how can you call denying a person who as comply with all of the requirements and being denied of the rewards of that complainants far? just because her nationality is you people unofficially deemed to be less than human? how is that far?
Listen well flip, they did not comply with requirements. They were told at the start they were simply in Hong Kong as contract workers, not immigrant. They agreed to the terms before arriving, and now they don't want to recognize it. If your people have trouble understanding that, perhaps you should stay in your country and not contaminate the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom