What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

In the ancient time, our Hung King ruled the country flexibly on majority people Mon/Khmer/H'mong mien/JiaoZhi/kinh etc ... only. He didn't cared to much about other minorities native people. :undecided:

That's why all you people came from North Vietnam.

Hi Vietnamese friends here, I have something to verify. According to various sources, there is a pro-China, and this faction is gaining a slightly upper edge in Vietnam.

I believe Chairman Nong Duc Manh is slightly pro-China,so is Nguyễn Phú Trọng,..etc.

Want to listen to your comment about this.
I see the current Vietnamese government is (very) friendly towards China. So the pro-China faction is indeed in the upper hand. That explains why the government oppresses any protests and any negative reports on China. Moreover VN leadership seeks closer tie with the Chinese. That is unusual considering how rude and aggressive China acts towards Vietnam. Sure, China has softened her stance a bit in the dispute, but the issue is simmering under the carpet.

If this strategy does not pay out, I assume the contra-China faction will return.

map_China_Qing.JPG

The above is the land lost by PRC with respect to Qing and it is a way underestimation of Qing territory. China has no intention to get it back. I see some Vietnamese nationalistic sentiment being over-hyped. Actually China has settled land border dispute with Vietnam -- and almost all her neighbors except India.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/world/asia/01iht-border.1.19027004.html?_r=0

China has given concessions to neighbors so much so that the PRC got whack by netizens. But in all cases, western/Russian medias attacked China's counter-party for being weak and accused the negotiators of being traitors. I think western/Russian medias are trying to fan everyone into hating China, using lies.

We do not know what is inside the China-Vietnam land deal, but this time, I bet Vietnamese can expect a lot of goodies from China. Your leaders must be laughing their ways. But beware of western/Russian media, any land settlement with China will be interpreted as a territory lost and betrayal.

map_China_Qing.JPG

The above is the land lost by PRC with respect to Qing and it is a way underestimation of Qing territory. China has no intention to get it back. I see some Vietnamese nationalistic sentiment being over-hyped. Actually China has settled land border dispute with Vietnam -- and almost all her neighbors except India.

China has given concessions to neighbors so much so that the PRC got whack by netizens. But in all cases, western/Russian medias attacked China's counter-party for being weak and accused the negotiators of being traitors. I think western/Russian medias are trying to fan everyone into hating China, using lies.

We do not know what is inside the China-Vietnam land deal, but this time, I bet Vietnamese can expect a lot of goodies from China. Your leaders must be laughing their ways. But beware of western/Russian media, any land settlement with China will be interpreted as a territory lost and betrayal.

Britain can also claim entire world base on Colonial rule, not a good logic by CCP.

CCP is been infiltrated by CIA and other western agencies and are making china aggressor, CCP must go or china must be subjugated.

Britain can also claim entire world base on Colonial rule, not a good logic by CCP.

CCP is been infiltrated by CIA and other western agencies and are making china aggressor, CCP must go or china must be subjugated.

Cannot reason with Indians. These people do not understand why everyone in the world hate them and they got into problem with all their neighbors. Indians talk a lot making people piss.

Cannot reason with Indians. These people do not understand whey everyone in the world hate them and they got into problem with all their neighbors. Indians talk a lot making people piss.

Are you a Singaporean chinese who are a wannabe White people???

I think that China lost too much in the northeast, looks like Russia made Vladivostok so China can't try to get it back, China lost an access to the sea of Japan.

map_China_Qing.JPG

There are formal territories lost to Russia, North korea, Kazakhstan, Kyrgistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Mongolia and Myanmar, even without taking into account of how much territory was lost in Qing Dynasty. I am not even mentioning about the Qing territories where China has no intention at all to recover. I am talking about the more recent settlements with neighbors.

Two years ago, Tajikistan and China settle border dispute. BBC shouted,
Tajikistan cedes land to China

BBC News - Tajikistan cedes land to China

That is entirely bullshit. While the details of the deal is not made public, there are speculations online that China made a big concessions to Tajikistan that the bill even get through Parliament. Voted in by lawmakers.

I expect similar deals and goodies given to Vietnam. How about India? She is just a big lunatic and Nazi country and base on conduct of Hindutva in this forum, one can bypothesize how difficult it is to make a Hindu come to sense.

map_China_Qing.JPG

Correct, China and Vietnam have finally settled the border demarcation since 2009. It should be allowed that we dabate on history. Nobody wants anything from China.

xin_4620206240729453136162.jpg

xin_232020624073809303421.jpg

xin_2320206240738281242812.jpg

xin_2320206240738578121014.jpg

Correct, China and Vietnam have finally settled the border demarcation since 2009. It should be allowed that we dabate on history. Nobody wants anything from China.

xin_4620206240729453136162.jpg

xin_232020624073809303421.jpg

xin_2320206240738281242812.jpg

xin_2320206240738578121014.jpg

I have not seen China short changing neighbors in territory dispute and China has shown a lot of flexibility. I think China should be willing to make a deal with Vietnam in South China Sea, and I am seeing that Vietnam has refused to toll the USA line unlike Philippines.

Who knows, Vietnamese and PRC leaders have strike some deals in S China Sea. Just like China has allowed Malaysia to quietly occupy Spratly.

I expect similar deals and goodies given to Vietnam. How about India? She is just a big lunatic and Nazi country and base on conduct of Hindutva in this forum, one can bypothesize how difficult it is to make a Hindu come to sense.
Actually the details were not made public, but some suspected Vietnamese government ceded some concessionto China. For instance, the friendship gate was tradionally the exact marker between China and Vietnam since the Ming Dynasty, and now it lies well within Chinese territory. :(

Friendship Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Youyi_Guan.jpg

Actually the details were not made public, but some suspected Vietnamese government ceded some lands to China. For instance, the friendship gate was tradionally the exact marker between China and Vietnam, and now it lies well within Chinese territory. :(

Friendship Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Youyi_Guan.jpg

Nationalist on both side will sensationalize territory lost. I think its not likely China will short-changed Vietnam. Anyway, it is good that both people can make a deal.

Beware of all western media. They will cry territory lost whenever they see someone settling their dispute with China.

Land lost by Chinese? :omghaha: Some foreign invaders(Manchus) comes from the other side of Great Wall against whom Chinese once built Great Wall of China, they added more territories in China and lost control on most of it during the end days of the Qing dynasty and now the same earlier part of Qing dynasty along with land of neighbouring countries became lost land of the Chinese people. :omghaha::omghaha:

Before 1947, no India, and India got inheritance from British. See whether Indian can forgo Kashmir, Goa and Kalistan.

Last edited:
I have not seen China short changing neighbors in territory dispute and China has shown a lot of flexibility. I think China should be willing to make a deal with Vietnam in South China Sea, and I am seeing that Vietnam has refused to toll the USA line unlike Philippines.

Who knows, Vietnamese and PRC leaders have strike some deals in S China Sea. Just like China has allowed Malaysia to quietly occupy Spratly.
I hope so. The tension sucks.

An interesting note, at present a Chinese delegation led by Wang Jiarui, head of the Chinese Communist Party’s International Liaison Department visits Vietnam. He says to his Vietnamese host:

"The two countries should cooperate to strengthen solidarity, seizing mutual opportunities and presenting a united front against hostile conspiracies." :-)

VN%20China.jpg

I don't think it takes a genius to realize that the Warring States are Chinese,no one ever viewed Zhao as semi barbaric unlike GouWu,YuYue,Qin and Chu.

Yes Qin unified Northern China however to say China existed then is ridiculous,there was the previous Zhou and Shang which are recognized worldwide as Chinese.

Did Vietnam exist only after the conquest of Cham,of course not...

I never stated that Nanyue is Chinese stop putting words in my mouth,I stated Zhao Tuo is Chinese.

Vietnamese nationalists always harp on how China was under foreign rule yet several Vietnamese dynasties had Chinese ancestors so its the pot calling the kettle black.

You do realize that Zhao Tuo relented to being a vassal under the Han and apologized for his aggressiveness against Changsha.

Why Zhao Tuo sought to rival the Han is unknown it could be anything from avarice,revenge or a grand delusion.

Where are the primary sources that said he fought for the Yue identity which you nationalist Vietnamese wish to twist that he was fighting for Vietnamese.

More than likely Nanyue was a Sincized kingdom with a mixed population of Qin convicts/soldiers and various Baiyue tribes that later conquered Au Lac,true Zhao Tuo squatted like a Yue and adopted some clothing however from artifacts Chinese seals,jade suits and government were still used.

Keep in mind that Zhao Tuo's capital was in Panyu and that it is unknown what time of Baiyue his descendants married.

If you are at all interested in the subject why don't you read modern day research such as 古南越国史 or primary sources such as Shiji?

It seems quite common of you to resort to petty insults when you are backed into a corner.

Tell me,where is the historical and archaeological proof for the existence of Xich Quy,Van Lang or Hung Kings?

Strange how you mention I'm obsessed with Baiyue people,they are natives of Southern China I cannot deny that my ancestors mixed with them,however nationalistic Vietnamese always try to claim that Southern Han Chinese are brainwashed and are kin.

Is that not a sign of inferiority complex?

Now you show your true colors,regardless there is no proof of kingdom of that size and is nothing more than mental masturbation:D

I find it absolutely hilarious how former vassals/tributaries of China try to piggy back off China's splendor and civilization.

Not only to nationalistic Vietnamese and Koreans distort history they even claim that Chinese are part Korean or Vietnamese!

Seems like the only thing that will satisfy these nationalists is the China splintering into smaller factions and recognizing their "lost" Baiyue/Nomadic roots.

You are stupid historian when you can not understand what is the different thing here.

Mongolian and Manchurian were foreigners, they invaded in to China and ruled Chinese.

Ly, Tran and Ho were Yue people came to Vietnam, they were Vietnamezed after many generations living in Vietnam.

Most important thing for the matter is that they fought against domination or invasion of chinese aggressors in to Vietnam, Tang, Mongolian or Ming aggressors.

Its difference, you are fake little historian.:omghaha:

this is their history
WATER_11599_2007_9033_Fig4_HTML.jpg

dark skin and uncivilised Annam race came from South and move up

good job my Chinaman friend, the Annam race got massive inferiority complex, they was humiliated by Ming so to make themself feel less of inferior race after when wrote the history just copy pasted from Chinese historical records and now they made ridiculous claims, all the ancient Viets histories belong to Tai

Skin color of Sino Khmer Rouge is darker than us. But color is not important, it is problem with your mentality when you go to dead for interest of your master sitting in Peking.

Polpot did not like living in Phnompen, he went to jungle to fight against Vietnamese, late on Vietnam and China shaked hands to normalization the relation. Camrades of Polpot go to jail to answer for his crime against Cambodian and Vietnamese people. :pleasantry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom