What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

(A) Germany lost a lot of territories from Belgium, France, Poland, Russia; Turkey lost lots of its land from Russia, Greece, etc.; Japan lost its islands from Russia; Spain lost its important port from Britian... yet China has already taken back Hong Kong and Macau, who is the winner.
(B) That was "lost", not "sold".

(A) Said the one who lost its WHOLE land from its neighbors China, France and Japan.
(B) Japan lost the war in WW2.
(C) At least Taiwan no longer belongs to Japan.

I'm criticizing your unbelievable stupid nonsenses, not his.

Nope, it is not a matter of "becoming Chinese".

the Treaty of Nanking—the what the Chinese later called the unequal treaties—granted an indemnity to Britain, to "indemnity" I said that your were "Sold" by way to paid compensation by China to Britain.

China was loser. I's truth.

the Treaty of Nanking—the what the Chinese later called the unequal treaties—granted an indemnity to Britain, to "indemnity" I said that your were "Sold" by way to paid compensation by China to Britain.

Vietnam was the ultimate looser then since France colonized the entire country, and apparenlty Vietnam is still a looser today since we control Taiping island and Vietnam claims it as its own territory.

We kept korea divided???

We have donated tens of thousand of lives in korea and you, the same like those n.k. bastards, say we China kept it divided???

Without China, n.k. has already been obliterated already.

Without China, if not France, U.S. would have already burnt your axx hundred of times already.

What a bunch of idiots.

stalin sent most of its support to kmt, you are such an ignorant fxxk.

stalin stole outer mongolia from China, who the hell betrayed who???

It shows China policy towards vn is very correct: pounding this sob if it dares to do anything harmful to any surrounding countries. China will keep you in a leash. Unfortunately, that is your destiny for thousand of years and it will be like that in the future.

stalin sent most of its support to kmt, you are such an ignorant fxxk.

stalin stole outer mongolia from China, who the hell betrayed who???

It shows China policy towards vn is very correct: pounding this sob if it dares to do anything harmful to any surrounding countries. China will keep you in a leash. Unfortunately, that is your destiny for thousand of years and it will be like that in the future.

CPC was in Alliance with the Kuomintang: 1935–1940. When Japan invaded China, Soviet Union could supported to both side. But CPC and Mao has taken his relax in Dian An, applied his trick "sitting on mountain, watching tigers in fighting".

After the end of World War II, the Soviet Union gave quasi-covert support to Mao by their occupation of north east China, which allowed the PLA to move in en masse and took large supplies of arms left by the Japanese's Kwantung Army.

To counter chinese dirty policy against Vietnam, we will do every thing if it to be necessary to defend our country sovereignty, dependence and freedom.

Vietnam was the ultimate looser then since France colonized the entire country, and apparenlty Vietnam is still a looser today since we control Taiping island and Vietnam claims it as its own territory.

Taiwan stolen our Island Itu Aba 1956. We will take it back, kid.

thank you for the post (except the part of with massage parlours... LOL). Actually we don´t have bad feelings towards our previous enemies... old days, luckily long gone, opponents yesterday, friends today.

Despite Vietnam still face many challenges, I am pretty sure, we can manage that. As for Bitexco Financial Tower, it is really beautiful, especially at night.

Looking for short term interest is part of hunan nature, Vietnam need U.S as counter-weight to China, so it is willing to swallow historical humiliation and desasters, same go for Japan: Sometime you just hate to do something you don't like but you just don't have better choice or alternative...I guess I won't do better than other human in this planet.

the Vietnamese people surely do like to spit in the faces of their ancestors by ignoring modern history and going this far, they have been shafted this way that way by the US yet here they are soliciting big daddy, time and again they stupidly blame the economic and social problems of the country on communism yet say nothing about the lack of reparations or economic sanctions that crippled the rebuilding of the nation, it's like a dog who can't help but welcome it's master no matter how badly they are treated

CPC was in Alliance with the Kuomintang: 1935–1940. When Japan invaded China, Soviet Union could supported to both side. But CPC and Mao has taken his relax in Dian An, applied his trick "sitting on mountain, watching tigers in fighting".

After the end of World War II, the Soviet Union gave quasi-covert support to Mao by their occupation of north east China, which allowed the PLA to move in en masse and took large supplies of arms left by the Japanese's Kwantung Army.

To counter chinese dirty policy against Vietnam, we will do every thing if it to be necessary to defend our country sovereignty, dependence and freedom.

Taiwan stolen our Island Itu Aba 1956. We will take it back, kid.

CCP were in alliance with KMT on the bidding of the Soviets but it's opinions like these that make outsiders such as myself really resent the backstabbing nature of the current Vietnamese populace, when in need they cosy up to the Chinese like no tomorrow, it is known that in the 50s and early 60s after the CCP took power that there was a close relationship between the Chinese and Vietnamese leadership, whether this was a relationship based only on mutual interests or more than that then I don't know but on a personal level Zhou Enlai and Mr Ho Chi Minh were quite close, had there been no Chinese intervention then who knows how history would have panned out for these hooligans in the first Indochina war, makes me think they should actually be paying tribute of some sort as token of appreciation but no, in true Vietnamese fashion they now have the audacity to stir the pot ignoring the admissions in 1958, there is no sense of honour at all with these people

as for ancient Vietnamese history I don't really think it would be wise for these guys to be claiming Baiyue, Au Lac or the Trung sisters as your history since An Duong Vuong was an ethnic Tay and the Trung sisters are not conclusively proven as having Vietnamese origin so who really knows where the Vietnamese history actually begins since the Ly emperor was a Chinese

Is Vietnam our friend or enemy? I cannot get a good understanding of this country?

being friendly but not friends would be nice then Vietnam doesn't have to play friends and enemies with anyone, just stay neutral with everyone, go back to the policies of the honourable Nguyen

Is Vietnam our friend or enemy? I cannot get a good understanding of this country?

It depends on your actions and attitude with them.

P/s: 東京(The Eastern Capital) not only was the name of Tokyo, it also was:

- The name of Hanoi under Le Dynasty(黎朝). Westerners called it Tonkin.

- The name of Kaifeng(开封) under Northern Song Dynasty(北宋).

In Vietnamese literature, Hanoi was also called Tràng An(长安).

the Vietnamese people surely do like to spit in the faces of their ancestors by ignoring modern history and going this far, they have been shafted this way that way by the US yet here they are soliciting big daddy, time and again they stupidly blame the economic and social problems of the country on communism yet say nothing about the lack of reparations or economic sanctions that crippled the rebuilding of the nation, it's like a dog who can't help but welcome it's master no matter how badly they are treated

CCP were in alliance with KMT on the bidding of the Soviets but it's opinions like these that make outsiders such as myself really resent the backstabbing nature of the current Vietnamese populace, when in need they cosy up to the Chinese like no tomorrow, it is known that in the 50s and early 60s after the CCP took power that there was a close relationship between the Chinese and Vietnamese leadership, whether this was a relationship based only on mutual interests or more than that then I don't know but on a personal level Zhou Enlai and Mr Ho Chi Minh were quite close, had there been no Chinese intervention then who knows how history would have panned out for these hooligans in the first Indochina war, makes me think they should actually be paying tribute of some sort as token of appreciation but no, in true Vietnamese fashion they now have the audacity to stir the pot ignoring the admissions in 1958, there is no sense of honour at all with these people

as for ancient Vietnamese history I don't really think it would be wise for these guys to be claiming Baiyue, Au Lac or the Trung sisters as your history since An Duong Vuong was an ethnic Tay and the Trung sisters are not conclusively proven as having Vietnamese origin so who really knows where the Vietnamese history actually begins since the Ly emperor was a Chinese

I think you are chinese, not korean.

^
would you believe me if I said I was overseas born Vietnamese?

all I know is my surname is Nguyen and I'm not Hoa so it's up to you

I wish Vietnam would be an island like Japan, protected by a vast ocean.

You sign an unequal treaties if you lose a war, just like what Germany, Turkey and the rest of the world do. This is a freaking common "rule". It is not a business of freaking "selling" nor buying.

Everybody knows that China was poor and undeveloped, and Vietnam was/is worse. no one can deny that.

I got a question.
What's the oldest surviving literary work in vietnam and what does it say?
I don´t know, my bad. But if any then that were written in Viet ancient characters in times of Hùng Vương period (2879 bc-258 bc) before Vietnam adopted Chinese.

Hùng V

20130131092033-3.JPG

The modern Vietnamese scripts (left) and the ancient Vietnamese scripts

20130131092033-1.jpg

Ancient Vietnamese writing decoded - News VietNamNet

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom