What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

I think I did the same, with the tag "tuong tran hung dao o thanh hoa" and chocked in web first, and I checked one by one, ... then images and last to the news. in the same manner but I didn't found it.

I'm not living Than Hoa now, but I think Thanh Hoa province (đất quận Cửu Chân in the past) is very important area of Vietnam, it was called " Đất Thang mộc ". Some one is my friend from North Vietnam, he said that Thanh Hoa is native land (home town ) of five Dynasty of Vietnam and Nine generation of war lords who have been reigned our country until recently . Nguyen Dynasty from Nguyen Hoang is came from Ha Trung, Thanh Hoa.
That is very interesting. Now I really want to hear you and @dichoi debate on this subject.

We are not ignoring on purpose. We see that you are a talented and a knowledgable person and do not want to spoil our relationship with you. I see that you wield Guan Yu as your avatar. You believe in righteousness. You my join us, because we would all love to hear your friendly opinions on the subject matter. However, no more insults of ancestors and disrespect for others history. No put downs! Agree?
Not this nonsense again,all you do is repeat the same lies over and over again.

China invaded Vietnam because Vietnamese raided Chinese provinces or killed Chinese embassies.

Considering how Kinh Vietnamese have Chinese blood in them you would be insulting your own ancestors.

Then again you ignored me because you can never provide a proper rebuttal:woot:

We are not ignoring on purpose. We see that you are a talented and a knowledgable person and do not want to spoil our relationship with you. I see that you wield Guan Yu as your avatar. You believe in righteousness. You my join us, because we would all love to hear your friendly opinions on the subject matter. However, no more insults of ancestors and disrespect for others history. No put downs! Agree?
I insult those who rely on nationalistic reinterpretations of history,relying on myths and legends as proof how mighty their kingdom/state/ethnicity was(this also includes Chinese).

If you're going to prove that the Hung Kings existed then provide some sources other than texts written thousands of years later.

Really the disrespect is mainly from the Vietnamese side go read EastSea or Rechoice's posts always clamoring how Chinese stole Vietnamese lands,how Southern Han Chinese should reclaim independence,how Chinese stole Vietnaemse culture etc.

I would like to address a neutral word of my opinion to all. We all know both of our history too well, the greatest to the shamed, as well as history of others cultures. Let us learn from it so that we do not make the same mistake as before. Let us focus our energy together as intellects in rebuilding our country so that we may be proud of it, for the better good of our people and humanity while maintaining mutual respect for each other's countries.

When we lose hope or become frustrated on our current and future endeavors, remember this: The Forbidden Palace was built without using a single nail to sustain its structure, therefore, one do not need to rely on aggressive force to maintain a strong governance structure.

My best wishes to all and thank you for taking your time out to read this.

@Grand Historian[/USER, @[USER=162108]FairAndUnbiased[/USER, @[USER=162108]ChineseTiger1986[/USER,
@[USER=162108]viet[/USER, @[USER=162108]dichoi[/USER, @[USER=162108]EastSea[/USER, @[USER=162108]xesy[/USER, @[USER=162108]Black Flag[/USER,
@[USER=162108]NiceGuy[/USER, @[USER=162108]starcraft_ZT[/USER
[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

When we lose hope or become frustrated on our current and future endeavors, remember this: The Forbidden Palace was built without using a single nail to sustain its structure, therefore, one do not need to rely on aggressive force to maintain a strong governance structure.

I'm impressed with your humility, respect and grace , @Rent - Senpai. I wish that many of us would behave with the same decorum that you have shown to all of us here, in fact, i will say that your interaction with all the users so far have been respectable and agreeable. Wishing for more continued interaction with you, and long may you always grace us with your membership and activity.

I feel sorry for Vietnam.

Vietnam culture had been changed a lot during French colonial era. The French forced Vietnam abolish her traditional language and adopt French designed alphabet language.Viets were culturally conquered and totally brainwashed by white men.

Why does Vietnam continue to use this language left by former master, even after you get independent from France ? This language is a symbol of shame and humiliation. Why can't Vietnam grow some self-esteem and do what Algeria did, reinstate traditional language's official status(in Algeria's case is Arabic) as soon as you become your own men ?

I feel sorry for Vietnam.

Vietnam culture had been changed a lot during French colonial era. The French forced Vietnam abolish her traditional language and adopt French designed alphabet language.Viets were culturally conquered and totally brainwashed by white men.

Why does Vietnam continue to use this language left by former master, even after you get independent from France ? This language is a symbol of shame and humiliation. Why can't Vietnam grow some self-esteem and do what Algeria did, reinstate traditional language's official status(in Algeria's case is Arabic) as soon as you become your own men ?
Bcz its easier to learn that Chinese writing, thats why most of VNese can read and write while millions Chinese can not write Chinese characters properly.

Last edited:

Chinese characters properly
Bcz its easier to learn that Chinese writing, thats why most of VNese can read and write while millions Chinese can not write Chinese characters properly.

Vietnam literacy rate 2002 est 94%
China Literacy rate 2002 est 95.1%
am I missing something here?
We must be smart to learn such difficult language then lol

So what's the final conclusion?

Both China and Vietnam have high literacy rates.

So what's the final conclusion?

Both China and Vietnam have high literacy rates.

I don't draw any conclusions, but his statement more people in Vietnam can read than China is simply not true.

we also have many tens of millions minority that does not speak in Chinese (or any local tone), therefore does not read or write chinese (like Tibetans, Mongolians, Hui, and uyghur and Koreans ethnics).

Vietnam literacy rate 2002 est 94%
China Literacy rate 2002 est 95.1%
am I missing something here?
We must be smart to learn such difficult language then lol
Im saying that Chinese character is hard to memorize and write properly, not abt literacy.

Every VNese can write VNese easily when lots of Chinese worry that they cant write their character property now.
Chinese
COLUMN ONE
China worries about losing its character(s)
More and more Chinese are realizing they can't remember exactly how to write a given character.
July 12, 2010|By Barbara Demick, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Beijing — Texting and typing are replacing the elaborate strokes that make up written Chinese. And when it comes time to jot down a few words, more Chinese are realizing they can't remember exactly how.

For Ma Silang, the long descent into forgetfulness began after he graduated from high school, went off to London for three years to study photography and bought his first computer.

Now the 30-year-old fashion photographer, a native Beijinger, has such difficulty writing in his mother tongue that the other day when he was scribbling a shopping list for himself he suddenly realized that he had forgotten one of two characters that make up the Chinese word for "shampoo."

"It is inevitable that we forget our Chinese characters unless we make a special effort to practice writing a few hours each week, and who has time for that?" said Ma, looking up from an iPhone on which he was tapping a message while waiting for his MacBook to be repaired at Beijing's Apple store.

China worries about losing its character(s) - Los Angeles Times

I don't draw any conclusions, but his statement more people in Vietnam can read than China is simply not true.

we also have many tens of millions minority that does not speak in Chinese (or any local tone), therefore does not read or write chinese (like Tibetans, Mongolians, Hui, and uyghur and Koreans ethnics).

Chinese written language is one of the hardest to master. Unlike Latin alphabet where there's only 26 letters , there are thousands of Hanzi characters. Mastery of Chinese written language takes years to accomplish.

Chinese character is pictograph, it's more complicated to write. English or other alphabetic writing are alphabetical.

This is two different system of language. Alphabetical is easy to write and speak out, pictograph language like cuneiform in old Egypt and Hanzi in China is hard to write, but a single character could carry more meanings than alphabetical language.

Chinese character is pictograph, it's more complicated to write. English or other alphabetic writing are alphabetical.

This is two different system of language. Alphabetical is easy to write and speak out, pictograph language like cuneiform in old Egypt and Hanzi in China is hard to write, but a single character could carry more meanings than alphabetical language.

Reminds me when I was younger, every time I did not know the meaning of a Kanji character, my elementary teacher would hit our fingers with a ruler. Talk about forced memorization eh? Lol.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom