What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

[quote="sreekumar, post: 6167364, member: 150861]

Do you know Kalari ?:D[/quote]
I know KairAli

Like this theory ..... there are multiple ones out there .

Unless Govt. sanctions some project to find out the ancestry of each group ,..... I don't think it will be possible to find out which is right or wrong .
Personally,i don't like these DNA analysis shits...
Northern parts of Srilanka,especially jaffna has lot of Kerala Malayalam influence in culture,food and language..
In jaffna dialect the word 'PARA' means talk ust like in Malayalam..
and also 'IRAAVILLAI' means morning,Ravilla in Malayalam..etc..

...... Unlikely cousins: Ezhava and Jat Sikh

The basis of AIT has been tested by several genetic diversity studies. DNA samples taken from thousands of Indians have been compared with population groups from other
parts of the world, particularly Europe and Central Asia.
The latest one is from Kerala, which is my home state on India’s south-western coast.
According to the study, two entirely different castes – Ezhava, also known as Thiyya in northern Kerala, and Jat Sikh of Punjab – show
remarkable genetic similarity.
In fact, Ezhavas showed more genotypic resemblance to the Jat Sikh population of Punjab, Turks and Germans than to East Asians, says the study by the Department of
Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering at the Sree Budha College of Engineering in Pattoor, Kerala. It was conducted by department head Dr Seema Nair, Aswathy Geetha and Chippy Jagannath under the aegis of Dr K. Sasikumar, the chairman of the
institute. It has also been published in the Croatian Medical Journal.
Before we jump into the study, here’s a little note about genetics. For various reasons, DNA material undergoes slight alterations or
mutations in the course of time. The mutations then become characteristic of the line of descendants. These mutations, or genetic markers, are organised into categories called haplotypes. Basically, your haplotype is your
genetic fingerprint.
The Sree Budha study examined DNA from the Y chromosome, which is also known as the male chromosome because it is found only in males. More specifically, it examined Y Short Tandem Repeat (Y STR) DNA present in the Y chromosome. As these DNA sequences are passed from father to son, it is also useful in forensics and paternity testing.
The Ezhava population was compared with other Indian populations and with selected
world populations in order to investigate the pattern of paternal contributions. Nair’s team examined 104 haplotypes among the Ezhavas.
Ten were found identical to the Jat Sikhs, which is the highest number among Indian populations, and four to the Turkish population, which is the highest among European populations.
“The comparison suggests a genetic link between the populations,” says Nair. Ezhavas, she argues, are genetically more similar to Europeans (60 percent) than to East Asians (40 percent).
My interaction with Nair, who comes across as witty and erudite, was primarily fuelled by my search for my own roots. I belong to the same
Ezhava community, which is at the centre of this research.
The Ezhavas have an intriguing history. The most persistent belief is that they are the original people of Kerala – the soldiers of the Villavar (archer) community which founded the Chera kingdom. It is a measure of their martial traditions that among the Ezhavas are the Chekavar – the only kamikaze group of fighters
known in Indian history.
What is intriguing about the study is that the Ezhavas, a Dravidian group, are now being described as closer to Jat Sikhs, Europeans and Central Asians.
In terms of physical appearance, the Ezhavas are brown Caucasians. However, typical of many Indian communities, there are plenty of
very dark and very fair people among them.
On the other hand, the Jat Sikhs who live 3000 km up north are a lot fairer. Plus, Jat Sikh surnames such Mann, Bader, Brar, Dhillon and Virk have an uncanny Germanic resonance.
Indeed, it is worth mentioning the during the early part of the 20th century Sikh immigrants to the US convinced the Immigration &
Naturalization Service to grant them white status. Those days only white Europeans were allowed to enter the United States as immigrants. However, later the INS wised up to
the fact that the Sikhs “weren’t that white” and again categorised them as Asian.
So there you have it. One group of Indians, the Ezhavas, and another group, the Jat Sikhs. The only thing they have in common is a martial
tradition. And yet you have this study asserting that the two communities – that have never mixed and live thousands of miles away – are
closer genetically than to communities that live close by.........

LOL...I think this man is drawing a wrong conclusion.

The data showed that from the sample ONLY 10% of Ezahavas had genetic markers of Jats. Not the rest of the 90% :cheesy:

I suspect they could be part of Buddhist sangha who moved into kerala and some north Indian jains.

He is also wrong about chekavar's being the only kamikaze fighters in kerala.

Last edited:
LOL...I think this man is drawing a wrong conclusion.

The data showed that from the sample ONLY 10% of Ezahavas had genetic markers of Jats. No the rest of the 90% :cheesy:

I suspect they could be part of Buddhist sangha who moved into kerala and some north Indian jains.

He is also wrong about chekavar's being the only kamikaze fighters in kerala.
why??...All Malayalis are MIXED...
Even within EEZHAVA caste..
some population may identical to jatt and some to a Sinhalese or to a European gypsy..
it underlying my THEORY..

May be its due to changes in food habits,life styles etc etc...
Like i said earlier..All modern MALAYALIS are MIXED,be its a high,backward classes..Thats why majority Malayali population looks more or less similar in appearance and body structure..
Posters like Lord Manvan are desperately trying to segregate MALAYALIS on the basis of caste and religion..For him A Malayali Nair is more closer to a hindu sindhi from Pakistan than his own Malayali Muslim,Christian brethren...

You are a pathetic low life.

I have tied my best to treat you with respect even when you did not deserve it, but I can see now that like a dog's tail you will always remain a low life who's only claim to fame is SLANDER.

Continue with your prejudice and hate. Now crawl back to that hole you came from.

why??...All Malayalis are MIXED...
Even within EEZHAVA caste..
some population may identical to jatt and some to a Sinhalese or to a European gypsy..
it underlying my THEORY..

LOL. They are all MIXED just because a fool like you claim so ? .........just so that you can compensate for your inferiority complex by living in a make belief world ?

You can spin all kind of THEORIES and live in your own fantasy world. Don't involve me in it.

@Gibbs , @ShreddeR

Few months back I had a discussion with a SL member about the ceylon ancestry of Nair caste in Kerala .

If it was one among you , can you please post the link to those article .

Personally,i don't like these DNA analysis shits...
Northern parts of Srilanka,especially jaffna has lot of Kerala Malayalam influence in culture,food and language..
In jaffna dialect the word 'PARA' means talk ust like in Malayalam..
and also 'IRAAVILLAI' means morning,Ravilla in Malayalam..etc..

It is the only scientific way as of now .

Again influences will be there but the question is where from and where to ??

@Gibbs , @ShreddeR

Few months back I had a discussion with a SL member about the ceylon ancestry of Nair caste in Kerala .

Not me mate.. Though im a genealogy buff.. My knowledge of the Sinhalese ancestry are limited.. It was probably @ShreddeR

I have tied my best to treat you with respect even when you did not deserve it, but I can see now that like a dog's tail you will always remain a low life who's only claim to fame is SLANDER.

Continue with your prejudice and hate. Now crawl back to that hole you came from.

LOL. They are all MIXED just because a fool like you claim so ? .........just so that you can compensate for your inferiority complex by living in a make belief world ?

You can spin all kind of THEORIES and live in your own fantasy world. Don't involve me in it.
I said All Malayalis are Mixed,not just Nairs or Eezhavas..
I am also a Malayali and from a so called upper caste....
you could see a lot of fair/height and dark /short complexion peoples even within same family members of every caste in Kerala..be it a Syrian or a Nair...
Truths always better for you CASTIEST peoples..

@Gibbs , @ShreddeR

FOR WHAT???..its useless...
They are now part and parcel of GREAT TAMIL culture and proud to be called as TAMILS..They may take CHOOLU and pour CHAANAKA VELLAM,if anyone approach them with DNA analysis report...

Last edited:
you could see a lot of fair/height and dark /short complexion peoples even within same family members of every caste in Kerala..be it a Syrian or a Nair...

Ya, No EVIDENCE is required.

Just repeating something 100 times make it the truth. LOL.

The name kerala is first mentioned in 261 BC in the edicts of Emperor Ashoka when he mentions one of his neighbours to the south as "Kedalaputho" or 'Kerala-puthra' as we understand it today. or it could very well mean "kadala puthra" or children of the ocean.

Map of 300BC showing Keralaputas .

East-Hem_300bc.jpg

FOR WHAT???..its useless...
They are now part and parcel of GREAT TAMIL culture and proud to be called as TAMILS..They may take CHOOLU and pour CHAANAKA VELLAM,if anyone approach them with DNA analysis report...

Thats right Tamilians dont even put their surnames like Nair ,menon ,Ayer etc for official purpose .They dont like that.

You know even if there is strong caste mentality among Keralites, during kings rule uppercaste people like Nairs and Namboodiris always harrased low caste people.They dont have any hesitation to rape these so called untouchables.They dont have any type of caste problem for insulting women.
So mixing might be happened.

Thats right Tamilians dont even put their surnames like Nair ,menon ,Ayer etc for official purpose .They dont like that.

You know even if there is strong caste mentality among Keralites, during kings rule uppercaste people like Nairs and Namboodiris always harrased low caste people.They dont have any hesitation to rape these so called untouchables.They dont have any type of caste problem for insulting women.
So mixing might be happened.
Nope..Some sections of them used to put caste names like iyer,iyengar,chettiyaar,mudaliar,gounder etc..but not so common among younger generations.(except iyer and iyengar)...
caste discrimination/clashes are very very common and intense among Tamils..but whenever any threat/problem comes to their STATE/LANGUAGE/CULTURE from outside..they all get United shedding their caste/religious rivalries and differences..Thamilukku yethaavathu aachuna uyir koduthu poraaduvaanga..
Actually many of the Tamil castes have North Indian orgin..but unlike us they don't give any f about it..

Nope..Some sections of them used to put caste names like iyer,iyengar,chettiyaar,mudaliar,gounder etc..but not so common among younger generations.(except iyer and iyengar)...
caste discrimination/clashes are very very common and intense among Tamils..but whenever any threat/problem comes to their STATE/LANGUAGE/CULTURE from outside..they all get United shedding their caste/religious rivalries and differences..Thamilukku yethaavathu aachuna uyir koduthu poraaduvaanga..
Actually many of the Tamil castes have North Indian orgin..but unlike us they don't give any f about it..

AFAIK only Iyers and that class people have some NI origin .I dont think like that about rest of them.
I wrote an exam of TNPSC .I cant fill my surname Nair in the application.A Tamilian told me that they dont like that.

Back
Top Bottom