What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

AFAIK only Iyers and that class people have some NI origin .I dont think like that about rest of them.
I wrote an exam of TNPSC .I cant fill my surname Nair in the application.A Tamilian told me that they dont like that.
many had.for eg.-,VELLALA caste..

Vellalars (also, Velalars , Vellalas ) were, originally an elite caste of Tamil agricultural landlords in Tamil Nadu, Kerala states in India and in neighbouring Sri Lanka; they were the aristocracy of the ancient Tamil order ( Chera/ Chola/ Pandya/Sangam era) and had close
relations with the different royal dynasties.
Literary, archeological sources trace the origin of the Vellalars to a group of royal house chieftains called Vel or Velir. According to old Hindu, Tamil texts, the Velirs were warriors
from the Yadu Kshatriya clan ( Chandravanshi lineage); they came to south from the city of Dvārakā in north India under the leadership of
the Vedic sage Agastya. They have been described as Upper Shudras or Sat-shudras in the Brahmanical Varna system.......

You know even if there is strong caste mentality among Keralites, during kings rule uppercaste people like Nairs and Namboodiris always harrased low caste people.They dont have any hesitation to rape these so called untouchables.They dont have any type of caste problem for insulting women.
So mixing might be happened.

Interesting. I suppose you will be providing EVIDENCE of this Rape ? I will be waiting for your evidence :lol:

What has insulting anyone got to do with caste ? ...... you don't like somebody you insult them, where does caste come into the picture ? :cheesy:

Are you now claiming that Ezehavas are products of rape by Nairs ? :woot: .....what exactly are you trying to say ?

Interesting. I suppose you will be providing EVIDENCE of this Rape ? I will be waiting for your evidence :lol:

What has insulting anyone got to do with caste ? ...... you don't like somebody you insult them, where does caste come into the picture ? :cheesy:

Are you now claiming that Ezehavas are products of rape by Nairs ? :woot: .....what exactly are you trying to say ?

'Onnenkil Assante Nenjathu allenkil Kalarikku purathu'.
I heard a lot of true stories about the atrocities carried out by cruel uppercaste people(majority namboodiris) against lower caste innocents (means Dalits and sometimes Ezhavas ) .Noone need evidence for that .No other Keralites cant object me for that.

'Onnenkil Assante Nenjathu allenkil Kalarikku purathu'.
I heard a lot of true stories about the atrocities carried out by cruel uppercaste people(majority namboodiris) against lower caste innocents (means Dalits and sometimes Ezhavas ) .Noone need evidence for that .No other Keralites cant object me for that.

You are the one using slander to make your vacuous point. There are historic records that called kerala one of the safest places in India. It was said that a women could walk in the night fully decked in gold and no one would attack her. Ibn Battuta has mentioned that in his memoirs.

Vadakkan veeragatha was made on two Ezheva heros. :angel:

Both Aromal Chekaver and Chanthu Chekavar (chadiyan Chanthu) were Ezhevas. By your logic they would have gone around Insulting and raping women.

Here is a list of other Ezheva warriors.

Renakeerthy Chekavar was the Chief Commander of Marthanda Varma’s army (Travacore kingdome)

Akathiyadi Panicker was Chief army Commander of Kottarakkara kingdom

Ambanattu Panicker was chief army commander of Chempakassery kingdom

Pappan Chekavar was a Kalarippayyattu trainer, palace physician and commander of Chempazhanthy Pillai’s army

Lokanatha Panicker and his son Patheenatha Panicker of Varanapally tharavad was Chief army commanders of Kayamkulam kingdom.

Mokkad Kesava Panicker of the Mokkad tharavad near Pettah in Thiruvananthapuram was the Kalarippayyattu teacher of Kazhakuttam Pillai, head of the Ettuveettil-pillamar army.

Are you going to accuse them of rape, insult and plunder too ? :cheesy: ..... or is your slander reserved to Nair's and Namboodris ? You are free to self flagellate but do not expect others to join you.

"The haplotypes of the Ezhavas were compared with the haplotypes of other Indian populations (Table 3). The pairwise difference analysis results were 0.0528 for Punjab Jat, 0.0691 for the Turkish population, 0.1024 for the Haryana Jat, and 0.1785 for Germans. These values show that Ezhava population is distant from other Indian populations and close to the Punjab Jat and Turkish population, as well as the Jammu population (Saraswat Brahmin), with a pairwise distance value of 0.0561, and the Jharkhand population (Sakaldwipi Brahmin), with a value of 0.0617 (Figure 1)."

CroatMedJ_52_0344-F1.jpg

Y-short tandem repeat haplotype and paternal lineage of the Ezhava population of Kerala, south India

You are the one using slander to make your vacuous point. There are historic records that called kerala one of the safest places in India. It was said that a women could walk in the night fully decked in gold and no one would attack her. Ibn Battuta has mentioned that in his memoirs.

Vadakkan veeragatha was made on two Ezheva heros. :angel:

Both Aromal Chekaver and Chanthu Chekavar (chadiyan Chanthu) were Ezhevas. By your logic they would have gone around Insulting and raping women.

Here is a list of other Ezheva warriors.

Renakeerthy Chekavar was the Chief Commander of Marthanda Varma’s army (Travacore kingdome)

Akathiyadi Panicker was Chief army Commander of Kottarakkara kingdom

Ambanattu Panicker was chief army commander of Chempakassery kingdom

Pappan Chekavar was a Kalarippayyattu trainer, palace physician and commander of Chempazhanthy Pillai’s army

Lokanatha Panicker and his son Patheenatha Panicker of Varanapally tharavad was Chief army commanders of Kayamkulam kingdom.

Mokkad Kesava Panicker of the Mokkad tharavad near Pettah in Thiruvananthapuram was the Kalarippayyattu teacher of Kazhakuttam Pillai, head of the Ettuveettil-pillamar army.

Are you going to accuse them of rape, insult and plunder too ? :cheesy: ..... or is your slander reserved to Nair's and Namboodris ? You are free to self flagellate but do not expect others to join you.

I told you these are few examples of influential Ezhava families .But poor families also was there.
Lol :lol:atrocities and casteism against poor lower caste by upper caste was rampant in those days .
That is why Swami Vivekananda gave a name to the Kerala.
Noone in Kerala can hide that facts .It was there and whole the keralites know it was there that except some nutjobs:cheesy:

I told you these are few examples of influential Ezhava families .But poor families also was there.
Lol :lol:atrocities and casteism against poor lower caste by upper caste was rampant in those days .
That is why Swami Vivekananda gave a name to the Kerala.
Noone in Kerala can hide that facts .It was there and whole the keralites know it was there that except some nutjobs:cheesy:

What nonsense. There were poor families in Nairs too............ or were you under the impressions that all Nairs were rich and landed ?

Did that mean Ezhava warriors raped poor Nair women ? :woot:

There were atrocities by the Rich against the poor, but how did that get caste colours ? Where there not any atrocities by the british against the Hindus ? Come come that is not considered atrocities by the Christians agaisnt the Hindus ? :cheesy: Why this selective cherry picking ?

I am sure the communist/xtian/muslim (the seculars) propaganda machine has created a nice tasty story of the standard fare served to rest of India, Brahmin bad and dalit good.:P You can continue your self flagellation in the hopes that you will win some cheers from the "secular" group in kerala. All the best.

Last edited:
"The haplotypes of the Ezhavas were compared with the haplotypes of other Indian populations (Table 3). The pairwise difference analysis results were 0.0528 for Punjab Jat, 0.0691 for the Turkish population, 0.1024 for the Haryana Jat, and 0.1785 for Germans. These values show that Ezhava population is distant from other Indian populations and close to the Punjab Jat and Turkish population, as well as the Jammu population (Saraswat Brahmin), with a pairwise distance value of 0.0561, and the Jharkhand population (Sakaldwipi Brahmin), with a value of 0.0617 (Figure 1)."

CroatMedJ_52_0344-F1.jpg

Y-short tandem repeat haplotype and paternal lineage of the Ezhava population of Kerala, south India

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...al-lineage-of-european-origin-study/article24

Already posted .

I don't know anything about Ezhavas. Their population and religion? Are they Nair? They mostly live in Kerala?

No .They are not Nairs .According to our states Govt ,Nairs are upper caste and they are OBCs.
But they are one of the powerful communities in kerala like Nairs .They mostly live in Kerala .

No .They are not Nairs .According to our states Govt ,Nairs are upper caste and they are OBCs.
But they are one of the powerful communities in kerala like Nairs .They mostly live in Kerala .

They are hindus? And what is their total population?

Yes ,they are Hindus .About 23% of the total population of kerala.

There is no other Indian group there a part from Ezhavas and jatts. Unless samples data is public and sites like harappadna or genetic forums can get hand on them its hard to say to what population Ezhavas cluster closer. I think they will cluster with other Keralas instead of any other population. Its very hard to avoid inter mixing even in strict caste system.

There is no other Indian group there a part from Ezhavas and jatts. Unless samples data is public and sites like harappadna or genetic forums can get hand on them its hard to say to what population Ezhavas cluster closer. I think they will cluster with other Keralas instead of any other population. Its very hard to avoid inter mixing even in strict caste system.

That is right.
A keralite can almost easily identify another keralite.We are intermixed but except cases like SC/ST and tribals .All others are look like almost same.But we are somehow considerably different than other South Indians.

Back
Top Bottom