What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

Instead of choosing such a narrow subject, it would be better if you can make it about Malabar history and related topics.

Whats malabar ? I know its about kerala but i want to know meaning of the word ..malayalam ?

Whats malabar ? I know its about kerala but i want to know meaning of the word ..malayalam ?

Malabar is the Northern Kerala region .Its a malayalam.
Districts like Malapuram , kozhikode, etc is under that region.

Mala= Mountain
Bar=Thekha aka watering-hole soon to be closed in Kerala

Malayalam-mala(mountain)+aalam(region/land).=land/region of mountains...
How come the word keralam is associated with coconut trees and malayalam is not related to coconut at all??
Tamilians speak tamil....maharastrians speak marathi ..punjabis speak punjabi but keralites speak malayalm.How come?

Mala= Mountain
Bar=Thekha aka watering-hole soon to be closed in Kerala
Whats that?

Whats that?

bar-kerala2208.jpg

How come the word keralam is associated with coconut trees and malayalam is not related to coconut at all??
Tamilians speak tamil....maharastrians speak marathi ..punjabis speak punjabi but keralites speak malayalm.How come?

Whats that?
uttaram muttikunna chodyamaanu..
You are right about kera+alam..land of coconut..
but some historians believe that the word Keralam came from chera+alam(land of chera)...Chera was probably the first main kingdom of Kerala and they spoke Tamil..Moreover Malayalam is a very very recent language and diverged from Tamil only 800-1000 years ago..

Its not a state its a small country before freedom

Mostly Muslim popularity area
Muslims are majority only in Malappuram district..remaining kasargod,kannur,kozhikode,vayanad,palaphat are Hindu majority areas..

but some historians believe that the word Keralam came from chera+alam(land of chera)...Chera was probably the first main kingdom of Kerala and they spoke Tamil..Moreover Malayalam is a very very recent language and diverged from Tamil only 800-1000 years ago..
That's interesting but then why are Tamils and Keralites so anti. Is it just because of the Dam or some other mystery is behind this kind of hatred because apparently from what you are telling, you both are the same people?

Last edited:
That's interesting but then why are Tamils and Keralites so anti. Is it just because of the Dam or some other mystery is behind this kind of hatred, because apparently from what you are telling, you both are same people?
Thats not true.
I think tamilians and malayalees get along well.
Dont judge Kerala and Tamilnadu by its politicians.

Muslims are majority only in Malappuram district..remaining kasargod,kannur,kozhikode,vayanad,palaphat are Hindu majority areas..
What about kozhikode

Back
Top Bottom