What's new

Hindu extremists vandalise art gallery for 'exhibiting Pakistani artists'.

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
VHP vandalizes art gallery in Ahmedabad for exhibiting Pakistani artists’ paintings

AHMEDABAD: Vishwa Hindu Parishad members vandalized an art gallery in Ahmedabad on Friday for exhibiting Pakistani artists' paintings. The attack, VHP later said, was to protest against killing of Indian jawans by Pakistani forces at the border in Kashmir.

About 15 VHP members stormed 'The Gallery' at Amdavad ni Gufa around 4.15 pm and damaged 30 paintings after pulling the frames off the walls. The exhibition had paintings of 11 artists from Pakistan and six from India. Police reached the spot after the vandals had left but the organizers were reluctant to file a complaint till late evening.

There were no signs that the police wished to be pro-active in the case which was captured live by some local channels. Manoj Ninama, deputy commissioner of police, told TOI that they have not got any names of the vandals.

Ravindra Maradia, curator of International Creative Art Centre, who had brought the show 'An Art Affair' from Mumbai to Ahmedabad for a week, said "what has happened, has happened". He said that the paintings were worth nearly Rs 10 lakh.

General secretary of VHP Ranchod Bharwad said, "On one hand Pakistani soldiers are killing our jawans and spewing venom against India. Why should we allow Pakistani artists to display and sell their art here?"

One of the foremost painters of Pakistan, often called the 'MF Hussain of Pakistan', Mansoor Rahi's works were on display. He told TOI over phone, "We are sad but this wouldn't deter the artists from either country who will continue to share our works."

Irfan Gul Dahri, another acclaimed painter whose works were vandalized, said, "Such incidents have happened before and will continue. I am sure like me, every other painter who participated in this exhibition will continue to have such cultural interactions and exchanges, no matter what. These are minor challenges."

VHP vandalizes art gallery in Ahmedabad for exhibiting Pakistani artists’ paintings - The Times of India

What a bunch of a--holes. Vandalizing and destroying art just to protest against Pakistan...the only message they relayed is that they are a bunch of cavemen baboons.

Same old story of Indian Government sponsoring hoodlums against Pakistan.

what else is new ?

Indian government is Congress aligned. VHP is BJP aligned buddy

Art in all forms all over the world have no religion- no caste and no language. To vandalize the art is like vandalizing ones own culture and is most deplorable, VHP's action is not only senseless but absolutely disgraceful and disgusting. :pissed:

Every other nation fight their wars on the border, some Indian weekend warriors feel brave by attacking artists and venues.

Just proves the hobessian nature of this society.

Condemnable action, paintings are a work of art meant to be appreciated - these right wingers - sorry to say are taking their hatred in the wrong direction.

Indian govt should put these fags on a leash or somethin... and if these turds have so much problem they should come to LOC.

Every other nation fight their wars on the border, some Indian weekend warriors feel brave by attacking artists and venues.

Just proves the hobessian nature of this society.

:rofl: i cant believe a pakistani just said that.

hindu moron groups in india occasionally beat up people or vandalize property. what do islamic fundamentals do in your country? lets see: shut down girls schools, shoot any girls who go to school(brave malala), kill non muslims and shias, impose sharia laws, tax the remaining non muslims that are left alive. just hold on. i'll get more.

:rofl: i cant believe a pakistani just said that.

hindu moron groups in india occasionally beat up people or vandalize property. what do islamic fundamentals do in your country? lets see: shut down girls schools, shoot any girls who go to school(brave malala), kill non muslims and shias, impose sharia laws, tax the remaining non muslims that are left alive. just hold on. i'll get more.

Indian idiocy shines thoroughly in your post. :cuckoo:
One can also give example of Dalits being forced to drink urine or Christian pastors being paraded naked by the Hindus but that would mean lowering myself to your level, however come back when you find out that some Indian artist, performer or cricketer has been attacked or faced hostile actions in Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom