What's new

Hindu Dalit Woman Elected to Pakistan Senate

OK.. So god of Islam is biased.. Just like god of Judaism and Christianity.. I thought god of Islam isn't such narrow minded.. Anyway thanks for clearing my doubt
baised .hah . He have the ultimate authority to judge .
didnt he gave us a fair chance and free will ?
why hinduism make her untouchable ? why barhamins are superior as compare to other hindu casts ? were hindu mythological characters baised towards their devotees ?

Married at the age of 16, Kohli still pursued a masters degree in sociology from the Sindh University. Kohli now works for minority rights, especially those related to girls' education.

She seems to have a supportive husband.

Kohli, was born in Nagarparkar village in the Thar desert regionto a poor Hindu Dalit peasant family in 1979. She and her family were held as bonded labor for at least three years in a jail run by a landlord when Kohli was a child.

Feudalism !!

yeah she wont see heaven . thats dosent mean we should make her life miserable here too . as per hinduism .
Ye kia bakwas shuru kr dali ha .

Don't feed the indian troll , who just isn't happy with the positive step pakistan nd wanna make it look bad as his ego is hurt that a low caste dalit could've such higher status .

@Vikki ... stop your jealousy nd prejudice you've for dalit you've in our forum , creep .

Please see his off topic comments .. @waz

meanwhile In india "a secular country " they killed another Muslim for eating beef.. Still they will come here and troll us that hindus in pak are suffering and all the bulll.....

By AFP
Published: March 4, 2018
3SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1650887-krish-1520157115-901-640x480.jpg

Krishna Kohli PHOTO COURTESY: TWITTER/@Tahir_A

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan elected its first female senator from the lowest Dalit caste over the weekend, in polls which also saw the ruling party strengthen its hand ahead of general elections in the Muslim-majority country.

Opposition candidate Krishna Kumari Kohli’s surprise victory stirred a wave of optimism on social media, as Pakistanis celebrated the rare win for a woman from a marginalised community that lies at the bottom of the Hindu caste hierarchy.

Krishna Kohli first ever Dalit woman nominated for Senate

“I feel proud, I am thankful to Pakistan People’s Party that they nominated me,” Kohli told AFP Sunday.

“Kudos to PPP for electing #KrishnaKohli…. Our parliament should have representatives of all religions, classes & genders in pursuit of true democracy,” tweeted rights activist Jibran Nasir.

Pakistan’s Hindus, who make up around two per cent of the country’s 200 million people, have long faced economic and social discrimination.

Kohli’s win followed a secret round of voting by members of the parliament and provincial assemblies, in what is largely seen as insider horse trading ahead of elections due this summer.

The ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) won 15 seats in the senate, securing a total of 33 spots in the 104-seat upper house, which along with support from allies all but earns the party a dominating majority in the chamber.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) won the second largest number of seats in the contest, while cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party continued to lose momentum, coming in third.

“Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has secured a clear majority in the Senate polls,” the party announced late Saturday on its official Twitter account.

The ruling party’s commanding majority comes after the Supreme Court toppled PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif from the premiership in July over corruption allegations.

Parents kill Indian woman for being in love with Dalit

Ahead of the senate vote, the court barred Sharif from leading his party, forcing all PML-N candidates to run as independents because they were selected by the axed chief.

Despite the court rulings, the PML-N has won a string of by-elections following the ousting of Sharif.

The Sharif clan and their supporters have repeatedly denied allegations of corruption, suggesting Nawaz is the victim of a conspiracy driven by Pakistan’s powerful military establishment.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1650887/1/

Cosmetic development by a corrupt party. Useless and has no impact on lives of Pakistani hindus or Pakistanis in general

Kohli people form a big part of the population of Sindh. I think their region should be made a separate state within Pakistan. Their majority lives in Therparker, Sanghar, and Mirpurkhas regions. Pakistan needs more and more states. Current situation is getting out of control.

OK.. So god of Islam is biased.. Just like god of Judaism and Christianity.. I thought god of Islam isn't such narrow minded.. Anyway thanks for clearing my doubt

How is this related to the thread? If a state, even when based on persuasion of one religious community still strives to provide economic and social freedom to its citizens, it is a good thing. The matter of heaven and hell is not the business of the state or individuals.

That is with Allah/God alone. Neither you nor I can say for certain what becomes of us in the end. How about you either praise this news, or criticize in a logical manner. Or better still, not comment on it at all and concentrate on fighting creeping Hindu fascism in India and not make yourself look like a useless troll.

How is this related to the thread? If a state, even when based on persuasion of one religious community still strives to provide economic and social freedom to its citizens, it is a good thing. The matter of heaven and hell is not the business of the state or individuals.

That is with Allah/God alone. Neither you nor I can say for certain what becomes of us in the end. How about you either praise this news, or criticize in a logical manner. Or better still, not comment on it at all and concentrate on fighting creeping Hindu fascism in India and not make yourself look like a useless troll.
I was not trolling...my question was in response to a poster who said she got equal rights because of islam..he was the one who brought irrelevant aspect of religion into discussion..the modern day governments across the world are expected to give equal rights to their minorities..its not a big deal..I honestly wanted to know if islam and its god gives equal rights even in allowing people to go to heaven...I mean whether non muslims have equal rights in allahs abode

Anyway I got the answer from some of the posters here.She will go to hell because she is a polytheist..She doesnt have equal rights with muslims in allahs heaven..lets end the discussion here since I got the answer

Still no answer..one poster said she got equal rights in pak because ofislam..my question was in reply to his question..is every human equal in eyes of islamic god irrespective of their religion, race , language and caste?

When We Talk About Equal Rights We Talk About Civil Rights Granted By A State To It's Citizens.

And In The Eyes Of God No Not Everyone Is Equal.Why Do You Think God Should Be Kind To Suppose An Atheists Who Hates Him??Or To A Mushrik Who Holds Other Beings Equal To Him???????Or Even To An Islamophobe Who Hurl Profanities Online Against Him and His Beloved Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him)??

When We Talk About Equal Rights We Talk About Civil Rights Granted By A State To It's Citizens.

And In The Eyes Of God No Not Everyone Is Equal.Why Do You Think God Should Be Kind To Suppose An Atheists Who Hates Him??Or To A Mushrik Who Holds Other Beings Equal To Him???????Or Even To An Islamophobe Who Hurl Profanities Online Against Him and His Beloved Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him)??
Man. Let us leave it at this.. As I said I already got an answer and don't want to prolong this argument anymore.
I just want to say that you people are projecting your religion and your god in a very bad light.. Do you even realise how childish your arguments look for an outsider?
God created humans and he wants them to worship him nonstop and that too in the manner he described through a messenger.. If we don't do that, he will put us in hell subjecting us to unbearable tortures( I have to blindly believe that the message the messenger brought is true without questioning it).
Why can't god himself come and tell me how should I lead my life? He is willing to torture me just because I refuse to worship him the way a messenger told me.. I can't even imagine a mother contemplating to torture their children simply because they refuse to respect her.. Here we are talking about the creator of this wonderful and extraordinary universe.. Its highly impossible for me to convince myself that almighty is worried about such silly things.
My god is above all these things.. He is neither merciful nor cruel... Neither happy nor sad.. Neither alive nor dead.. He is indescribable ..we with our limited sensory powers can never know why he created this universe (if he really did it) or where he is leading it to.. No amount of words can describe the greatness of the creator..

meanwhile In india "a secular country " they killed another Muslim for eating beef.. Still they will come here and troll us that hindus in pak are suffering and all the bulll.....

In India it is not a big deal...

24 Out Of The 28 People Killed In The Name Of Cow Protection Since 2010 Were Muslims

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/ind...rotection-since-2010-were-muslims-324756.html

86% killed in cow-related violence since 2010 are Muslim, 97% attacks after Modi govt came to power

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...me-to-power/story-w9CYOksvgk9joGSSaXgpLO.html

Back
Top Bottom