What's new

Himachal Pradesh

bur i think that not kangra, thats khajjar i think

Nope he is right its Kangra district having headquaters at Dharamshala(which is also the
headquarters of the Tibetan government-in-exile)

On topic:
Its wonderful place extremely beautiful n peace full
HP is a big tourist destination n there r some good international schools also(one of my friend u to study at Dharamshal) its got 84% literacy rate n an HDI of 0.652, the capita income rose around Rs.30,000 in last 3 years alone currently around INR 73,600.

Yea I really like Himachal Pradesh. It's beautiful and peaceful. I would say it is better than kashmir

It's truly, gloriously beautiful, but let's not get carried away and say it's more beautiful than Kashmir. That's on a different plane altogether; Himachal is on the plane of Switzerland and such ordinary, mundane locations.

I just came back from a place located at the intersection of four states - HP, Uttarkhand, UP and Haryana and am really looking forward to touring HP after the winter.

The thing that attracts people to kashmir I think is the culture. Indeed, when one goes to kashmir, it does not feel like India or even a part of south asia. You will see tall, pale looking people wearing long pherans and drinking pink tea. Kashmiri culture, language, looks etc. are very different from any south asian culture. It was much closer to central asia historically.
In fact a north indian/pakistani punjabi has as much in common with a kashmiri as a tamil! That's how different kashmiri culture is.

Was in Chitkul some time back on my bike. Dead of winter. Night temperature dipping to -17 deg C. Two-three foot deep snow all around. You ride through it just judging where the road is supposed to be. Very close to Tibet. Mind blowingly beautiful. I love Himachal, Arunachal, Sikkim, Bhutan, Uttarakhand (to an extent). We are truly blessed as a nation for the geographic diversity we have. Most of us today in the corporate sector travel abroad and see more of other countries than we ever do of our own. There is so much to see. Maybe a lifetime is not enough.

Nope I'm from the Gujjar Tribe, locals hindus burnt my grandfather house, so he and his family went to Lahore...We're we still reside after 65 years... Al thought he considers Pakistan his homeland now, now and then he still feels nostalgia for just visiting Kangra one more time, see how its changed after 65 years. He always talks about the beautiful mountains there.
Sorry for that. Ya himachal is really beautiful place and peaceful too. Kangra is having Punjab influence because it was part of Punjab before 1961.

Back
Top Bottom