What's new

Hezbullat Supporters to be thrown out from GCC

I don't know where they all come from in Iran, but the player completely on the right (no.13), first row, is an Iranian-Arab:

Hossein Kaebi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks. No wonder that he looks a bit Semitic. He was after all. He just reminded me of the typical Southern Iraqi so guessed he was an Iranian-Arab or partial Arab. He is from Ahvaz which is just next to Southern Iraq.

Semitic featureas are more prevalent and powerful than Indo-Iranian that is true. Many non-Middle Easterners regard Arabs as very manly looking. There is a big truth to this overall. The features can look intimidating to many especially if accompanied with a beard. I find it wonderful personally. Without mentioning other ethnic groups to compare with in that department.

Here are some Saudi women sportswomen:

Typical Arab eyes that are famous for their beauty. Arabs in general have big clear eyes. So have all Semitic people.

Another example:

Hejazi girls from Jeddah. Photo taken in 1980 by National Geopgrahic:

Saudi women basketball team from Jeddah too:

Other basketball team:

Small girls taught:

A football team:

Arabian women are very easy to pick apart. They have a special look indeed. Many Arabs find them very attractive and others too I have noticed. I would say that many look exotic to put it simple.

The men's football teams are dominated by Arab-Africans and far from representative. I guess it is cultural since not many Saudi Arabs aspire to be football players and my feeling is that it has been discouraged as a way of living. While most African-Arabs (form 10% of the population) often come from impoverished or more poor backgrounds and football is often a quick way out of it. Africans are also known as the best athletes in the world so. We had a few good Saudi Arabs on the team throughout history.

Anyway they are Saudis too just a point I would like to make.

What is your theory Yazid? Not a thing that is discussed much?

I was wondering, how come a significant amount of J-haplogroup is found in the Caucasus? Are Chechens, Ingush, Azeris, etc. descendants of ancient Sumerians/Mesopotamians? Chechens are quite robust build btw. They are tough and strong fighters too. I've heard they are among the best and fierce fighters in Jihadist groups.

I was wondering, how come a significant amount of J-haplogroup is found in the Caucasus? Are Chechens, Ingush, Azeris, etc. descendants of ancient Sumerians? Chechens are quite robust build btw. They are tough and strong fighters too. I've heard they are among the best and fierce fighters in Jihadist groups.

I have no idea. Always bothered me. I doubt that anyone knows the haplogroup of the Sumerians since they are long extinct. Many thought they the Marsh Arabs around Basra could be their descendants and if we say that they are then 90% of the Marsh Arabs were found to belong to the Haplogroup_J-P209 that most Semites belong to. But I really doubt that they have anything to do with the Sumerians since most of Iraq's ancient population was killed off, especially the Assyrians. After all over half of Baghdad's population was killed by the Mongols just 750 years ago.

The population of Iraq was just 1.5 million in 1860.
A 2011 Study showed that Marsh Arabs have a high concentration of Haplogroup J1 for males and Haplogroup J having the highest concentration in females with Haplogroup H, Haplogroup U and Haplogroup T having the highest concentrations.[16]

This is the best and newest study from 2011 about the Marsh Arabs.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2148-11-288.pdf

Regarding the Caucasians then I have seen a lot of them with Semitic facial features. A personal observation before I even learnt that their haplogroup are very similar to the Arab/Semitic ones. I can't really explain the connection I must admit. Maybe ancient migrations?

The "famous" Chechen terrorist caught:

Maybe it is me but I do think that he is quite Semitic looking in terms of features. Lightly curly hair too. The nose. Eyes. I have a Najdi friend from Unaizah that looks very similar to him.

I have no idea. Always bothered me. I doubt that anyone knows the haplogroup of the Sumerians since they are long extinct. Many thought they the Marsh Arabs around Basra could be their descendants and if we say that they are then 90% of the Marsh Arabs were found to belong to the Haplogroup_J-P209 that most Semites belong to. But I really doubt that they have anything to do with the Sumerians since most of Iraq's ancient population was killed off, especially the Assyrians. After all over half of Baghdad's population was killed by the Mongols just 750 years ago.

Iraq’s ancient population was not killed of, todays population of Iraq represents the descendents of the ancient population, same culture, language in the dialect, effected by Arabization though still very visible for Iraqis.
The Marsh Arabs, I rather call them Marsh Iraqis, they still live like Sumerians.

Physical features, language varieties, and cultural values, right? :yay:

Yes, easily spotted.

Regarding the Caucasians then I have seen a lot of them with Semitic features. A personally observation before I even learnt that their haplogroup are very similar to the Arab/Semitic ones. I can't really explain the connection I must admit. Maybe ancient migrations?

The "famous" Chechen terrorist caught:

Maybe it is me but I do think that he is quite Semitic looking in terms of features. Lightly curly hair too. The nose. Eyes. I have a Najdi friend from Unaizah that looks very similar to him.

Yes, he got that orientalid look, but his eyes and eyebrows remind me of an Iranian too. Chechens do have that Middle Eastern look too, so I'll guess ancient migrations could be an explanation.

Chechens do not really look like Arabs, although many of them have that 'Western-Asian' look. I think they are more robust, taller and fair than Arabs. See for instance Kadyrov (president Chechnya) private army:

focussagramoso.jpg

2uxxl6h.jpg

A1BFCCB6-95E5-4CEE-917F-06ABD31ABC0A_mw1024_n_s_zps4b1ba485.jpg

gUV2iWPq_6SN3-xHffdYlQ_zps68f82585.jpg

omon4e4nia_zps27319661.jpeg

Iraq’s ancient population was not killed of, todays population of Iraq represents the descendents of the ancient population, same culture, language in the dialect, effected by Arabization though still very visible for Iraqis.
The Marsh Arabs, I rather call them Marsh Iraqis, they still live like Sumerians.

Yes, easily spotted.

Regardless of what you call them then this is a myth. Most of the Assyrians were killed off before Islam arrived. Arab presence in Iraq is 3000 years old. Ever heard about Hatra - Word UNESCO Heritage Site or the Lakhmids in Southern Iraq that ruled for 600 years? Read about all that.

If the Marsh Arabs really are Sumerians (LOL) then the Sumerians were Semitic people given that 90% of all the tested Marsh Arabs belong to the J1 haplogroup that is a typical ARABIAN haplogroup.

Lastly all the ancient Semitic people originated on the Peninsula. Even on the ancient sculptures (Babylonian and Assyrian) you can easily spot the hooked Semitic nose already there.

Oh, no people are pure and the Arabs have left the biggest genetic marker in Iraq by far by now. Look at all the tribes or visit any Iraqi city south of Kirkuk.

Look at your newest mayor of Baghdad. Typical Najdi. Even his family (Banu Tamim) is a Najdi family. All Arabs in the Middle East looks quite similar. Only the Yemenis/Omanis are more distinct although they come in all shapes and forms too as anybody can see.

In terms of features then the Levantine people have more powerful/clear Semitic features than Iraqis and are more similar to us Hejazis. No wonder since we are neighbors and they are just located directly northwards. The reason for that can be due to the Turkmen/Kurdish mixture in Iraq. You are yourself partly Turkmen you told so you are probably from Northern Iraq. Probably partly Kurdish too, LOL.

Depends. Sometimes you can't pick them apart. At least not in Al-Anbar and large parts of Southern Iraq.

Also there is no typical Iraqi look. Some Iraqis are really dark, nearly Indian/Bengali like (not referring to the Black Iraqis), while others are very Arabic and some more Indo-Iranian or Anatolian. Especially in the North. By no means homogenous. That is well-known.

Just like Egyptians who come in all shapes and forms.

Levantine people are much more homogenous. Even when there is difference in skin color they have that strong Semitic look about them. It's quite interesting. I never miss a Levantine person since they are quite similar to Hejazis. Especially many Jordanians/Palestinians and Syrians.

Lebanese less so.

I was wondering, how come a significant amount of J-haplogroup is found in the Caucasus? Are Chechens, Ingush, Azeris, etc. descendants of ancient Sumerians/Mesopotamians? Chechens are quite robust build btw. They are tough and strong fighters too. I've heard they are among the best and fierce fighters in Jihadist groups.

Yes, those who adopted Al-Qaida tactics are. However, I wouldn't really call them the best because of their blockishness. IMO, The best of the best has got to be Al-Qaida + Hezbollah.

Yes, those who adopted Al-Qaida tactics are. However, I wouldn't really call them the best because of their blockishness. IMO, The best of the best has got to be Al-Qaida + Hezbollah.

I'm not biased here, but I think from all Arab people/groups, Hezbollah is clearly the most capable, strongest and determined (fierce). Lebanese in general are among the most strongest Arabs (physically). Although many/most Lebanese are decedents of ancient Sea people in the Levantine.

Regardless of what you call them then this is a myth. Most of the Assyrians were killed off before Islam arrived. Arab presence in Iraq is 3000 years old. Ever heard about Hatra - Word UNESCO Heritage Site or the Lakhmids in Southern Iraq that ruled for 600 years? Read about all that.

If the Marsh Arabs really are Sumerians (LOL) then the Sumerians were Semitic people given that 90% of all the tested Marsh Arabs belong to the J1 haplogroup that is a typical ARABIAN haplogroup.

Lastly all the ancient Semitic people originated on the Peninsula. Even on the ancient sculptures (Babylonian and Assyrian) who can easily spot the hooked Semitic nose already there.

Oh, no people are pure and the Arabs have left the biggest genetic marker in Iraq by far by now. Look at all the tribes or visit any Iraqi city south of Kirkuk.

Look at your newest mayor of Baghdad. Typical Najdi. Even his family (Banu Tamim) is a Najdi family. All Arabs in the Middle East looks quite similar. Only the Yemenis/Omanis are more distinct although they come in all shapes and forms to as anybody can see.

In terms of features then the Levantine people have more powerful/clear Semitic features than Iraqis and are more similar to us Hejazis. No wonder since we are neighbors and they are just located directly northwards. The reason for that can be due to the Turkmen/Kurdish mixture in Iraq. You are yourself partly Turkmen you told so you are probably from Northern Iraq. Probably partly Kurdish too, LOL.

Depends. Sometimes you can't pick them apart. At least not in Al-Anbar and large parts of Southern Iraq.

Also there is no typical Iraqi look. Some Iraqis are really dark, nearly Indian/Bengali like, while others are very Arabic and some more Indo-Iranian or Anatolian. Especially in the North. By no means homogenous.

Who cares if Semetics came through the peninsula first, that means nothing.
As before that it started in Africa.
Hatra, and Arabs from todays peninsula have little to do with each other, different people.

Do not tell me to visit.. I visited.
I am getting sick of this generalization that all Arabs are the same or that we Iraqis are like Saudis, we share huge differences in every field there is.
I can see the difference between an Iraqi and a Saudi/Khaleeji any day, but do not bring pictures of either the football team or Iraqis, you will choose the darkest bedouin out there.

Me being partly Turkmen/Turk is irrelevant on my stance here, as I have not taken any of this culture with me.

Yes, he got that orientalid look, but his eyes and eyebrows remind me of an Iranian too. Chechens do have that Middle Eastern look too, so I'll guess ancient migrations could be an explanation.

Chechens do not really look like Arabs, although many of them have that 'Western-Asian' look. I think they are more robust, taller and fair than Arabs. See for instance Kadyrov (president Chechnya) private army:

focussagramoso.jpg

2uxxl6h.jpg

A1BFCCB6-95E5-4CEE-917F-06ABD31ABC0A_mw1024_n_s_zps4b1ba485.jpg

gUV2iWPq_6SN3-xHffdYlQ_zps68f82585.jpg

omon4e4nia_zps27319661.jpeg

Well I was talking about facial features and not necessary skin color because the Chechens are known for being quite pale even in the Caucasus and cannot really be compared to us Middle Easterners. For example that individual I posted looks very Arabic.

Kadyrov has a typical Caucasian look mixed with Slavic.

I think that other Caucasian people are more similar to Arabs although many Chechens look Semitic. There is definitely a genetic connection but genetics and look does not necessarily go hand in hand as we already discussed.

Here is Shamil Basayev and Ibn-Khattab. Both famous Jihadists/resistance fighters against the Russians:

jucvut.jpg

I see clear Arabic/Semitic features with Basayev too. The only difference is that he is slightly more pale than Ibn-Khattab which is no wonder given the geographical distance.

But overall I would say that the Caucasians have a special look and I would say that their facial features are more similar to Middle Eastern people, especially some to Arabs, than other Europeans. For example there is a WORLD APART between the regular Caucasian and Russian that just lives in Volgograd or the Ukraine across the Black Sea.

You miss all my points, Dorltos11. Nobody said that it is similar but you have some perceptions that are not even shared by Iraqis. You said that you visited Iraq once back in 2003. I have dealt with Iraqis many times and parts of my extended family live in Iraq as you know.

Iraqis are in general quite dark-looking especially those in the South who form the vast majority of the population. Nothing to do with anything else. That's just how most are. Visit Southern Iraq or just use Google. Nor are they homogenous. Depends on the region, family etc.

Emiratis are homogenous but not Iraqis. An Iraqi from Mosul is different looking than one from Basra. Similar an Iraqi from Ramadi is different looking than one from Kirkuk. On AVERAGE mind you.

The point is that today's Arabs can differ but overall there is great similarity despite the geographical differences that goes back to the fellow Semitic past. Modern genetics confirm this whether we like it or not.

Oh, I think that you have misunderstood something despite many Saudi users trying to educate you. It's not more than 2 weeks ago that you said that you knew that Saudis are very diverse in looks. And now you are making senseless generalizations and calling all Arabs on the Peninsula for Gulf Arabs. Gulf Arabs live only in the Eastern Province, Kuwait, UAE, parts of Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and parts of Southern Iraq. They are a minority. There are more Najdis alone, man. All of Iraq is closer to the Gulf region than Hejaz, Southern KSA and Northwestern KSA is. Hajazis are more similar to Levantine, Egyptians and Najdis than any Gulf Arabs. Also in terms of dialects.

I say good look telling a regular Basrawi Arab apart from a Kuwait just across the border. Given that many Kuwaitis also have Iraqi Arab background.

Anyway we already had that discussion and once you told me that I was right and now I am suddenly wrong despite never telling that all Arabs look the same, LOL. That is just something you invented here. How can we when even Saudis have great differences in look as I already told you, let alone Yemenis or Omanis. Or other Arabs.

But overall, if we generalize, there is quite great similarity. You talk like we were comparing Papuans with Inuits. If we use your logic then we can make 7 different regions of KSA, similar number in Iraq, probably even more in Iran etc.

Stupid discussion.

Is it me, or does Bin Laden look like a typical Arab (Semite)?

osamabinladen.jpg

I mean his full lips, (almond) eyes, nose, etc.

You miss all my points, Dorltos11. Nobody said that it is similar but you have some perceptions that are not even shared by Iraqis. You said that you visited Iraq once back in 2003. I have dealt with Iraqis many times and parts of my extended family live in Iraq as you know.

Iraqis are in general quite dark-looking especially those in the South who form the vast majority of the population. Nothing to do with anything else. That's just how most are. Visit Southern Iraq or just use Google. Nor are they homogenous. Depends on the region, family etc.

Emiratis are homogenous but not Iraqis. An Iraqi from Mosul is different looking than one from Basra. Similar an Iraqi from Ramadi is different looking than one from Kirkuk. On AVERAGE mind you.

The point is that today's Arabs can differ but overall there is great similarity despite the geographical differences that goes back to the fellow Semitic past.

Oh, I think that you have misunderstood something despite many Saudi users trying to educate you. It's not more than 2 weeks ago that you said that you knew that Saudis are very diverse in looks. And now you are making senseless generalizations and calling all Arabs on the Peninsula for Gulf Arabs. Gulf Arabs live only in the Eastern Province, Kuwait, UAE, parts of Oman, Bahrain, Qatar and parts of Southern Iraq. All of Iraq is closer to the Gulf region than Hejaz, Southern KSA and Northwestern KSA. Hajazis are more similar to Levantine, Egyptians and Najdis than any Gulf Arabs. Also in terms of dialects.

I say good look telling a regular Basrawi Arab apart from a Kuwait just across the border. Given that many Kuwaitis also have Iraqi Arab background.

Anyway we already had that discussion and once you told me that I was right and now I am suddenly wrong despite never telling that all Arabs look the same, LOL. That is just something you invented there. How can we when even Saudis have great differences in look as I already told you, let alone Yemenis or Omanis.

Stupid discussion.

If you leave all that tribal bs out of it your from 1 country.
Sun plays a big factor out there, as an Iraqi thats not exposed to that sun in EU is different.

What education is that, I already know all that stuff, I see the difference between an Iraqi and a Khaleeji or Hejazi easily, between the last 2 not since I am not familiar with them.

Whats the difference between Basrawis and Kuwaitis, Kuwaitis are just a bunch of Iraqis made into a seperate country by the British imperialists to keep Iraq from having influence in the gulf.

The ******* culture difference is huge of all these regions, Mesopotamia-Egypt-Hejaz-Khaleej-Levant-Maghreb all share huge differences.

I'm not biased here, but I think from all Arab people/groups, Hezbollah is clearly the most capable, strongest and determined (fierce). Lebanese in general are among the most strongest Arabs (physically). Although many/most Lebanese are decedents of ancient Sea people in the Levantine.

Well,

What makes Al-Qaida to be the most formadible terror group is their tactics. Stuff like suicide bombings and all tha kind of BS.

Hezbollah's arsenal and readiness would never be taken lightly by their sown enemy.

Back
Top Bottom