What's new

Hezbullat Supporters to be thrown out from GCC

So why not one genetic research has put Iranians close to Arabs?

genetics2.jpg

Genetic studies conducted by Cavalli-Sforza have revealed that Iranians cluster closely with European groups and more distantly from Near Eastern groups. Preliminary genetic tests suggest common origins for most of the Iranian people.This study is partially supported by another one, based on Y-Chromosome haplogroups.

Cavalli-Sforza is one the most famous geneticists in the world.

Other research:

KurdArmenianIranianTurk121.png

journal.pone.0041252.g003.png

Those are outdated genetic studies when even the haplogroups had different names than today. Semitic people have had a big impact on the Iranian gene pool as expected since ancient times.

qsrrdj.png

Haplogroup J-P209[Phylogenetics 1] is a Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. Its history since the Iron Age has been tied to the great events and migrations in this area and in particular to the Semitic people.

Iran 92 3.2 25 28.2 El-Sibai 2009

The Haplogroup J-P209 is the most widely found haplogroup in Iran which is a very mixed people which is not strange considering all the minorities, conquests of Iran etc.

Many Iranians even have clear Semitic features and would be very difficult to pick apart. Oh well then 3 million Arabs live in Iran alone. Not to say all those who are partially Arabs or Semitic since ancient times.

Oh, and every single Middle Eastern people cluster closer together with other Middle Eastern people than any outsiders.

New research has put Iranians different from Arabs too. And Iranians differ greatly morphologically from Arabs, as Eickstadt and other scientists have already proofed. Iranians don't look like Arabs, although one might think so. Iranians are more robust, taller, narrow and long-faced, different type of nose, lips, eyebrows, eyes, etc.

Only a fool can't see the difference.

Quote one researcher or scientists who thinks otherwise.

New research has put Iranians different from Arabs too. And Iranians differ greatly morphologically from Arabs, as Eickstadt and other scientists have already proofed. Iranians don't look like Arabs, although one might think so. Iranians are more robust, taller, narrow and long-faced, different type of nose, lips, eyebrows, eyes, etc.

Only a fool can't see the difference.

Quote one researcher or scientists who thinks otherwise.

All arabs look different aswell, cannot classify Arab as 1 when talking about genetics and ethnicity cause they are all different ethnicity.

All arabs look different aswell, cannot classify Arab as 1 when talking about genetics and ethnicity cause they are all different ethnicity.

True, especially since Levantines aren't really Arabs, just as Iraqis aren't. That is why most Syrians look different compared to Yemenis or Saudis.

We are talking about haplogroups while you are quoting some outdated studies that are nearly 10 years old. Even the names of the haplogroups have changed since.

That's a bunch of nonsense since Arabs and Iranians come in all shapes and form. Also I doubt that Iranians are higher than people in Hejaz or UAE who are famous for their height. Just look at all the Emiratis. All very tall people.

Nobody takes nearly 100 year old studies seriously in the modern world.

Many Iranians look very Semitic. This is undeniable not even how much you try to "proof" otherwise.

Arabs are more long-faced, the nose is quite similar and Arabs are indeed more famous for their beautiful big eyes, especially among the females.

Robust? Don't think so. Depends on which Arab region you are talking about.

Oh, having a narrow face is a Semitic feature too.

Also, looks have nothing to do with genetics last time I checked. I can pick a Yemeni apart from a Omani easily and a Hejazi apart from a Najdi but all are are almost identical genetic wise or at least very similar.

Oh, probably the most famous Iranian al-Sistani (who ironically also claims Arab descent) has clear Semitic features.

Khameni and Ahmadinejad on the other hand look like typical Persians.

Oh, Levantine people have clear Semitic features and are very similar to the Hejazis who just live south of the Levant in terms of features. Genetic evidence also confirms this. Much like all Semitic people. Also all those regions are very diverse but all share the Semitic look that sets them apart.

Oh, I also noticed that many Iranians have unibrows, especially among the Persians and Kurds, LOL.

Most Iranians don't look like Semites at all. We have an unique and distinct look.

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

You should visit Iran once.

And this how Arabs viewed Persians a century ago:

Ibn Berry, the well-known Arab grammarian of the 12th century AD, explains Al Fadl ibn Al Abbas’s words by saying, “…He means by this that his genealogy is pure and that he is a pure Arab because the Arabs describe their color as black and they describe the color of the non-Arab Persians as red”. Click below for original in Arabic. Al-Mubarrad says, “What he means by ‘I am the green one’ is that he is the dark-skinned one – the black-skinned one. The Arabs used to take pride in dark skin – black skin and they used to despise light skin and they said that light skin is the color of the Persians.”

Ibn Mandour further describes the pure Arabs by saying, “Lank hair is the kind of hair that most non-Arab Persians and Romans have while kinky hair is the kind of hair that most Arabs have”.

Ibn Mandour says that the expression The Red People applies to the non-Arabs because of their whiteness and because of the fact that most of them are fair-skinned. He says that the Arabs used to call the non-Arabs such as the Romans and the Persians and their neighbors, The Red People. He also says that when the Arabs say that someone is white, they mean that he has a noble character–they don’t mean that he is white. He says that the Arabs call the slaves The Red People. This is because most of the slaves of the Arabs were white (red). Click below for original in Arabic.

Al Dhahabi says “Red, in the speech of the people from the Hijaz, means fair-complexioned and this color is rare amongst the Arabs. This is the meaning of the saying ‘…(He was) a red man as if he is one of the slaves’. The speaker meant that his color is like that of the slaves who were captured from the Christians of Syria, Rome, and Persia”. So it must be understood that what people call “white” today was called “red” by the Arabs of the past.

Dariush the Great (depicted by the Greeks) looks like a modern Persian:

Darius-Vase.jpg

I never said all. Notice that I wrote MANY. Genetic evidence also confirm this. Look and genetics are two different think as I already told. Besides then Iranians have a very mixed genetic gene pool and many also look differently depending on the region and town. You know this very well.

LOL. You always post those same 4 pictures. I have seen you doing it a few times before. Those are like 0,00001% of all Iranians. Despite this many of those individuals could easily pass as Semitic people.

Aside from that then other haplogroups are also popular in the Arab world aside from the Haplogroup J-P209 which is typical among all Semitic people in the world (most predominant one at least).

The point still stands. I have seen many Iranians that I have confused for being Arabs or Semitic people and many Iranians indeed have Semitic blood. After all Semitic people lived in parts of the Iranian Plateau before any Indo-Iranians.

I will say it again. Al-Sistani would look like any Hejazi and ironically he also traces his ancestry to Hejaz. Just to make on example. I have also noticed that many Baluch people look Semitic.

Overall Middle Eastern people are more close to each other than outsiders hence why many outsiders hardly can disguise between the different ethnic group. There is a reason for that. Just like we think that all Mongoloid people are similar while the locals have no problem distinguishing all groups from each other.

Ordinary Iranian football team:

Men's football team:

A few of them could also easily pass as Semites. At least they would not look as outsiders as would a Indian, Pakistani, Bengali, Mongoloid people, Blacks or Europeans to mention a few people.

I also believe that Semitic features are stronger and more dominant than the Iranian ones.

EDIT: All those old descriptions that are poorly translated are not very useful. There are old descriptions of the Arabs by the Chinese and others who call them white, tall and as frightening opponents with their beards and Arabian horses.

Read the description of all the Islamic figures by outsiders. The Prophet Muhammad (saws) is even described as having reddish beard.

Arabs have olive skin and are not dark as in black but just Middle Eastern. Those who are, are descendants of African slaves.

Just look at the pure Arab families such as the Al-Saud family or the Emirati ones in the middle of Arabia (Najd) and Eastern Arabia (Greater Bahrain/Dilmun).

Greeks and Romans were often described as "dark" by Northern Europeans (Gauls, Franks and Germans) too.

With the exception of the goalkeeper and the guy on right, first row, not one of that men's football team looks like an Semite.

The one next to the goalkeeper (on the left) too. Those on the left upper right and upper left too. The one on the back row (4th from the left) could also pass as one. In fact to be honest all of them could be present in the Arab world. Some more than others - those I mentioned if I had to pick some.

The one on the far left looks like an Armenian.

The one right next to the goalkeeper, on the right - looks like a darker version of Dracula. Can't really classify him.

The ones in the back (middle) all look differently from each other.

The girls team look strange as in, that I can't really pinpoint them. Arab women tend to be much lighter than those ones. Not sure what province they are from.

Do you know the names and backgrounds of all those (mens team)? Where they are from in Iran?

No point to post the Saudi football team since 90% of them are Arab-Africans, LOL. In case anyone wondered. Same with Qatar I believe although I am not sure. They have some Black Brazilians too.

True, especially since Levantines aren't really Arabs, just as Iraqis aren't. That is why most Syrians look different compared to Yemenis or Saudis.

Well, aside from the Arabian Peninsula, some clans migrated to Iraq, Libya, and Jordan. While a few resides in Sina.

I don't know where they all come from in Iran, but the player completely on the right (no.13), first row, is an Iranian-Arab:

Hossein Kaebi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I may ask, what is the population of Iranian Arabs?

Levant Syrians,Iraqis, Gulf arabs all look different. why do people still believe we are all Arab ethnicity ?

I can spot the 3 out easily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom