What's new

help me pleaseeeee!!

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
please somebody help me!
i am having a problem with my pendrive(transcend,4gb)
when i connect it to my pc,it shows the message "windows was unable to save the file........". i can"t open it!
please somebody help me!!!!!!!!

please somebody help me!
when i connect it to my pc,it shows the message "windows was unable to save the file........". i can"t open it!

There might be a virus in your system if it is treating your pen drive as a file. i forgot the name of the virus but i am sure either it is in your pen drive or it is in your windows.

so wht should i do?

Insert pen drive and then go to Windows explorer and see if you are able to see the drive or not.

If that does not work, then try a different OS in the same computer or if possible use a different computer altogether.

If the second option works fine then you will need to format and reinstall the OS on the first machine.

Insert pen drive and then go to Windows explorer and see if you are able to see the drive or not.

If that does not work, then try a different OS in the same computer or if possible use a different computer altogether.

If the second option works fine then you will need to format and reinstall the OS on the first machine.

dude, i can see the drive,autoplay also works but i cant open it.after the Autoplay is complete the message:windows cant save the files........is seen

dude, i can see the drive,autoplay also works but i cant open it.after the Autoplay is complete the message:windows cant save the files........is seen

Right click on it there will be a explore option. try using it.

open it through run

open "RUN" and click on browse

try to open the drive if opened
then copy your imp things from the drive and then format it

For a quicker solution, I recommend you try asking ur question is a IT forum.

This is a defence forum and ppl have limited knowledge in IT.

please somebody help me!
Yours is a known issue/problem with FLASH memory and quite independent of OS. But in order to eliminate the OS and virus as potential culprits, you SHOULD follow the advice of others: See if a Linux box can access your FLASH drive.

If a Linux box can access and test write your FLASH drive, then the problem lies within your Windoze box. If neither OS can access your FLASH drive, then the problem is your drive. FLASH memory have limited write cycles. The expected result of when a FLASH cell, not yet the entire drive, has reached its write limit, is that the cell cannot be written. The drive's tiny controller will move to the next available cell. This is transparent to the user. If the entire drive, all 4gb, cannot be written, then the entire drive with all cells have reached their write limit. This is why you really should have another OS to verify if this is the case.

The next question is: May be the entire drive has been rendered 'Readable' in some way? Like permission issue?

Now we get a little more complicated...

If a cell cannot be written, that does not mean it cannot be read. It should be readable, if not writable. But if the cell is neither writable nor readable, then it is likely that your entire drive is going bad. All cells and probably its tiny controller. FLASH drives often have readable only cells because they are either 'bad' or have reached their write cycle limit. Either way, they should be readable if not writable.

If the particular file is large and to save that large file the drive have no choice but to attempt to write to readable only cells. I said 'attempt'. The attempt to write to readable only cells will fail and the result will be that 'Unable to save...' message. To verify this, you should use another OS, like a Linux or a Mac box, and try to save a simple txt file. Something with just 'Testing...Testing...Testing...' will suffice. If just a few bytes cannot be saved under a non-Windoze box, then your FLASH drive is borked.

Transcend is one of our 'second tier' customers. Actually, they are borderline 'second' and 'third' tier. Our 'first' tier customers are major buyers like Sony or IBM or Apple who demand only FLASH dies that passes our first test run. When we have to re-test a die because it supposedly 'failed' the first run, we downgrade that die. The more re-test, the lower the downgrade, and we sell that die at a lower price. The major companies are willing to pay a higher premium for first run dies. Some manufacturers will have more than three re-test runs. We do not. Some manufacturers will 'spot' test wafers out of a batch of thousands of wafers. We literally test every wafer and therefore every die on the wafer is tested. So there can be great variability in these USB-type FLASH products.

To sum it up, take your potentially borked up drive to another OS and try to save a small and simple file. If that does not work, odds are the thing is dead or will be dead at the worst time for you.

Back
Top Bottom