What's new

Haqqani urges US to take tougher line on Pakistan

I thought he was under house arrest. How did he manage to reach USA?

Has anyone read his book? Pakistan: Between Mosque And Military. If yes how is it?

I don't get it, Isn't this what most Pakistanis want though? Not be a close ally of America?

I don't get it, Isn't this what most Pakistanis want though? Not be a close ally of America?

I think you are not getting the point, people on the forum are commenting on his attitude, his talk while he is a Pakistani and served as an Ambassador.

Not one post till now that discusses content.Only personal attack ona person who cannot hit back.:pakistan:

And the behavior change is not going to come unless and until there is behavior change on your part.
So you should stop the meddling. … You have to stop going in and seeing all our politicians and thinking they are all your friends and trying to influence. “Make Pakistanis realize that America has an interest in Pakistan, but you know what, America respects Pakistani opinion. Show respect for Pakistani public opinion. And if Pakistanis don’t want to be your friends, you don’t want to be their friends, thank you very much.”

Now stop thinking of each other as allies. That will give Pakistan flexibility in terms of being able to do certain things which may or may not be approved by the United States, but the people in Pakistan who always claim our sovereignty is most important, they will be able to exercise that sovereignty, but then they will also have to bear the responsibility for that sovereignty.”

Whats wrong with what he says above ?

Back
Top Bottom