What's new

Haqqani urges US to take tougher line on Pakistan

Not one post till now that discusses content.Only personal attack ona person who cannot hit back.:pakistan:

And the behavior change is not going to come unless and until there is behavior change on your part.
So you should stop the meddling. … You have to stop going in and seeing all our politicians and thinking they are all your friends and trying to influence. “Make Pakistanis realize that America has an interest in Pakistan, but you know what, America respects Pakistani opinion. Show respect for Pakistani public opinion. And if Pakistanis don’t want to be your friends, you don’t want to be their friends, thank you very much.”

Now stop thinking of each other as allies. That will give Pakistan flexibility in terms of being able to do certain things which may or may not be approved by the United States, but the people in Pakistan who always claim our sovereignty is most important, they will be able to exercise that sovereignty, but then they will also have to bear the responsibility for that sovereignty.”

Whats wrong with what he says above ?

Nothing wrong from Indian perspective, absolutely nothing wrong.

Fully agreed.

Not one post till now that discusses content.Only personal attack ona person who cannot hit back.:pakistan:

And the behavior change is not going to come unless and until there is behavior change on your part.
So you should stop the meddling. … You have to stop going in and seeing all our politicians and thinking they are all your friends and trying to influence. “Make Pakistanis realize that America has an interest in Pakistan, but you know what, America respects Pakistani opinion. Show respect for Pakistani public opinion. And if Pakistanis don’t want to be your friends, you don’t want to be their friends, thank you very much.”

Now stop thinking of each other as allies. That will give Pakistan flexibility in terms of being able to do certain things which may or may not be approved by the United States, but the people in Pakistan who always claim our sovereignty is most important, they will be able to exercise that sovereignty, but then they will also have to bear the responsibility for that sovereignty.”

Whats wrong with what he says above ?

Think this way, u are a former ambassador of a certain country tried on certain charges and then run to a country with which current relation of ur home country isn't good and start talking bad about ur home country. What does that look like?? and sound like??

And people still think memogate was ISI propaganda and he is a loyal Pakistani...... Asking a foreign country to take TOUGHER LINE.... Some Patriot he is.

And shame on this Parliament and this Govt. which decided to reject the bill of banning dual nationality holder to hold any public office..... All of our Parliament is HH waiting for their turn.....

pakistan dumped on him, now he's crying

read in this way, ex pakistani embassador to united states says that united states should be tough to his country

so what kind of embassador he is?? this guy is exposed very much

Nothing wrong from Indian perspective, absolutely nothing wrong.

Fully agreed.

A Pakistani demands "Giving pakistanis breathing space from US influence" and you call it good from Indian perspective.

I give up.:no:

Think this way, u are a former ambassador of a certain country tried on certain charges and then run to a country with which current relation of ur home country isn't good and start talking bad about ur home country. What does that look like?? and sound like??

Dude he is urging US to let Pakistani make their own decisions,and give them breathing space.

Or I am reading this wrong.

if i'm not mistaken he is American Citizen, his wife is american citizen, his kids are american citizen... the guy took an oath to protect ameerica interests & thats what he is doing...... what else can be expected from him... lotta is on the roll :D

Edit: forgot to add " LANNTI KIRDAR HAQQANI "

A Pakistani demands "Giving pakistanis breathing space from US influence" and you call it good from Indian perspective.

Dude he is urging US to let Pakistani make their own decisions,and give them breathing space.

You are correct. The only problem is that Pakistan cannot breathe on its own without the US aid ventilator. Both sides know it.

If taken in current context it might seem so but his other statements where he has trashed his home country Pakistan doesn't paint a rosy picture of his character. he is a turn cloak for sure.

You are correct. The only problem is that Pakistan cannot breathe on its own without the US aid ventilator. Both sides know it.

But Vcheng all his statements have been anti Pakistani then he surely is a turn cloak right?

If taken in current context it might seem so but his other statements where he has trashed his home country Pakistan doesn't paint a rosy picture of his character. he is a turn cloak for sure.

But Vcheng all his statements have been anti Pakistani then he surely is a turn cloak right?

My first post was regarding the context of the statement.
I am just amused at my fellow Pakistani friends reaction(probably to the man and not what he said).He is saying the same things that I have seen them demanding and they are calling him names.

I read the statement like 5 times just to make sure.:woot:

My first post was regarding the context of the statement.
I am just amused at my fellow Pakistani friends reaction(probably to the man and not what he said).He is saying the same things that I have seen them demanding and they are calling him names.

I read the statement like 5 times just to make sure.:woot:

Have you read the memo he carried to the Pentagon?

Go through this pls
Copy of Mansoor Ijaz’s secret memo to Admiral Mullen, Ijaz claims memo authored by Husain Haqqani | Pakistan Blogzine

This guy is under protection in the US, he will have to face the court if he lands in Pakistan I assume.

Pakistanis do have a special affinity towards Israel...

forced one really

not really sure why

Jordanians dont understand it
Turks dont get it
even Egyptians dont get it and Israelis? well they are also clueless

I've seen a couple of his speech video's, this guy talks like a "lotta" neither here nor there. He hardly makes any sense neither for the US nor for the Pakistani authorities.

yea

ask his students who had to suffer his lectures. if you had said what you just said in front of him then he would have bitten your head.
the guy is knowledgeable and very clever a self serving egotistic and untrustworthy a true manifestation of what means to be a successful and accomplished American these days

now thats a shame and a great drain on the US taxpayer

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3402225 said:
pakistan dumped on him, now he's crying

read in this way, ex pakistani embassador to united states says that united states should be tough to his country

so what kind of embassador he is?? this guy is exposed very much

he never hid his thoughts while working as an Ambassador. nothing exposed he can do well in Fox News by the way. he should get his own slot there

With people like him, deployed on senior and very important positions, Pakistan does not need India or for that matter the US to destroy it. These people are here to do the job.
I have always said this that this whole regime of Zadari and Co and crossed the line of treachery. They are not just corrupts but traitors to their own country. Haqqani is one such fine example of this regime.

What a GUY!!!! he was enjoying the tax payers money all this while.. now he is in us and talking against his country... Pathetic guy!!

Haqqani has been a US loyalist primarily all along, but he does make sense in some areas.
If the Pakistani people wish "Death to America" and consider the US an enemy.. Oblige them...then see if their opinions change.

The whole problem in US-Pakistani relations is that the governments talk.. not the people.
Let the people decide what they want with each other..
let the people of the two countries decide their opinion of each other.

Back
Top Bottom