What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

So...while dropping some files at his senior's desk, the poor guy saw the wooden model. Now, he's forbidden from leaving the office building.

never heard of classified information in
Wooden model at someone desk 😂 someone made up s788 story

Yep. IMHO the PN needs a mix of long-endurance AIP-equipped and shallow-water attack submarines. The AIP ought to be a fuel-cell or some type of non-mechanical system. That way, we minimize the vibrations (acoustics) of the submarine. The long-endurance subs can operate in the EEZ while the SWATs can guard our littoral waters. Combined with the busy environment of the Arabian Seas, our subs will be silent threats.
PN should look again German subs U214 remember Mush era deal? Pshamim sb broke the new by the way any news about Shamim sb? His health?

PN had an indigenous working (experimental) model circa 2009/10.
That was 22 years ago, I am sure they would have made a lot of progress since then

It is and will draw on an existing design - complications with reactor design put a temporary halt to it. :cool:

It exists in concepts, requirements and a nice wooden model form in E-7/8.

It also was the focus of heavy intel ops by both neighbors, two middle east countries and nearly half of NATO.

Things like this can happen
Watch from 35m mark

Bottom line buying a model from Shop vs someone putting a model of classified info on his desk and being locked I. Office , if someone has held classified clearance he /she would know what he can put up infact everything is clearly marked so
If you walked into some office and classified is in the open he would end up i. jail not you still the story is BS

;)

Was it AIP or the possibility to modify it for CM carrying? Please advise.
A
I believe you are correct. Standard torpedo tubes are 533mm, HDW had modified them for the Israeli Dolphin class (modified U212) to 650mm in order to launch Popeye Turbo CMs. Pakistan had requested the same for the proposed U214, but was denied by the German Gov.
BTW Germany has subsidized all Israeli Navy assets built in Germany (Dolphins, Sa'ar V/VI corvettes :) )

Back
Top Bottom