What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

If Song Class Sub marines are coming with YJ 18 capability, it would be great development. PN might develop its own local version to be used in future.

Song– and Yuan-class attack submarines will also purportedly be fitted with the YJ-18 vertically-launched, long-range, supersonic anti-ship missile, although an exact induction date for the new weapon is not known.”

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...-18-supersonic-anti-ship-missile-emerges.html
The vertical launching variants of YJ-18 are only for Type 052D DDG and Type 055 DDG.
And the variant of YJ-18 for submarines is launched through torpedo tube.

Whatever these Subs are, they are very expensive. Are they being Gold plated by any chance?

The vertical launching variants of YJ-18 are only for Type 052D DDG and Type 055 DDG.
And the variant of YJ-18 for submarines is launched through torpedo tube.
can you please tell me which model is pakistan getting? s20? type 39 or something else? there is no information.

can you please tell me which model is pakistan getting? s20? type 39 or something else? there is no information.
Type 039/A/B/... are the names given by PLA, while S-20 and others are the names for export variants, just like HQ-16/LY-80, HQ-9/FD-2000.

Pn would most probably get a customized version and may be called something new but s-20 was smaller vs Chinese 039/41 but perhaps when adding aip it’s will be one the largest conventional sub 2600 ton surface and 3600 tons submerged and depends on what pn is asking especially if the Vls buzz is correct Then may go up by couple of hundreds ton

But with 6 tubes and 18 rounds meaning 3 full reloads for all tubes

Meaning 6 ssm 8 torpedoes and perhaps 4 rounds of surface attack cruise missiles like yj-18 or Cj-10 type is max load combination

Will be Nice to have 4-6 more rounds capacity or with additional of so called Vls for ~ 4 on top of 18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qing-class_submarine

Last edited:
IMG_5191.JPG

China's export submarine designation give you some idea on it's displacement. S-20 is a 2,000 tons submarine. S-26 ordered by Thailand is a 2,600 ton ship. So if your customised submarine has displacement of 2,800 tons, it will likely be called S-28.

Picture at post #641 above is a test-bed submarine called type 032. (Many netizens have on their own initiative give it a designation type 41, which is incorrect). All conventional powered submarines (SSK) built in China are designation type 03X, as in type 039, 032 etc.

Type 032 (mistaken as type 041) is a test bed for missiles, torpedo etc. It is not a frontline combat ship.

How do these Hangor class subs for Pakistan compare to our Agosta 90B subs. Are they from similar generation or is Hangor class any better. The same goes with the German subs which we were about to purchase. I hope Pakistan navy is not compromising on quality over quantity.

How do these Hangor class subs for Pakistan compare to our Agosta 90B subs. Are they from similar generation or is Hangor class any better. The same goes with the German subs which we were about to purchase. I hope Pakistan navy is not compromising on quality over quantity.
They are not compromising on quality! Plus China is a reliable strategic partner, Germany or Nato is not !

Latest Chinese subs, in any case, should be superior to the base Agosta-90B provided by the French. I am hesitant to say anything about their AIP and propulsion system at this stage, even though they have made considerable advancements in them. The German U214 was a better option IMO but purely based on tactical reasoning. PN had very cleverly only pitched U214 to the government back in the day so no creeping bureaucratic competition would be held, resulting in unwanted and unwarranted delays. Yet, the deal still fell through. Later the Chinese emerged with an economical option where PN could get 8 subs instead of 4. Plus, the option of desired modifications. Considering PN was looking into nuclear second-strike capability the Chinese appeared more politically reliable.

Do you have cheaper options?

Like German Submarines cheaper or equal. So if you think Chinese sub tech can compare with Germans, then you are flattering yourself. Unless these Chinese subs which PN has ordered have got some sort of Star-Trek technology in them, these are way too expensive, and way too late.

Back
Top Bottom